Cam Newton show his.....

At 18 we can vote and fight in the war.

At 21 we can drink

At what age is a man responsible for his actions? I get the emotions and I played with a lot of emotion, but I got over it when the game was over. And no one paid me 100MM to act like a professional.

He's responsible for his actions, I'm just not bothered by them and am willing to give him a pass. 26 is young to me and I am willing to be forgiving. That seems to bother you?

He's not paid 100MM to act like a professional. Have never seen that one even tried to be enforced although it might be nice if it could be.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not telling others what to do but yes, I'm giving him a pass because he's only 26.

When did earnings have anything to do with responsibility and maturity? Huge list of athletes, entertainers, corporate leaders and politicians who blow that theory out of the water.

I am NOT buying the age 26 factor at all. We are talking about a guy who is extremely experienced at the podium doing interviews and in front of cameras. He does that almost as much as he plays football. I am sure he has been coached by agents and coaches and the PR people on how he needs to handle himself. He blew it.

I am NOT buying the age 26 factor at all. We are talking about a guy who is extremely experienced at the podium doing interviews and in front of cameras. He does that almost as much as he plays football. I am sure he has been coached by agents and coaches and the PR people on how he needs to handle himself. He blew it.

Didn't ask you to.

He could have handled the post game better, but its not that big of a deal. I also actually liked his comments today about the press conference.

However the only thing I didn't like, which I think is a big deal is his comments on why he didn't try to get the fumble because he was afraid of injury? Your team is in the Super Bowl only down six, knowing if the Broncos recover the game is over and you say you didn't want to risk injury and basically conceded the game to the Broncos right there?

That's bad imo. I think Cam was already not knowing how to handle not playing well and as soon as that Fumble happened he just gave up. I can't help but think if the Panthers were winning by only one possession at that time and were pinned by his own end zone that he would have done whatever he could to get that Fumble to try to preserve the win. However he basically already had a defeated mindset at that time and just gave up as soon as he fumbled even though it was a one possession game. I think that is a bigger problem than his post game interview. I think that shows even more that he doesn't know how to handle things when things go bad. He needs to handle that better because even though most of the game was bad, they still had a shot if they recover that Fumble. Can't just give up like that.

Agree. I believe Russell Wilson was 26 when he lost last year, he was light years ahead of Cam in the maturity department. I'm not a Cam hater, I like the guy. I think he may possibly end up one of if not the best pro QB. I agree with others that if you're going to be the guy that celebrates as much as he does while winning, you have to man up when you lose. You don't have to like losing, but be a man about it.

The fumble was bad

Then the excuse was even worst imo. I would be willing to bet if they were winning by only one possession and trying to hold on to the lead, that he would have done anything he could to get that ball back. He has rarely failed in his life in football though and at the end of the game imo didn't know how to handle things not going well for him and kind of just gave up as soon as the fumble happened. Which I don't think he does it they were winning trying to hold on to the lead.

Then the excuse was even worst imo. I would be willing to bet if they were winning by only one possession and trying to hold on to the lead, that he would have done anything he could to get that ball back. He has rarely failed in his life in football though and at the end of the game imo didn't know how to handle things not going well for him and kind of just gave up as soon as the fumble happened. Which I don't think he does it they were winning trying to hold on to the lead.

I guess I should have said his attempt to cover the fumble was bad.