Giving credit where credit is due?

Who are some of your team's biggest behind the scene's supporter's. They may be managers, boosters, parents, and etc. My favorite at Highlands was Vi Gerding, she always gave the football players a little extra food on game day's. (she worked in the lunch room) We always hear about the coaches and the players, just thought we could give a little praise to the people that make thing's happen!

Who are some of your team's biggest behind the scene's supporter's. They may be managers, boosters, parents, and etc. My favorite at Highlands was Vi Gerding, she always gave the football players a little extra food on game day's. (she worked in the lunch room) We always hear about the coaches and the players, just thought we could give a little praise to the people that make thing's happen!

Vi is the Greatest. She remembers everyone and everything.:thumb:

Larry Oney, Dunbar. Always working to make sure all the equipment is out or put up. Gives the players a pick me up and can get after them when needed. Always does anything the coaches ask. 100% total supporter.

Vi's awesome. If you had a big game coming up or played a good game she would occasionally buy your lunch. Her and I shared the same birthday and every year for about ten years we would send each other a card with $1 in it. She never, ever missed a birthday...

The members of the Raceland Touchdown Club. They put in countless hours of hard work and a lot of it goes unnoticed. They handle all the behind the scene work that goes on before and after each game and it all starts well before the season begins.

It would be wrong not to mention Ed and Laura Hausfeld from Bellevue. During my 4 yrs there I think they both were at every baseball game handling drinks/tootsie rolls, equipment, driving to and from games. In Football Mr. Ed was at every practice and game, and in Basketball he never missed a game. I know he is getting up there in age now and wasnt a young guy back then in the late 80's but those two definitely devoted thousands of hours to Bellevue Athletics.

I have seen PH stuggle at times to get to a game just to welcome "his boys" out on the field. At times, we have been known to go just for that and just a little bit of the game. I have also seen him pull all nighters to get articles done for the news letter and some other informational papers....no matter if the game is won or lost, PH is always there telling "his boys" how well they have played!

Vi is great. What about Ron Welch? RW. He is a great man who would do anything for the young men of Highlands.