Brad Carr out at Scott?

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Been on the road a little and just heard this rumor.

Don't have all of the details but there is something going on here.

What a shame if Carr did not get to go out on his own terms after everything he has done for that program.

Have had two kids play for Coach Carr and the life lessons they learned in the program have contributed in their success at the next level and their personal and professional lives.

His style is not for everyone especially in this PC, participation trophy world we live in. What most don't see is how much he invests in these players off of the court.

Shame. He IS Scott basketball. My kids played against him, went to his camps, and got to know him to some degree. They loved him. I know nothing about him personally or about his future desires. But I hope he remains in coaching in NKY.

Great coach in my opinion!!

Wouldn't surprise me in this day and age of administrators made this move because of parents. Seems like that's who runs athletics now.

I know nothing about this situation and whether parental involvement is a factor. However, I will seize the opportunity and comment in general.

If I were a coach in any sport, as part of my interview I would ask hard questions of the administration. I want to know how they handle parental complaints. I would have to be comfortable with their process for handling complaints before I would ever accept a job. There will absolutely no doubt be complaints. I will make that clear in the interview. I know that and you know that. So how do we handle them and what support can I expect from you, Mr/Ms. AD, Principal, Superintendent, Board, etc. If I cannot get a commitment in writing of the complaint process that I like, I don't take the job.

I know nothing about this situation and whether parental involvement is a factor. However, I will seize the opportunity and comment in general.

If I were a coach in any sport, as part of my interview I would ask hard questions of the administration. I want to know how they handle parental complaints. I would have to be comfortable with their process for handling complaints before I would ever accept a job. There will absolutely no doubt be complaints. I will make that clear in the interview. I know that and you know that. So how do we handle them and what support can I expect from you, Mr/Ms. AD, Principal, Superintendent, Board, etc. If I cannot get a commitment in writing of the complaint process that I like, I don't take the job.

Well stated VoR!

As more and more schools fall victim to our Politically Correct Culture we know the majority of schools will hang their teachers and coaches out to dry at the first sign of trouble.

Makes sense...but this is such a moving target. Unfortunately, I think the coach is always going to be on the short end...all complaints have to be investigated. It's no wonder it's getting harder and harder to find coaches. Especially when your teaching job is tied to your coaching job, it's just a tough business to be in.

Makes sense...but this is such a moving target. Unfortunately, I think the coach is always going to be on the short end...all complaints have to be investigated. It's no wonder it's getting harder and harder to find coaches. Especially when your teaching job is tied to your coaching job, it's just a tough business to be in.

A teaching job shouldn't be tied to your coaching job. They should be independent of each other.