Cam Newton show his.....

Wasn't his best but I can only imagine how frustrated he had to be with the game. I'm glad he didn't take the Peyton Manning route from years ago where he threw his entire offensive line under the proverbial bus in his post-game presser. Cam could have done that with his receivers.

My guess is this changes no one's opinion. If you didn't like him before you still don't. If you did like him before you still do. He is a lightning rod.

And Romanowski is a loser.

Wait, I thought "The Sheriff" was Mr. Class and didn't engage in that type of stuff. That totally kills the established narrative (that also conveniently ignores Peyton's crybaby days).

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brady's endorsements seem to be dwarfed by Manning's, at least television. Seems like it should be the other way around. Lynch doesn't get near what his performance would seem to warrant.

It makes a difference.

Manning's endorsments are $12 million.

Brady's endorsments are $6 million.

No. It sounded to me like he was saying that he is the best QB that has ever stepped on a football field.

I get that. I think he was saying there isn't a QB from the past to compare him to. Brady gets the Montana comparisons and Manning always got the Marino comparisons. Who can Cam be compared to? I'm not saying he isn't saying he is the greatest. That was just my interpretation of his comments. I think he was right.

I do think that even guys like Brock Osweiler and Andy Dalton think they are the best QBs to ever step on a football field. I think that kind of mentality is essential to success at that level.

I get that. I think he was saying there isn't a QB from the past to compare him to. Brady gets the Montana comparisons and Manning always got the Marino comparisons. Who can Cam be compared to? I'm not saying he isn't saying he is the greatest. That was just my interpretation of his comments. I think he was right.

I do think that even guys like Brock Osweiler and Andy Dalton think they are the best QBs to ever step on a football field. I think that kind of mentality is essential to success at that level.

I say that he is a mix of Randall Cunningham and Big Ben.

Maybe, just maybe, he realizes how stinkin' hard it is to get to the big dance. Ask that Marino cat.

And for the record, he took some of the blame also admitting he missed a lot of throws.

Don't agree on Marino. I know that you aren't comparing apples to apples and just making a point to show that it is tough to get to the Super Bowl, but I've seen other people say similar things. I don't see it. Carolina is fundamentally built in a MUCH sounder manner than Marino's one dimensional Dolphins. A better comparison for Marino's Dolphins is the postCarolina is fundamentally built in a MUCH sounder manner than Marino's one dimensional Dolphins. A better comparison for Marino's Dolphins is the post-Bruschi, Willie McGinist Patriots who play the whole game from the shotgun and run it only to give Brady's shoulder and elbow a break.

Not sure how the pro-level interviews are supposed to go or usually go, but without seeing the interviews before or after this one it seemed like Newton was left alone by the Panther organization to take the media beating.

He looked about as comfortable as a bleeding fish in a piranha tank.

Where was Rivera? Where was OC Mike Shula? As with all football loses the lose is not just one person, no matter how much a cocky young star they are. Why didn't Shula or Rivera counter the Denver strategy better, what adjustments were made at half, etc. etc. The Panthers, as an entire team, including the coaching staff, did not seem to be ready at the start of the game and their lack of teamwork seemed to go into the post game.

Without some others to help with the random questions come from room full of reporters I am not sure Newtown should have gone out alone to face them if he had a choice.

Don't agree on Marino. I know that you aren't comparing apples to apples and just making a point to show that it is tough to get to the Super Bowl, but I've seen other people say similar things. I don't see it. Carolina is fundamentally built in a MUCH sounder manner than Marino's one dimensional Dolphins. A better comparison for Marino's Dolphins is the postCarolina is fundamentally built in a MUCH sounder manner than Marino's one dimensional Dolphins. A better comparison for Marino's Dolphins is the post-Bruschi, Willie McGinist Patriots who play the whole game from the shotgun and run it only to give Brady's shoulder and elbow a break.

Perhaps. but in a 16 season grind, I'll take the field and the odds would be in my favor.

I guess I found the answer to my questions here:

Panthers' Cam Newton mum in postgame interview - NFL.com

"The league's Most Valuable Player settled into his uncomfortable interview chair, arms at his side with the hood of his sweatshirt swooped over his head. At the same time, offensive coordinator Mike Shula and quarterbacks coach Ken Dorsey were trying to get his attention a few yards to Newton's left.

Having a coordinator and position coach watch a player at his post-game press conference is a fairly unusual occurrence, especially in the chaotic, wide-open warehouse setting of a Super Bowl interview session.

All season long, we've heard about how close the quarterback room was. We've heard how revolutionary Shula was, and how Dorsey was a rising star in the business. And maybe that's why they knew Newton would be at rock bottom. They knew him that well."

I can't get it to play here at work , but there's a video on NFL.com that says Chris Harris was having an interview at the same time boasting about the game within earshot I assume. Might have played a role in the attitude.

I can't get it to play here at work , but there's a video on NFL.com that says Chris Harris was having an interview at the same time boasting about the game within earshot I assume. Might have played a role in the attitude.

Kuechly was getting interviewed at another podium as well. Kind of strange how it was set up.

Kuechly was getting interviewed at another podium as well. Kind of strange how it was set up.

Agreed. Looked like they had sheets set up. Sort of like the scene where the girls are drugged and prostituted in the movie TAKEN.

Heck, maybe they were hoping that afterward they could all go and put some couch cushions together and build a fort