Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Head Coach Openings

Featured Replies

I'm not looking to start rumors or to start a witch hunt. I'm just wondering if any head coaches from central Kentucky are stepping away from the game. I was wondering if any jobs will be open in the central part of the state.

 

Your definition of "central KY" is?

  • Replies 137
  • Views 49.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your definition of "central KY" is?

 

We talking 12th Region?

Louisville area has become almost impossible to keep coaches. Some schools that have numbers(enrollment) are doing fine. A lot of hires are no longer teachers. The jobs they are getting in the buildings do not pay much. A lot of work for little pay. In Louisville you have to be out there and connected to aau organizations or your not getting talent. Some coaches are not willing to spend every weekend chasing 5th-8th graders. A lot of soul selling in Louisville that has backfired. Kids come in with high hopes and it doesn't happen immediately they transfer. JCPS seems to be allowing transfers. Hard to build programs when you can start off playing at one school and finish at another in the same year. For the record, Unless there is a health issue or his assistants get out of it, I see coach Mabrey staying forever at PRP.

Where can you find the Lee County Job opening? I was interested in applying but can't find it anywhere online?

I was referring to the 11th and 12th Regions. Thanks in advance!

Nice info 6th Region guy! It just goes to show you how difficult it is to find a good coach and keep them. The expectations are higher than ever before for coaches on the court and in the classroom. We expect HS coaches to coach like they are college coaches, but pay them a part-time salary. It is a shame how our schools, parents, and communities treat HS coaches.

 

I agree that the coach opening stuff is nice information. I disagree with the content.

Is Shelby Valley going to be open? There was some talk of them maybe going after JBS's Justice, the hero on their state title team.

Is Shelby Valley going to be open? There was some talk of them maybe going after JBS's Justice, the hero on their state title team.

 

I think the feeling around that area is that it will be open but I haven't heard anything announced.

With what content?

"It is a shame how our schools, parents, and communities treat HS coaches."

 

Why is it always somebody else's fault when a coach leaves a program? And it's always easy to point a finger at the parents. Some of these coaches move on to administrative positions, some have kids playing that they would rather watch, some don't like coaching and, the one that I agree with more than anything, some just don't know what they are doing and need to quit.

 

It's difficult to keep a good coach because it's not about keeping a good coach. It's about the principal or the AD hiring their buddy. In the 6th and 7th region, there is a correlation between principal or AD changes and coaching changes.

Some of what you say is correct. It is not always the parent, school, or communities fault, but i do think we need to remember that we only pay HS head coaches about 7-8 thousand a year and expect them to have great programs on a shoe string budget. Sometimes the coaches do not need to be head coaches, but that is because it is hard to find quality people to do this much work for that little of pay.

Hearing there could be a few openings in the 16th as well as the 10th. I see moves being made over the next few weeks.

A couple of rumors around the 12th, or the 45th District I should say.

 

Boyle County's season is over so cue the annual Steve Adams is retiring talk. It's been going on for over a week in these parts and every year around this time that becomes the talk around town. I think this is the third year in a row folks have speculated on this at the end of each season. At least folks are consistent.

 

Lots of talk about Ed McKinney stepping down at Danville. This one seems to have way more legs to it and if it happens it will be interesting to see who puts in for it and who gets it.

 

I haven't heard much else around the 12th but it is still early in March.

I've heard about McKinney stepping down at Danville.

 

Adams still has the fire and enjoys his summer vacation. I expect him to be well rested and ready for basketball next season.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.