Cam Newton show his.....

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still don't get why this is such a big deal. When I saw the hubbub on Twitter I thought he must've cussed out a reporter or said something ridiculous about the Broncos. Turns out an emotional guy who just lost the super bowl wasn't happy and didn't feed us enough cliches in response to questions we all knew the answer to.

It's not a big deal. But when you dance all season while you are winning you should expect some back lash when you act like a baby after you lose.

I'm not a fan of his antics, just not a style I like. However this is not a big deal as he is young, only 26. He will learn how to deal with these disappointments. I've seen much older adults deal with high school losses in a much more immature manner. And they didn't have the pressure of the media to deal with.

He barely answered any then walked off.

I don't care what he does, but I can see why it's a story

I guess that's where we disagree. I can see his body language being worth mentioning but the fact is he came out, answered some questions, got out of dodge. How long should he sit and spit out useless answers to useless questions? We all want our athletes to care about their performance and be emotional except when we don't them to be. We expect them to pour their hear and soul into a game like this then just turn it off. I just wonder how anyone of us would fair in front of a mic 30 mins after having the worst day of our career at our job?

This is all I've heard about since the game ended. Mention it yes...but do so and move on. I just can't get why it's such a huge deal. Not you specifically but in general.

And really what the heck are we expecting to get from him? I hate these interviews, they are a waste of time.

This is Ground Control to Major Tom

You've really made the grade

And the papers want to know whose shirts you wear

I guess that's where we disagree. I can see his body language being worth mentioning but the fact is he came out, answered some questions, got out of dodge. How long should he sit and spit out useless answers to useless questions? We all want our athletes to care about their performance and be emotional except when we don't them to be. We expect them to pour their hear and soul into a game like this then just turn it off. I just wonder how anyone of us would fair in front of a mic 30 mins after having the worst day of our career at our job?

This is all I've heard about since the game ended. Mention it yes...but do so and move on. I just can't get why it's such a huge deal. Not you specifically but in general.

If he can answer them when he wins, why can't he when he loses?

He's probably paid to answer those questions, right?

And no one said he couldn't be emotional, just don't act like a baby.

The excuse that he could hear Chris Harris is pretty weak.

Would he have cared if anyone heard him talking after a win? Did he care when his dancing made people mad after a score?

I'd rather the excuse be that he was just too upset from the loss. I understand and accept that more than the Harris excuse.