Braxton Beverly

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So...did Braxton Beverly make the right move by leaving PCC and going to Hargrave?

Absolutely no doubt. Can't fault a kid for bettering himself . A little selfishness on my end would love for him to been at PCC, so my Commodores would been at Rupp.

So...did Braxton Beverly make the right move by leaving PCC and going to Hargrave?

I would think yes would be the answer. I think if he would have had a great year at PCC he would have gotten some bigger program offers then what he had previously received, but not Ohio State caliber offers. Just my thoughts

Hey it's a system, I get it, but he's older then most of UKs team and could be a senior in college. If I had years of maturity and experience on my competition, I'd look good too. He'll be going against teams with 15 and 16yos this year...think about that.

Classy

No, it was not classy. It was a backhanded compliment that does show a tint of shade though. I am a guy on the back nine of life, but if I could change places with this young man I would be thrilled to be in his shoes. Hats off BB, you earned it and the vast majority of this state are very proud of you.

P.S. I knew your sarcasm meter was on.

Hey it's a system, I get it, but he's older then most of UKs team and could be a senior in college. If I had years of maturity and experience on my competition, I'd look good too. He'll be going against teams with 15 and 16yos this year...think about that.

Color me skeptical.

Color me skeptical.

Naw, if I was 9 years old and had to play 5 years old, I'd dominate...bigger, stronger. and more mature. If I was 14 and had to play 9 years old, I 'd dominate for the same reasons. If I was 20 years old and had to play 15 year olds and I was entering my 6th year of high school/prep , I should be able to dominate them.

Derek Willis would be starting his freshman season this year at UK if he was on the Beverly Plan.

Naw, if I was 9 years old and had to play 5 years old, I'd dominate...bigger, stronger. and more mature. If I was 14 and had to play 9 years old, I 'd dominate for the same reasons. If I was 20 years old and had to play 15 year olds and I was entering my 6th year of high school/prep , I should be able to dominate them.

Derek Willis would be starting his freshman season this year at UK if he was on the Beverly Plan.

Beverly isn't a one and done. So the age isn't an issue. Is it an issue when kids join our military and come home and play football for a university of their choice? You rail on those kids too? They aren't 17 or 18. Or do they not rub you the wrong way because that wouldn't fit your agenda? Hey, Chris Weinke played professional baseball and then enrolled at Florida State to play quarterback at 26. Heck, that should make your head explode.