Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Next District Realignment?

Featured Replies

Does anyone one when the next realignment is, ecspecially around the 10th region.

What changes would you like to see?

 

My perfect region would be:

37th: Brossart, Campbell, Calvary, Silver Grove, Scott

38th: Bracken, Pendleton, Augusta, Robertson

39th: St Pat, Mason, Fleming, Lewis

40th: Nicholas, Harrison, Bourbon, Paris

  • Replies 79
  • Views 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think your suggestions are valid. But I think Highlands should be placed in the 37th and moved to the 10th Region. They are in Campbell County and if/when Silver Grove and/or Calvary Christian leaves the KHSAA, Highlands location in Ft. Thomas would make an ideal fit.

 

I would say move Silver Grove back to the 9th Region and compete in the 36th. From what I have heard over the years their enrollment is next to nothing and fielding teams is a problem. Just a thought.

Does anyone one when the next realignment is, ecspecially around the 10th region.

What changes would you like to see?

 

My perfect region would be:

37th: Brossart, Campbell, Calvary, Silver Grove, Scott

38th: Bracken, Pendleton, Augusta, Robertson

39th: St Pat, Mason, Fleming, Lewis

40th: Nicholas, Harrison, Bourbon, Paris

 

This would be the new 37th in a perfect KHSAA world.

37th: Brossart, Campbell, Highlands, Scott

 

All in the 10th Region. Move Silver Grove and Calvary back to the 9th Region. I continue to be amazed that Calvary competes in the KHSAA. And as I said, Silver Grove's enrollment will eventually cause it to close its doors, I would imagine. Remember the old Millersburg Military Institute down in Bourbon County? The enrollment dwindled to nothing and it shut down. I see the same happening up there in Silver Grove one day. That would open the door for Highlands to move into the 10th Region and the 37th district.

I don't believe there is any plan to do a wholesale basketball realignment in the near future. Remember, prior to the 2005/06 realignment, which saw adjustments in 51 of the 64 districts, the last major change was when Louisville was split into two regions in the mid-1960s. Between those two realignments, there was just token changes across the state.

That would be a killer 37th region. And I really like the idea of Lewis and Fleming being back in the 10th Region with Mason County. So where do Mason and GRC go? Maybe to the 16th Region with Rowan and Bath?

I know this has been brought up before. But always thought it was odd/funny that the Kenton County school district has 3 high schools (Simon Kenton, Dixie, and Scott) in three different regions. Doubt they'll be put back together in the next alignment though.

I know this has been brought up before. But always thought it was odd/funny that the Kenton County school district has 3 high schools (Simon Kenton, Dixie, and Scott) in three different regions. Doubt they'll be put back together in the next alignment though.

 

Always thought the same thing!

I continue to be amazed that Calvary competes in the KHSAA.

Calvary Christian has no viable option but to be members of the KHSAA.

In order to play other member schools you must be a member yourself.

During their just-completed season they played 21 games with teams from the 9th and 10th region, which makes up the bulk of their schedule.

 

By being members of the KHSAA you become assigned to a District and Region. Therein lies the problem for Calvary, since the 37th District is a seeded district they are required to play Brossart, Scott, and Campbell County on an annual basis, knowing full well that these will be lopsided loses. This year they opted, along with Silver Grove to simply take the 4 and 5 seeds without having to play the three-headed monster with whom they share the district. They did however, play Brossart, and should be much more competitive with the re-building Mustangs next year..

 

While not competitive in the 37th District, let us not forget that they won the 10th Region All "A" Classic in 2009 - so the potential is there. They are not a land-locked school like Silver Grove, and they seem to value the benefits of a good athletic program.

 

A couple observations about Calvary. First, I was overly impressed with their band and student section that cheered every minor accomplishment, and stood throughout the course of their games. They were by far the most spirited student section in the 37th District Tournament.

 

I'm rooting hard for their new head coach Ryan Neises to change the culture there, and put his team in a better position to compete. I was very outspoken about the previous staff who I thought did the Calvary kids a tremendous dis-service during its tenure there. They simply didn't have to be as bad as they were. Neises has some kids who can play and I feel are capable of competing at the NKAC Division III level, which is where they need to focus their attentions.

 

Their record against D-III competition this year (inside and outside of conference play) was 8-7, with 7 of those 8 wins coming over Heritage, SGrove, and CovLatin. They also won the KCAC conference. They've now cleared that hurdle. Two times this season they were competitive with Bellevue and Dayton, which I feel should be their next baby step forward.

 

They have a whiz kid 8th Grade guard in Mason Rusch who entertained the 37th District fans and earned the respect of the crowd vs both Silver Grove and then again against Campbell County. He is fearless. IF they can keep this kid in Red and Gold, they've really got something to build on. Akeem Riley is back, and has the potential to contribute consistently in a team setting.

 

Neises took over this program late in the summer. He will now have a full off-season to instill some much needed fundamentals, and learn how to win at the D-III level. They need to win games by doing the right things and not simply relying on their athlete pool. That is a very attainable goal for them. I congratulate them on their successes this year and am happy to see them striving to compete outside of the KCAC and Christian school box.

Calvary Christian has no viable option but to be members of the KHSAA.

In order to play other member schools you must be a member yourself.

During their just-completed season they played 21 games with teams from the 9th and 10th region, which makes up the bulk of their schedule.

 

By being members of the KHSAA you become assigned to a District and Region. Therein lies the problem for Calvary, since the 37th District is a seeded district they are required to play Brossart, Scott, and Campbell County on an annual basis, knowing full well that these will be lopsided loses. This year they opted, along with Silver Grove to simply take the 4 and 5 seeds without having to play the three-headed monster with whom they share the district. They did however, play Brossart, and should be much more competitive with the re-building Mustangs next year..

 

While not competitive in the 37th District, let us not forget that they won the 10th Region All "A" Classic in 2009 - so the potential is there. They are not a land-locked school like Silver Grove, and they seem to value the benefits of a good athletic program.

 

A couple observations about Calvary. First, I was overly impressed with their band and student section that cheered every minor accomplishment, and stood throughout the course of their games. They were by far the most spirited student section in the 37th District Tournament.

 

I'm rooting hard for their new head coach Ryan Neises to change the culture there, and put his team in a better position to compete. I was very outspoken about the previous staff who I thought did the Calvary kids a tremendous dis-service during its tenure there. They simply didn't have to be as bad as they were. Neises has some kids who can play and I feel are capable of competing at the NKAC Division III level, which is where they need to focus their attentions.

 

Their record against D-III competition this year (inside and outside of conference play) was 8-7, with 7 of those 8 wins coming over Heritage, SGrove, and CovLatin. They also won the KCAC conference. They've now cleared that hurdle. Two times this season they were competitive with Bellevue and Dayton, which I feel should be their next baby step forward.

They have a whiz kid 8th Grade guard in Mason Rusch who entertained the 37th District fans and earned the respect of the crowd vs both Silver Grove and then again against Campbell County. He is fearless. IF they can keep this kid in Red and Gold, they've really got something to build on. Akeem Riley is back, and has the potential to contribute consistently in a team setting.

 

Neises took over this program late in the summer. He will now have a full off-season to instill some much needed fundamentals, and learn how to win at the D-III level. That is a very attainable goal for them. I'm happy to see them striving to compete outside of the KCAC and Christian school box.

 

Well Mustang, you have summed up everything I have said about Calvary during this past season. There's a lot of potential for them as a school.

 

 

However, if we are looking at realignment, it is important to note the population trends in Kentucky. There is consolidation that has occurred in the Western and Eastern parts of the state. These are places where there are 3 team districts. While I love the idea of the 38th coming back to reality, I do not see it happening.

Calvary Christian has no viable option but to be members of the KHSAA.

In order to play other member schools you must be a member yourself.

During their just-completed season they played 21 games with teams from the 9th and 10th region, which makes up the bulk of their schedule.

 

By being members of the KHSAA you become assigned to a District and Region. Therein lies the problem for Calvary, since the 37th District is a seeded district they are required to play Brossart, Scott, and Campbell County on an annual basis, knowing full well that these will be lopsided loses. This year they opted, along with Silver Grove to simply take the 4 and 5 seeds without having to play the three-headed monster with whom they share the district. They did however, play Brossart, and should be much more competitive with the re-building Mustangs next year.

 

I agree with much of your statement, but the bolded is why I thought they might opt out of playing post season as they can not compete with the teams mentioned. Highlands, on the other hand, would be a great fit and allow the 36th District in the 9th Region to become a 4-teamer again.

 

I totally understand why Calvary would like to play the smaller KHSAA schools, Cov. Latin, Heritage, etc. It makes sense. But it would seem like putting them into the 9th Region in a district with Silver Grove might be an option and place Simon Kenton back to the 9th Region. If Calvary and Silver Grove decide against playing in the district tournaments (which anyone could understand because of the margins involved), you are not increasing the tournament size. Simon Kenton should be in the same region as Dixie. They are down here in the 8th, and the travel for them and us is not idea, especially in the winter. Just an opinion.

Calvary Christian has no viable option but to be members of the KHSAA.

In order to play other member schools you must be a member yourself.

During their just-completed season they played 21 games with teams from the 9th and 10th region, which makes up the bulk of their schedule.

 

By being members of the KHSAA you become assigned to a District and Region. Therein lies the problem for Calvary, since the 37th District is a seeded district they are required to play Brossart, Scott, and Campbell County on an annual basis, knowing full well that these will be lopsided loses. This year they opted, along with Silver Grove to simply take the 4 and 5 seeds without having to play the three-headed monster with whom they share the district. They did however, play Brossart, and should be much more competitive with the re-building Mustangs next year..

 

While not competitive in the 37th District, let us not forget that they won the 10th Region All "A" Classic in 2009 - so the potential is there. They are not a land-locked school like Silver Grove, and they seem to value the benefits of a good athletic program.

 

A couple observations about Calvary. First, I was overly impressed with their band and student section that cheered every minor accomplishment, and stood throughout the course of their games. They were by far the most spirited student section in the 37th District Tournament.

 

I'm rooting hard for their new head coach Ryan Neises to change the culture there, and put his team in a better position to compete. I was very outspoken about the previous staff who I thought did the Calvary kids a tremendous dis-service during its tenure there. They simply didn't have to be as bad as they were. Neises has some kids who can play and I feel are capable of competing at the NKAC Division III level, which is where they need to focus their attentions.

 

Their record against D-III competition this year (inside and outside of conference play) was 8-7, with 7 of those 8 wins coming over Heritage, SGrove, and CovLatin. They also won the KCAC conference. They've now cleared that hurdle. Two times this season they were competitive with Bellevue and Dayton, which I feel should be their next baby step forward.

 

They have a whiz kid 8th Grade guard in Mason Rusch who entertained the 37th District fans and earned the respect of the crowd vs both Silver Grove and then again against Campbell County. He is fearless. IF they can keep this kid in Red and Gold, they've really got something to build on. Akeem Riley is back, and has the potential to contribute consistently in a team setting.

 

Neises took over this program late in the summer. He will now have a full off-season to instill some much needed fundamentals, and learn how to win at the D-III level. They need to win games by doing the right things and not simply relying on their athlete pool. That is a very attainable goal for them. I congratulate them on their successes this year and am happy to see them striving to compete outside of the KCAC and Christian school box.

 

The KCSAA is always an option for schools like Calvary, Heritage, and even Cov Latin. They don't need to stay in the KHSAA. In fact, wouldn't the KCSAA be exactly the right fit for these schools?

The KCSAA is always an option for schools like Calvary, Heritage, and even Cov Latin. They don't need to stay in the KHSAA. In fact, wouldn't the KCSAA be exactly the right fit for these schools?

 

I was thinking the same thing for their post season. Then there is no concerns about playing the bigger schools like Campbell County, Scott and so on.

The KCSAA is always an option for schools like Calvary, Heritage, and even Cov Latin. They don't need to stay in the KHSAA. In fact, wouldn't the KCSAA be exactly the right fit for these schools?

 

I wish the KCSAA had a win loss record just so I can see how these teams fare.

 

There is also the KCAA that teams participate in too.

Does anyone one when the next realignment is, ecspecially around the 10th region.

What changes would you like to see?

 

My perfect region would be:

37th: Brossart, Campbell, Calvary, Silver Grove, Scott

38th: Bracken, Pendleton, Augusta, Robertson

39th: St Pat, Mason, Fleming, Lewis

40th: Nicholas, Harrison, Bourbon, Paris

 

I would LOVE to see the 39th play out like this. Have said for YEARS that Fleming and Lewis should be in the 10th.

 

But chances are probably slim to none.

I would like to see Walton, SK, Scott and Dixie all together.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.