Brad Carr out at Scott?

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have a source telling me there may in fact be an audio recording of something that doesn't sound too hot if you spend much time in an Ivory White Tower.

The second source is also claiming Carr did not resign. Or to be specific, that he was suspended from teaching and coaching. I suppose he still could have resigned but according to the second source the resignation would have been after being suspended.

I heard the same thing. I also heard some of the things he has said to kids in the past.. If it is true I'm surprised he lasted this long. However I will say my interactions with him have always been good. And I know he does care for his players a lot.

I heard the same thing. I also heard some of the things he has said to kids in the past.. If it is true I'm surprised he lasted this long. However I will say my interactions with him have always been good. And I know he does care for his players a lot.

Every coach uses "foul" language at times, and I can GUARANTEE you the players are using the same "foul" language as well.

Couple of things come to mind.....if the recording is basic game tape and that was submitted to administration then that would seem to be public domain. My question would be those same administrators would have been at multiple games anyway so why would the coaches sideline behavior be news?

If the tape was someone sticking a phone into a sideline huddle or a coach/player communication on the bench or a player recording locker room communication not sure I think that is as much for public consumption.

If the tape was recorded during a parent/coach meeting behind closed doors without coach's knowledge while it might not be illegal it would certainly be considered underhanded.

If indeed Jeff Trame and I still find it difficult to believe that he was involved he served on Coach Carr's staff a couple of years ago and was privy to all of the sideline decorum, lockerroom discussions, parent coach interaction and now it becomes an issue?

No secret who my kids are who played for Coach Carr and while my oldest really only played one year of varsity under Carr, Kellen played 4 years of varsity ball for Coach Carr. I can guarantee you no one on the current roster was coached harder for those 4 years.

As a parent I can tell you it was not always easy but we weren't looking for easy we were looking for what was best. We had some discussions with Coach Carr at times about what was best for Kellen and other times what was best for the program.

His door was always open and sometimes we didn't agree but we always knew that he had Kellen's and the programs best interest at heart. We always shook hands and moved forward.

My last thought on this is as Kellen moved onto the next level the things that he learned under Coach Carr carried him thru the many good times but more importantly through the tough times. Still in shock and sad day for Scott HS

Tough spot for Fro to be in but his loyalty is to the kids. Always has been and always will be. If he disagrees with something that happened, he will speak his mind and say so, face to face.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I do not think that Brad is a teacher in the classroom, other than to maybe sub on occasion.

He is a "fill-in" administrator, stepping in and filling the void where needed.

Recently retired Scott A.D. Ken Mueller used to always say, "Brad Carr is my coach until someone with the authority tells me to remove him." My thinking is that with Ken no longer their to fend for Brad, that he has become more vulnerable to his detractors.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I do not think that Brad is a teacher in the classroom, other than to maybe sub on occasion.

Recently retired Scott A.D. Ken Mueller used to always say, "Brad Carr is my coach until someone with the authority tells me to remove him." My thinking is that with Ken no longer their to fend for Brad, that he has become more vulnerable to his detractors.

Bingo...this situation is dealt with if Ken is still around...not covered up, but dealt with.

I heard that the Trame family had an audio recording of Carr and or Stapleton saying stuff that did not go well with the Kenton County School District. I think most of the coaches are standing with Carr and will not be returning next season.

Wrong, issues with Chris Stapleton two seasons ago using very awful language during the game to Andrew Trame. Administrators dealt with it two seasons ago. You are wrong.

Wrong, Brad is a full time teacher at Scott, he is the ICE teacher at the school. Heard he was under pressure by the principal to resign.

Wrong, issues with Chris Stapleton two seasons ago using very awful language during the game to Andrew Trame. Administrators dealt with it two seasons ago. You are wrong.

Well if we are all so wrong then what have you heard?

Doesn't it seem logical that the current atmosphere around discipline in the school had a lot to do with the resignation? Just days before this story broke, Scott High was on every local news show for a school fight that was not handled appropriately.