Next District Realignment?

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd rather see Montco to the 16th and GRC to the 11th, maybe even the 14th since they're close to Estill/Powell....great regional location too?? Not sure where the 14th is held but Hazard would be a hike for them....Jenkins etc.....

I can see GRC, Paris, and Bourbon heading to the 11th while the 10th acquires Highlands, NCC, Newport, Bellevue and Dayton. Assuming MontCo takes it to the 16th.

So your sending out 3(or 4) and adding 5.....and you forgot that the only really, truly way MoCo gets to the 16th is for Fleming Co to move BACK to the 10 which now makes it 6 for 4. Never happening.

HDE,

I like the idea of sliding the Harlan County schools into the 14th. I think that would be a good fit for them. Not all much distance from the teams in the southern part of the 14th, such as Letcher Central and Jenkins, Leslie County, and the Perry schools.

Edited by The Professor

Solid but missing Piarast.

Yes I was, that was on purpose. Piarist is in the 59th this year and was in the 58th for a couple years. Now, the school is actually based in Johnson County. So, I didn't know where they would fit in. It could be in either the 57th or 58th, but no need at all to be in either of the Pike Co. districts. The main reason I left Piaist out was that I don't expect them to be a KHSAA school in the future. I think they eventually end up in the KCAC.