Everything posted by AnonymousCoach
-
Harrison County 63 Pendleton County 55
First things first, you were right and I was wrong about this one. You nailed it. But to your point, they have scholarships at prep schools these days. Places like Hargrave, Oak Hill, etc all scholarship kids to cover room and board.
-
Covington Catholic 65 Madison Central 47
According to KHSAA scoreboard, Fredrick averages 21.2 PPG 56% FG 43% 3FG 71% FT 3.2 RPG
-
Pendleton County/Harrison County predictions 2/21/2017 (38th District Tournament)
Will Harrison get rid of their coach after the season?
-
Who steps up with the Travelers gone?
So where will the following kids play? Adam Kunkel Trevon Faulkner Tre King JJ Reed Zan Payne EJ Williams All I've heard are Price to HD, Wales to Magic and Kelch to Twenty Two Vision. What say you @coachlee ?
-
Pendleton County/Harrison County predictions 2/21/2017 (38th District Tournament)
Their 4-25 record says otherwise. I know very little about Harrison except their record but losing by 16 to a bad Montgomery team says a lot.
-
Pendleton County/Harrison County predictions 2/21/2017 (38th District Tournament)
Agreed.
-
Sheldon Clark/Magoffin County Predictions (57th District Tournament)
Off topic, but what has happened to Dylan James? He was one of the top 2017 kids in Kentucky at one point and I haven't heard anything about him all year.
-
Austin Crawford recruitment (Bracken County - 2017)
Quick way to tell what is legit: If the head coach of a college or university calls and offers you a scholarship, it is legit. Anything else is interest.
-
Coaching change in the 6th region?
Looking for a job in Dayton perhaps? Follow his nephew Jaylon up to Wright State area.
-
Austin Crawford recruitment (Bracken County - 2017)
About this time last year a kid I had coached got a generic flyer from Wichita State and ask if it was an official offer. Obviously it wasn't but it opened my eyes to how naive some kids are these days. Having said that, I agree with the above assessment that the kid isn't that level of player. Upon multiple viewings I think he is a D3 level kid and that he won't get a better offer than UPike. And that's no disrespect to UPike. They're a top NAIA program with one of the best coaches in America.
-
2018 SG CJ Fredrick (Covington Catholic)
I wonder if Indiana's next head coach will honor the offer? Tom Crean is a dead man walking lol
-
Open Job: Frederick Douglass (New School)
I don't think Coach Mays has any desire to coach high school basketball agains
-
Open Job: Frederick Douglass (New School)
The name I keep hearing is Dale Brown of Eminence.
-
Jake Walter - CCH (Class of 2018)
I would think he would hold out for a scholarship at another school?
-
Inside the 6th Region (02/13/2017)
You obviously haven't seen Doss. They haven't lost a game all year. They've had the refs steal games from them 10 times.
-
Jake Walter - CCH (Class of 2018)
Dontaie was also offered by NKU. His first offer.
-
Who steps up with the Travelers gone?
I can confirm that Hoop Dreams is in the Silver division of Adidas. So the two gold teams are Magic and 22 Vision. HD is silver. And no other teams in Kentucky are on a shoe circuit
-
Fairdale 67 Doss 62 OT
Good to see that Tony Williams continues to blame all losses on referees on twitter. The man has yet to legitimately lose a game at Doss since he took over.
-
Pendleton County 75 Williamstown 65
You do realize that the only kid who would qualify as a good 3 point shooter by percentage would be Grant Walsh at 41%? Mid to low 30% 3 point percentages are not what many would qualify as good.
-
What team has the best backcourt in the state? (Take 2)
I assumed you were talking about Blair and Crace when I first read this.
-
Who steps up with the Travelers gone?
Romeo's team is a weird deal seeing as they're only going to exist for one season. Once he's gone, so is the deal. Silver is more of a "pay to play" deal. More quantity than quality. Very little (if any) financial backing from Adidas. Gold is generally your sponsored teams. Adidas provides gear and money to help offset travel costs. Your top players (Romeo Langford and Zion Williamson this year) are on the Gold circuit. Last year the Magic started on silver and earned their way up to the Gold because the had the talent.
-
Who steps up with the Travelers gone?
Magic Twitter account has confirmed they are in the Gold division.
-
Who steps up with the Travelers gone?
Correct on no Nike or UAA. I was told that Hoop Dreams and Magic are both Silver but haven't seen a team list yet. Manimal probably won't have high school teams. Take it all with a grain of salt. The AAU rumors are aplenty this time of year.
-
Who steps up with the Travelers gone?
Definitely will have plenty of coaches at the game with Romeo Langford featured on the roster. Price confirmed last night that he's playing for Hoop Dreams.
-
Lincoln County 59 Boyle County 56
I haven't heard anything about college interest for Noah but he seems to be the best in the 12th this year. He have any looks for college ball?