Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Cam Newton show his.....

Featured Replies

99% of those dudes are cocky. You don't mind as long as you don't hear it? Is that correct?

That is exactly what I told my wife when she started to complain about it. They all feel it and think it....he just said it out loud!

  • Replies 104
  • Views 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I still don't get why this is such a big deal. When I saw the hubbub on Twitter I thought he must've cussed out a reporter or said something ridiculous about the Broncos. Turns out an emotional guy who just lost the super bowl wasn't happy and didn't feed us enough cliches in response to questions we all knew the answer to.

 

It's not a big deal. But when you dance all season while you are winning you should expect some back lash when you act like a baby after you lose.

When I saw this, I felt a little differently about his press conference. Listen to the audio of the Broncos player having his post game presser within ear shot of Cam.

 

 

https://youtu.be/-H7t46cBCzc

He did face it didn't he? He came out and answered questions.

 

He barely answered any then walked off.

 

I don't care what he does, but I can see why it's a story

I almost feel like it was better for him to walk out than to say something dumb in the heat of the moment.

I'm not a fan of his antics, just not a style I like. However this is not a big deal as he is young, only 26. He will learn how to deal with these disappointments. I've seen much older adults deal with high school losses in a much more immature manner. And they didn't have the pressure of the media to deal with.

He barely answered any then walked off.

 

I don't care what he does, but I can see why it's a story

 

I guess that's where we disagree. I can see his body language being worth mentioning but the fact is he came out, answered some questions, got out of dodge. How long should he sit and spit out useless answers to useless questions? We all want our athletes to care about their performance and be emotional except when we don't them to be. We expect them to pour their hear and soul into a game like this then just turn it off. I just wonder how anyone of us would fair in front of a mic 30 mins after having the worst day of our career at our job?

 

This is all I've heard about since the game ended. Mention it yes...but do so and move on. I just can't get why it's such a huge deal. Not you specifically but in general.

I almost feel like it was better for him to walk out than to say something dumb in the heat of the moment.

And really what the heck are we expecting to get from him? I hate these interviews, they are a waste of time.

And really what the heck are we expecting to get from him? I hate these interviews, they are a waste of time.

 

This is Ground Control to Major Tom

You've really made the grade

And the papers want to know whose shirts you wear

That's a lot of chicken parm.

 

Throw in $2 mil for the AFC title game win and another $2 mil for the SB win. That makes a total of $19 mil for the year not counting endorsement money. :eek:

I can't get it to play here at work , but there's a video on NFL.com that says Chris Harris was having an interview at the same time boasting about the game within earshot I assume. Might have played a role in the attitude.

 

It would have with me for sure.

It would have with me for sure.

 

I have a link to the video in post #63

 

I guess that's where we disagree. I can see his body language being worth mentioning but the fact is he came out, answered some questions, got out of dodge. How long should he sit and spit out useless answers to useless questions? We all want our athletes to care about their performance and be emotional except when we don't them to be. We expect them to pour their hear and soul into a game like this then just turn it off. I just wonder how anyone of us would fair in front of a mic 30 mins after having the worst day of our career at our job?

 

This is all I've heard about since the game ended. Mention it yes...but do so and move on. I just can't get why it's such a huge deal. Not you specifically but in general.

 

If he can answer them when he wins, why can't he when he loses?

 

He's probably paid to answer those questions, right?

 

And no one said he couldn't be emotional, just don't act like a baby.

The excuse that he could hear Chris Harris is pretty weak.

 

Would he have cared if anyone heard him talking after a win? Did he care when his dancing made people mad after a score?

 

I'd rather the excuse be that he was just too upset from the loss. I understand and accept that more than the Harris excuse.

I say that he is a mix of Randall Cunningham and Big Ben.

 

And Steve Young.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.