Braxton Beverly

So his goal is to play 'elite' D1. Is that any more free than Miami O?

Power five conferences have many advantages of what they provide including economic benefits over non-P5 schools. If you are taking your God given talents and hard work since you have put in your entire life wouldn't you want to maximize the return of your labor? Miami of OH may be a great school, but if you could play at OSU there would be a significance difference in doing so.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thinks it's great that he will for sure he playing D1 basketball. I still maintain that Miami of Ohio, or a school of that level is where he'll have the most impact. It really comes down to what Braxton feels is best for him. He can go to a high major and have a nice role for 4 years. Or go to a mid major and start for 3-4 years. Either way, it will work out for him.

I don't know of a kid that has worked any harder than what he has. I'd venture to say there's not a Kentucky kid that has put in as much time as him. While he's always been good, he is where he is because of work ethic. Plain and simple. That's admirable and makes me really pull for the kid.

Generally speaking, kids and people in general get way too caught up in the D1 hype. As was said, free is free and it really should be about the quality of education and then about the fit. BUT, if he can get a free ride to a high-exposure program like Ohio State, get his degree, handle himself well on the court AND play a meaningful role, the exposure will literally be worth $$$. That's a situation where he would be crazy not to pick an Ohio State type school over a Miami level school. So, a low-mid D1 vs a low D1 or a D2, it makes no difference. But this level, if everything falls into place, could be huge for him after his basketball career ends.

Jordan Brangers...North Hardin and Eastern High schools I think. Just committed to Texas Tech. Guy was a tireless worker..back against the wall type of worker. Didn't mean to hijack Braxtons thread but Jordan is notorious in this area for his work ethic

So, we are arguing over who works harder? Unbelievable.

I love the "works harder than anyone in the state" or "handles better" or "jumps higher" than anyone in the state. So many folks have obviously seen all of the kids in the state. You guys really get around.

Guest 11th insider

I couldn't agree more spin doc! Onebadman,I'm pretty sure there are a lot of kids maximizing their talent. I know several who work as hard as anyone. I'm not saying they work harder than BB or not but you can't make those statements or comparisons!

He will play at Ohio state next year. Mark it down!!

Could be difficult considering they haven't offered him a scholarship yet. Some schools use officials as a way to get a kid on campus to evaluate them for a few days. Not saying that's the case here. But as of now, there hasn't been an offer extended.

I couldn't agree more spin doc! Onebadman,I'm pretty sure there are a lot of kids maximizing their talent. I know several who work as hard as anyone. I'm not saying they work harder than BB or not but you can't make those statements or comparisons!

LarryLegend and Spindoc - I'm not saying I go to all of the gyms and watch these kids. Im just looking at results. Here's a 5'10" kid that, as of 3 years ago, wasn't overly athletic (and certainly wasn't a good leaper), wasn't a good shooter and was a tad heavy. I thought he'd be fortunate to play NAIA.

Today, he's still 5'10," but he has transformed his body and his game. He now has a 39" vertical, per an actual measurement. That alone is absurd. He appears very trim and is quick. He's become a dangerous shooter, so much so that he put up 70 in a game for Hargrave. I believe he will now be heading to Ohio State. That amount of improvement is crazy and there's only one way that happened. I don't have to see his gym log to figure that one out.

Guest 11th insider

Very impressive to say the least.. If you know the kid and you look at the results there is absolutely zero doubt the kid is a relentless worker.. I think our problem came with the he works harder than everyone else(which is essentially what you said). If he commits to OHIO ST tomorrow as it it looks like he will, his hard work will have all been worth it which is the bottom line. Congrats

Very impressive to say the least.. If you know the kid and you look at the results there is absolutely zero doubt the kid is a relentless worker.. I think our problem came with the he works harder than everyone else(which is essentially what you said). If he commits to OHIO ST tomorrow as it it looks like he will, his hard work will have all been worth it which is the bottom line. Congrats

Maybe I should have said no one has worked has hard as him AND improved as much as a result. Perhaps others have worked as hard. Maybe it's just that his work is more efficient than the others'. I'm not aware of any Kentucky kid that has shown that kind of improvement over the last several years. Again, the results are indisputable.

Look, sorry to offend people by shining the spotlight on his work ethic. I have no allegiance or relationship to Beverly. I'm just giving credit where it's due and calling it like I see it.