Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Track the Reds (Second Half)

Featured Replies

This year, in "AAA", he has hit 4 homers in 262 at-bats. I'm pretty sure that doesn't translate into 15-20 at the major league level. Let's not forget this guy is 25 (matter of fact, he'll turn 26 on Saturday 7/15); that is 1 year younger than Dunn. Is he still considered a "great" prospect at that age? I'm just asking.

 

I don't think my "prediction" of .260 is unrealistic. Could I be wrong, sure. I'm not sure I'd bet your mythical farm on it. Quick review of his background --

 

2003 "A" .236

2004 "AA" .249

2005 "AAA" .310

2006 "AAA" .347

 

He is certainly getting better, but again, he is already (Saturday) 26 years old. We're not talking about a young kid anymore. Now that I look at his numbers, I don't even think we're talking about a 10 home run guy.

 

Can you really afford to have a corner outfielder who won't hit you 10 home runs?

 

 

The first post said "best case scenario." He hit 21 hrs last year and 17 the year before. I think 15 hrs over a season is way more rrealistic then him batting 260. He isn't a spring chicken though and I'm not really high on Denorfia, but I thought the "best case scenario" numbers were low to the point of absurdity.

  • Replies 5.3k
  • Views 224.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The first post said "best case scenario." He hit 21 hrs last year and 17 the year before. I think 15 hrs over a season is way more rrealistic then him batting 260. He isn't a spring chicken though and I'm not really high on Denorfia, but I thought the "best case scenario" numbers were low to the point of absurdity.

Absurdity? Classic.

 

He has 4 home runs in this, his first year exclusively at "AAA." If you want to put stock in those dingers at "AA," then have at it. Dude, if you think he can hit .280 with 15 - 20 bombs right now at the major league level, you SHOULD be high on him (given his contract / salary). If I thought those numbers were realistic, I'd be sky-high on him. However, as with anything else, you are entitled to your opinion and I to mine. Just keep an eye on these "predictions" like you did the OJ to Kansas St. ones I made earlier. ;):D

 

:walk:

Between Denorfia and Bailey talks, I'm starting to think people truly don't know how large of a gap there is in talent level between AAA and the Majors...

Between Denorfia and Bailey talks, I'm starting to think people truly don't know how large of a gap there is in talent level between AAA and the Majors...

 

It's not that large of a gap in talent for the most part. It's all about being consistant. They were talking about this during the Futures game the other day and they just said that the main difference between major leaguers and AAA players is being consistant.

You know, I guess I started this banter about Denorfia. My point is only this,,,if we can trade Kearns for a quality arm ( no sense arguing who that might be ) then I think Denorfia is able to fill in for him. I never said he was gonna be the best rookie of the 2nd half or that he's gonna hit 15 bombs til season's end or that he is the caliber of offensive player that Kearns currently is. However, I believe that he could capably play at this level. He may platoon with Freel, etc. I think he'll play decent defense, provide a bit more speed with less power. I'm all for packaging him on the other hand if that's necessary to bring in help. Good grief! Surely things aren't as bleak as we've painted them! Quite possibly,,,,we dey!:jump:

It's not that large of a gap in talent for the most part. It's all about being consistant. They were talking about this during the Futures game the other day and they just said that the main difference between major leaguers and AAA players is being consistant.

 

I still call that talent...;)

Anyone else hear about Arroyo asking Garner if he could sit out the All Star game because he was still hung over from the bar on SUNDAY night?

Anyone else hear about Arroyo asking Garner if he could sit out the All Star game because he was still hung over from the bar on SUNDAY night?

He jokingly asked him that on Monday...

He jokingly asked him that on Monday...

 

Just going by what they said on PTI and it didnt sound like they were joking........

Interesting poll right now on ESPN.Com.

 

The Question posed : Which current team not in a playoff spot is most likely to make the playoffs?

 

Brewers 19%

 

D'Backs 12%

 

Giants 16%

 

Reds 40%

 

Rockies 13%

 

What is wrong with this country? :lol: :D

Absurdity? Classic.

 

He has 4 home runs in this, his first year exclusively at "AAA." If you want to put stock in those dingers at "AA," then have at it. Dude, if you think he can hit .280 with 15 - 20 bombs right now at the major league level, you SHOULD be high on him (given his contract / salary). If I thought those numbers were realistic, I'd be sky-high on him. However, as with anything else, you are entitled to your opinion and I to mine. Just keep an eye on these "predictions" like you did the OJ to Kansas St. ones I made earlier. ;):D

 

:walk:

 

 

My comment to your OJ post was because you said he would never go to K State because he it was a small town. I'm not sure of the relevance because he could have gone there, and still could(which he isn't). I also never said Denorfia would hit 15-20 homeruns because he probably won't. I said the best case scenario for Denorfia could be 15-20 hrs. That isn't too many. A lot of major leaguers hit more homeruns in the big leagues then they ever do in the minors. Plus the ball goes farther the faster the pitch goes. Alex Rios never had 15 homers in the minors, yet he has 15 at the all-star break. He happens to be about the same age as Denorfia. I also never said OJ was going to Kansas State, yet I thought like the experts and experts thought he COULD go there and I agreed. I agreed that he COULD, not would, and it happened in March........

Anyone else hear about Arroyo asking Garner if he could sit out the All Star game because he was still hung over from the bar on SUNDAY night?

 

 

I hear Bronson frequents Covington and Mt. Adams all the time.

Interesting numbers from Lance on Consistency in the Lineup

 

Here is the breakdown of the number of hitters Narron has used in each spot in the batting order of his starting line-ups.

Leadoff: 5

2nd: 7

3rd: 5

4th: 5

5th: 6

6th: 9

7th: 9

8th: 11

 

Number of players starting each position during first half:

C3, 1B 4, 2B 4, SS 4, 3B 4, LF 3, CF 4, RF 3

Eric Neel on ESPN.com asked 10 questions for the second half of the baseball season. #2....

 

 

(2) What did Ryan Freel ever do to Jerry Narron?

 

Here's what Ryan Freel does for the Reds: He steals bases, he runs into walls and bloodies his nose, he plays about 23 different positions, he gets on base at a .383 clip and pops a few home runs, and he sets a gritty, gutty tone for the club every time he suits up.

 

Here's what manager Jerry Narron does: Sits him. A lot. In weird fits and starts, and often right after Freel has had a spectacular day. On June 4, Freel hit two home runs, drove in three and made a great diving catch in the outfield. On June 5, he got one pinch-hit at-bat. On June 8, he went 3-for-5, hit a home run and stole a base. On June 9, Narron gave him one plate appearance and then sat him altogether on June 10. Freel played on June 12, but not the next day. He played on June 14, but not on June 16. And on and on it goes.

 

Not since Mommie Dearest went haywire on Christina have we seen such traumatic schizophrenic leadership.

I say, let the Free Ryan Freel campaign begin here. Send your cards and letters to: Wayne Krivsky, General Manager, The National League Cincinnati Ball Club.

 

:lol: :lol:

I hear Bronson frequents Covington and Mt. Adams all the time.

Baseball players drink? I'm shocked...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.