Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Track the Reds (Second Half)

Featured Replies

Houston just got Aubrey Huff from the Devil Rays...

  • Replies 5.3k
  • Views 224.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Houston just got Aubrey Huff from the Devil Rays...

 

 

 

Who did they give up? That definitely helps the Astro's offense.

This is where the season is officially over for the REDS right?

I'd bet the farm he'd hit over 260. There is nothing in his stats that should make you think he'll hit that low. I'd say at best he could be a 290 hitter with 15-20 HRs and 80 and 80. And he might steal you 15 bases.

 

This year, in "AAA", he has hit 4 homers in 262 at-bats. I'm pretty sure that doesn't translate into 15-20 at the major league level. Let's not forget this guy is 25 (matter of fact, he'll turn 26 on Saturday 7/15); that is 1 year younger than Dunn. Is he still considered a "great" prospect at that age? I'm just asking.

 

I don't think my "prediction" of .260 is unrealistic. Could I be wrong, sure. I'm not sure I'd bet your mythical farm on it. Quick review of his background --

 

2003 "A" .236

2004 "AA" .249

2005 "AAA" .310

2006 "AAA" .347

 

He is certainly getting better, but again, he is already (Saturday) 26 years old. We're not talking about a young kid anymore. Now that I look at his numbers, I don't even think we're talking about a 10 home run guy.

 

Can you really afford to have a corner outfielder who won't hit you 10 home runs?

If the rumor that DeNorfia is being requested in trade offers is true, MOVE HIM NOW...

If the rumor that DeNorfia is being requested in trade offers is true, MOVE HIM NOW...

 

:thumb:

To quote the fellas from the White Sox broadcasting team..."HE GONE!"

If the rumor that DeNorfia is being requested in trade offers is true, MOVE HIM NOW...

:thumb: :thumb: I agree 100%

I also read that the Brew Crew is sniffing at Greg Maddux, and that he has a "no trade clause" in his contract, but his agent said that he doesnt think he would refuse the trade.

I also read that the Brew Crew is sniffing at Greg Maddux, and that he has a "no trade clause" in his contract, but his agent said that he doesnt think he would refuse the trade.

His older brother is the pitching coach in Milwaukee...

His older brother is the pitching coach in Milwaukee...

I forgot about that. :thumb:

Didn't we just bring up a young OF from the minors right before the All-Star break who the organzation is high on?

DeWayne Wise. He's thought of more as a late inning sub for D and Speed. His bat is nowhere near ready for an every day role...

We had fun but now the all-star game has come and gone, we reds fans should be asking only one questions. How long until football season?----WHO DEY

We had fun but now the all-star game has come and gone, we reds fans should be asking only one questions. How long until football season?----WHO DEY

I say about 7 or 8 Dey's will.:sssh:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.