Track the Reds (Second Half)

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is it about DeNorfia that makes people comfortable with inserting him into the everyday lineup?

You can check out his stats for yourself and see he has done very well. He was Reds '05 minor league player of the year. He has done well in his limited stints with the big club. Narron was quoted as saying " I enjoy his style of play" ala Freel. He doesn't seem overwhelmed by big league pitching (see Brandon Larson) and IMO would do a fine job in the event that Kearns is dealt for someone the caliber of Jake Westbrook.

You can check out his stats for yourself and see he has done very well. He was Reds '05 minor league player of the year. He has done well in his limited stints with the big club. Narron was quoted as saying " I enjoy his style of play" ala Freel. He doesn't seem overwhelmed by big league pitching (see Brandon Larson) and IMO would do a fine job in the event that Kearns is dealt for someone the caliber of Jake Westbrook.

He has 46 MLB at-bats and you say he doesn't appear to be overwhelmed? 46 ABs and you're ready to make him an everyday player?

He has 46 MLB at-bats and you say he doesn't appear to be overwhelmed? 46 ABs and you're ready to make him an everyday player?

My point was that it seems Denorfia is not overwhelmed by big league pitching whereas Larson obviously was. With your logic, no one would make it to the show.

My point was that it seems Denorfia is not overwhelmed by big league pitching whereas Larson obviously was. With your logic, no one would make it to the show.

For the record, there's a HUGE difference in 45 at bats and "making it" in the show...

Most get eased in, unlike Larson who was thrown in and failed miserably. I call him an "aluminum bat casualty".

I'm waiting to see if something happens in the next 36 or so hours...

I think that the Reds will not make any major moves until this current 10 game homestand is over.

The Cards are going to turn it around. The only reason we are still in the race is because St. Louis cooled off last month.

The Brewers or Astros (or both) are going to heat up in the second half. Both teams have battled injuries, which has helped the Reds cause in the standings.

If the Reds fall flat on their faces in this upcoming homestand then we'll hear the, "building for next year" speech.

For the record, there's a HUGE difference in 45 at bats and "making it" in the show...

Most get eased in, unlike Larson who was thrown in and failed miserably. I call him an "aluminum bat casualty".

And for every Larson there is a success story. If Krivsky uses that same logic, not one deal will be made. Face it, one of the outfielders is the most likely candidate to be shipped out. Someone has to play! Who's to say that Denorfia couldn't be eased in with Freel in the outfield platoon? Or maybe we should just ride the current wave with who we have and not pull the trigger on the deal because we're worried we won't be able to fill whomever's shoes are traded. It's my opinion that we should do what we could to help us in the 2nd half. If Denorfia isn't "qualified" enough to step in then we have no one who is!!!!

Who's to say that Denorfia couldn't be eased in with Freel in the outfield platoon?

The above indicates that you want him to platoon with Freel and the below indicates that you want him to replace Kearns in an everyday roll. Which is it? There's a huge difference.

IMO would do a fine job in the event that Kearns is dealt

The above indicates that you want him to platoon with Freel and the below indicates that you want him to replace Kearns in an everyday roll. Which is it? There's a huge difference.

I'm sick of trying to make a point,,,whatever.:rolleyes:

I want Larson back, how's that?!

What about Denorfia's stints lead you (plural, not necessarily Spindoc) to believe he'll ever be more than a:

.260 / 10 / 60 / 60 type of guy? I think those numbers are best case scenario. Listen, if trading Kearns gets us a pitcher I'm fine with giving Denorfia a shot, however, I have no delusions that Chris is a superstar in the making.

To answer your question Spindoc, I think the Reds are completely without a big-time "bat" prospect with the possible exception of Votto. I say that with Encarnacion in the bigs and not a "prospect" at this point.

I would have rather banked on Cody Ross (as I've said numerous times) than Denorfia.

What about Denorfia's stints lead you (plural, not necessarily Spindoc) to believe he'll ever be more than a:

.260 / 10 / 60 / 60 type of guy? I think those numbers are best case scenario. Listen, if trading Kearns gets us a pitcher I'm fine with giving Denorfia a shot, however, I have no delusions that Chris is a superstar in the making.

To answer your question Spindoc, I think the Reds are completely without a big-time "bat" prospect with the possible exception of Votto. I say that with Encarnacion in the bigs and not a "prospect" at this point.

I would have rather banked on Cody Ross (as I've said numerous times) than Denorfia.

I never said that either, but some make it sound like we are gonna have to play with 8!:creepy:

I'd bet the farm he'd hit over 260. There is nothing in his stats that should make you think he'll hit that low. I'd say at best he could be a 290 hitter with 15-20 HRs and 80 and 80. And he might steal you 15 bases. Saying that 260,10, 60, 60 is best case scenario when it supports your arguement, but realistically it isn't.