Braxton Beverly

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...
BB is on an official visit to Ohio State this weekend.

We have a home grown talent from the eastern part of our state on an official visit at an elite power 5 school yet some would rather take pot shots at his age. If it works for him and he plays high major college ball it makes me very proud as few from our state ever reach that level. Schools do not give officials to anyone, they are limited in numbers. Unofficials not so telling, official for BB at OSU is proving the naysayers wrong. If I did not know better, I may suggest some act like they are having a bit of the envy attack.

We have a home grown talent from the eastern part of our state on an official visit at an elite power 5 school yet some would rather take pot shots at his age. If it works for him and he plays high major college ball it makes me very proud as few from our state ever reach that level. Schools do not give officials to anyone, they are limited in numbers. Unofficials not so telling, official for BB at OSU is proving the naysayers wrong. If I did not know better, I may suggest some act like they are having a bit of the envy attack.

D1 is loaded with old kids. Sitting out for a couple years before enrolling in college will give this kid a much better chance at getting on the floor on a regular basis.

This route is not for every kid or parent. I don't blame him or his family, it's obviously important to them. This will give the kid the best chance to succeed at the d1 level.

The way I see it is that Braxton could have played his senior year of high school BB in KY and would have been eligible under KHSAA rules. So far that is no different than many kids who have at some time while they were younger repeated a grade. He chose to go to Hargrave his senior year and signed a LOI with Miami of OH in the fall. He actually played so well there that his stock rose significantly. At Hargrave he had the option to reclassify which reset his recruiting and rendered the LOI non-binding. Should he end up at a high major or higher profile school than Miami of OH it looks like he took advantage of all available options to pursue his dream of playing at the highest level of college ball he could achieve. And yet some bash him from his own state. I applaud him.