Next District Realignment?

I would like to see Walton, SK, Scott and Dixie all together.

It will eventually. Three of those schools are within 5 minutes of each other in the same county but in three different regions? That is a ridiculous situation the KHSAA needs to remedy.

As a 8th Region person, I know the travel for Simon Kenton and Walton is not ideal. Same for us going up to N.Ky. in the winter.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like to see Walton, SK, Scott and Dixie all together.

A very good idea of a district in the 9th Region: Dixie, Scott, Simon Kenton, Walton-Verona, Lloyd, St. Henry.

It is travel efficient and has great rivals together. It would also lessen some of the travel headaches for the 8th Region basketball teams and SK.

A very good idea of a district in the 9th Region: Dixie, Scott, Simon Kenton, Walton-Verona, Lloyd, St. Henry.

It is travel efficient and has great rivals together. It would also lessen some of the travel headaches for the 8th Region basketball teams and SK.

I agree.

I would LOVE to see the 39th play out like this. Have said for YEARS that Fleming and Lewis should be in the 10th.

But chances are probably slim to none.

Would love to see this as well, except Highlands replacing Calvary and SG in the 37th.

Would this mean district tournament rotation between Mason,Fleming and Lewis?

Mason County vs. Lewis County at Lewis County in a district tournament game, now that might be worth pitching a tent out in advance for

Would love to see this as well, except Highlands replacing Calvary and SG in the 37th.

Would this mean district tournament rotation between Mason,Fleming and Lewis?

Mason County vs. Lewis County at Lewis County in a district tournament game, now that might be worth pitching a tent out in advance for

And Fleming even more so. They've played every year for the past eleventy billion seasons.

The only downside would be putting St Pat in a no win situation. They would have to have an outstanding team to ever get to the region whereas the proposed 38th would send one so-so team to the region every year.

It would be a tough row to hoe for the Saints for sure. But that usually comes with the territory regardless of district alignment. I also would like to see them enjoy more success in the post-season.

And I'm old enough to remember St. Pat beating Mason County (1998, regular season), advancing to the semis of the All-A (1998, losing a heartbreaker to University Heights), a magical 2000 season (beating Mason County on the way to running the table in the district, losing another heartbreaker in the regional tourney, 61-60 to Bishop Brossart), another fine season in 2008. It does seem that they've drawn the big blue straw more than their share of times over the years.

The only downside would be putting St Pat in a no win situation. They would have to have an outstanding team to ever get to the region whereas the proposed 38th would send one so-so team to the region every year.

Vote to draw, like they do now.

I know this has been brought up before. But always thought it was odd/funny that the Kenton County school district has 3 high schools (Simon Kenton, Dixie, and Scott) in three different regions. Doubt they'll be put back together in the next alignment though.

Laurel County has two schools both located in the city of London in different districts. I've never understood that decision by the KHSAA.

Vote to draw, like they do now.

What a novel idea, very generous of you. I thought today's problem being discussed was the draw. And now it comes full circle. This whole thing is just a smokescreen. Get rid of the small schools and kick them to the curb. People this isn't right. It's downright insulting. How many of these small schools will close because the best athletes will be recruited to the big schools? By eliminating these schools, you're also limiting the number of spots available for athletes. These are young people we are talking about and how many kids are kept off the streets by offering them sports programs? And no, I graduated from a big school and we made the regionals.

The "small school" issue will always exist so long as we are in a one-class sport.

I'm not an advocate of classification, being from a program who has actually made the trip to Rupp, and is good enough on occasion to run with the big dogs.

However, with this being the case the small schools will always be "kicked to the curb," whether in a seeded district or once they get to the regional in a draw-in district.

That's the way it is in a one-class sport.

You must not be old enough to remember the glory days of the old 38th.

The "small school" issue will always exist so long as we are in a one-class sport.

I'm not an advocate of classification, being from a program who has actually made the trip to Rupp, and is good enough on occasion to run with the big dogs.

However, with this being the case the small schools will always be "kicked to the curb," whether in a seeded district or once they get to the regional in a draw-in district.

That's the way it is in a one-class sport.

But each small school team making the region, that makes their year. Once in a blue moon is what they live for. And practice for and spends their own personal money for camps for, the chance to make the region.