Brad Carr out at Scott?

Sad day for Scott HS when parent driven complaints can lead to this result. Program was in a downward spiral when he took over. He instilled a culture of toughness and accountability the program had lacked and won consistently with lesser talent.

Hope the group of parents that got this done are pleased with and be careful for what you wish for!

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sad day for Scott HS when parent driven complaints can lead to this result. Program was in a downward spiral when he took over. He instilled a culture of toughness and accountability the program had lacked and won consistently with lesser talent.

Hope the group of parents that got this done are pleased with and be careful for what you wish for!

I wouldn't say they were in a downward spiral. They were coming off a .500 season (roughly) but had several 20 win seasons prior to that in the 9th region under Jeff Trame. Brad benefited from Scott moving into the 10th region and parlayed that into a nice run. He's done a great job and has had some teams outperform their level of talent. They've probably been the most consistent team in the region and the one you'd least like to play in the post season over his tenure at Scott.

So Tenure and the Teachers Union are useless?

Not at all. But you have to admit if you get pushed out because of complaints on either end, it's got to have an affect on the other. And how often do coaches stick around to teach in a school after getting let go as a head coach.

That discussion is not really the point of this thread.

Not at all. But you have to admit if you get pushed out because of complaints on either end, it's got to have an affect on the other. And how often do coaches stick around to teach in a school after getting let go as a head coach.

That discussion is not really the point of this thread.

That's a real shame. People are very emotional about their sports, I can see where a school would cower if enough parents/boosters were upset about a coach but making a case against a teacher based on mostly emotion has to be almost impossible if the teacher wants to stand up and fight.

It sounds like something the Teachers Union needs to explore, separation of contracts for coaches and teachers, with it well stated that just because you believe you have cause to get rid of a coach you have to make a completely separate case to terminate the teaching contract.

That's a real shame. People are very emotional about their sports, I can see where a school would cower if enough parents/boosters were upset about a coach but making a case against a teacher based on mostly emotion has to be almost impossible if the teacher wants to stand up and fight.

It sounds like something the Teachers Union needs to explore, separation of contracts for coaches and teachers, with it well stated that just because you believe you have cause to get rid of a coach you have to make a completely separate case to terminate the teaching contract.

Yes. And regardless, it's gotta be an uncomfortable situation. And let's be clear, we don't know if that's was the case here or not.

On the court: The all time leader in wins in school history, 4 district championships, 2 region runner ups, 1 NKAC D1 Champion.

Off the court: Has done more for that school, program, and community than anyone. The positive impacts he has made on the hundreds of players he has coached and the lives of many others can not be measured. The hypocrisy and jealousy of a small group of individuals is shameful.

On the court: The all time leader in wins in school history, 4 district championships, 2 region runner ups, 1 NKAC D1 Champion.

Off the court: Has done more for that school, program, and community than anyone. The positive impacts he has made on the hundreds of players he has coached and the lives of many others can not be measured. The hypocrisy and jealousy of a small group of individuals is shameful.

IGGTW-YOU NAILED IT!

I heard that the Trame family had an audio recording of Carr and or Stapleton saying stuff that did not go well with the Kenton County School District. I think most of the coaches are standing with Carr and will not be returning next season.

I heard that the Trame family had an audio recording of Carr and or Stapleton saying stuff that did not go well with the Kenton County School District. I think most of the coaches are standing with Carr and will not be returning next season.

Wow if true that is pretty shady take recording someone.