Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Braxton Beverly

Featured Replies

I've always wondered what the attraction to these preps schools were. If he already had a D1 offer to Miami, Oh. why spend the extra year of going to Hargrave. Was it academic enhancement or just wanting a 'bigger' offer. While OSU may be more 'prestigious' what advantage does it really give him? 4 sophomore guards on OSU so he will have to earn his playing time. The academics and alumni at Miami, Oh are outstanding. Not sure is OSU brings more to the table unless he wants to use this a tool to play after college?

 

FYI, I know nothing of the kid, I've seen a couple of videos. Always wishing a kid from KY the best of luck, just wondering what these type of schools do to attract certain kids.

 

What I recall is that Braxton went to Hargrave to simply get better competition so when he entered college the next year he would be as ready as he could be. I am not sure when he verbally committed to Miami of OH. I know he had not signed because that was in early signing period in November. He opted to practice and play against D1 caliber players his senior season by going the Prep School route.

Braxton signed his LOI with Miami of OH before the season began. As the season took off, so did Braxton. He simply had one heck of a season playing against the best prep players in the country. I don't think he went prep to fish for a better offer, it was for development opportunity. His stock rose and only then did he reclassify to be able to go through the recruiting process again with interest growing from major programs.

  • Replies 97
  • Views 25.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Verbal Commits

 

Did he really have 15 other D1 offers? Felt he needed to prep more? Must have been pretty darn good already. Can't wait to see him suit up for the Buckeyes.

He has been released from his LOI at Ohio State.

He has been released from his LOI at Ohio State.

I heard he was transferring to North Carolina State.

I spoke to his father a week ago or so. Raliegh, NC will likely be the next stop, former Hargrave head coach is now an assistant @ NC State. Best of luck, Braxton!

Also the head coach at NC State who was an assistant at U of L was also head coach at Hargrave so the ties to Hargrave are deep. Congrats to Braxton. He as caught in a change of coaches at OSU where the coach that recruited him was no longer there. New coach wants to bring in his guy(s) so this works out for all.

Also the head coach at NC State who was an assistant at U of L was also head coach at Hargrave so the ties to Hargrave are deep. Congrats to Braxton. He as caught in a change of coaches at OSU where the coach that recruited him was no longer there. New coach wants to bring in his guy(s) so this works out for all.

 

Refresh my memory. Besides prep school did he play for any other high school than PCC?

No, pretty sure straight to Hargrave from PCC. However, not sure if he was at any other school prior to PCC when he was younger. I know he played varsity basketball early.

No, pretty sure straight to Hargrave from PCC. However, not sure if he was at any other school prior to PCC when he was younger. I know he played varsity basketball early.

 

In the 2011 Sweet 16 as a fearless 7th grader, Beverly came off of the bench for PCC to stun those in attendance by scoring 23 points in a losing effort in the first round against Wayne County.

Personally I think the extra year was a great move. At his height, that extra strength and maturity will help a ton especially at the D 1 level.

Personally I think the extra year was a great move. At his height, that extra strength and maturity will help a ton especially at the D 1 level.

 

He had 15 D1 offers?? What could it help? I guess his "handler" will decide what is best for him.

Offers aside, I think an extra year to get stronger probably has helped him.

I won't be surprised if he ends up at a Kentucky school.

  • Author
I won't be surprised if he ends up at a Kentucky school.

 

I would love to see him at EKU so I could watch him play. Has always been one of the kids that I enjoyed watching play and run a game. Too bad he got caught up in the Ohio St. mess, but he will land and contribute to some team. The good ones always do!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.