Holy Cross 73 Covington Catholic 68

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have made my point, no need to sit here and argue with you. What we saw we believed to be unprofessional. That is only reason it was brought up.

So you've stated that you think it's a problem. What is your solution? Where should he have been tonight?

The officials are always over there. Before the Holmes game the other night, they were sitting behind Holy Cross bench, always have. None of the officials tonight are grads from Holy Cross. Wish I could have made it,agree with Clyde and Lawnboy, this is true high school basketball, a packed gym and loud. Thanks for all the updates Lawnboy.

I sit there because I like to watch the freshman coach.😉

So you've stated that you think it's a problem. What is your solution? Where should he have been tonight?

Don't show up at 430, show up during the JV game, 2 hours later. Why does a varsity ref need to be there at 430? You have Freshmen game, then you have a 30 minute break, then the JV game starts. That is a lot of time to stand around and say hello to all of his friends you say he has. Unnecessary, if your professional, go watch basketball on the nights your not working a varsity game.

Don't show up at 430, show up during the JV game, 2 hours later. Why does a varsity ref need to be there at 430? You have Freshmen game, then you have a 30 minute break, then the JV game starts. That is a lot of time to stand around and say hello to all of his friends you say he has. Unnecessary, if your professional, go watch basketball on the nights your not working a varsity game.

Again, where could he be in the gym during the JV game that would satisfy you?

So because he is a referee he isn't allowed to watch a freshman game? And if he does want to watch he then he will need to sit in an approved area?

I'm so confused. Where do scoreboard operators need to sit in this situation? Asking for a friend.