What happens now?

rockmom

Anyone have any thoughts about what happens now? It's been almost 24 hours, and most of what's posted in this thread are concerns.

What do you hope Governor Elect will have achieved in his term? How do you see Kentucky being better in 4 years? What IS Kentucky in 4 years?

I've heard his plan for dismantling Kycnct. I've heard his plan for introducing Charter schools (which I am 100% supportive of and excited about). I've heard a broad outline of the pension crisis, as he has labeled it.

What else? How does the election of a Republican, Mr. Bevin in particulae, improve the lives of the citizens of the state of Kentucky over the next 4 years? I've heard a lot of people say this election was a "win" for the state, and the citizens. Tell me how I will be better off, how my family, my friends, the least of the citizens in the state will swe their lives improve.

If no replies of a sustantive nature appear, I will assume that people like me, my family,y friends and the least of the citizens of Kentucky will only be able to stand by and watch as things stay the same or get worse.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm so fed up with union folks I kind of hope it happens. We'll see who can truly fend for themselves when companies fire folks for farting. Folks will also see that Right to Work ain't bringing more jobs to KY either. So yeah, bring it on. I'm ready.

:lol2:

I saw this yesterday. Is Obama being blamed for those numbers also?

The fact that every Jack Conway commercial I saw or heard mentioned Obama and that every Whitney Westerfield commercial I saw or heard mentioned Obama and his policies, I'd say yes.

People are tying local and state elections to national hot topics. The Republicans know all they have to do is tie a Democratic candidate to Obama and they have a good shot at winning. The numbers back that up.

The KDP is not effective in running away from national politics. If Hillary wins, and I really think she will, they have no choice but to challenge her policies or they will get crushed because Kentuckians loathe her as bad as they do Obama. The KDP has no chance to find a candidate if she wins.

Not even close! The hate for Obama runs much deeper.

She has an uphill battle of winning the state certainly but Obama wouldn't have a chance even if he was running against an ISIS candidate. If Obama was running against an ISIS supporter, many Kentuckian Republicans would sit out the election or cast a protest vote for ISIS. Come on, tell me you wouldn't sit out that election?

Edited by Science Friction

Anyone have any thoughts about what happens now? It's been almost 24 hours, and most of what's posted in this thread are concerns.

What do you hope Governor Elect will have achieved in his term? How do you see Kentucky being better in 4 years? What IS Kentucky in 4 years?

I've heard his plan for dismantling Kycnct. I've heard his plan for introducing Charter schools (which I am 100% supportive of and excited about). I've heard a broad outline of the pension crisis, as he has labeled it.

What else? How does the election of a Republican, Mr. Bevin in particulae, improve the lives of the citizens of the state of Kentucky over the next 4 years? I've heard a lot of people say this election was a "win" for the state, and the citizens. Tell me how I will be better off, how my family, my friends, the least of the citizens in the state will swe their lives improve.

If no replies of a sustantive nature appear, I will assume that people like me, my family,y friends and the least of the citizens of Kentucky will only be able to stand by and watch as things stay the same or get worse.

The first round of "what happens now" will likely be symbolic more than substantive. The GOP Senate, emboldened by a Tea Partier in the governor's office, will go after Planned Parenthood, closed union shops, advocate for more "religious freedom" measures, propose more anti-abortion legislation ... the usual knee-jerk stuff popular in SEC states. Probably fire a couple shots at teachers and public workers as well.

Not even close! The hate for Obama runs much deeper.

She has an uphill battle of winning the state certainly but Obama wouldn't have a chance even if he was running against an ISIS candidate. If Obama was running against an ISIS supporter, many Kentuckian Republicans would sit out the election or cast a protest vote for ISIS. Come on, tell me you wouldn't sit out that election?

You are underestimating their distaste for HRC. She has NO chance to carry Kentucky.

It will take a year before anything happens in KY of significance. They next general assembly elections are key, but I think the path of how those will go down was started in the Governor election. However Bevin will began to put his wheels in motion. It will be interesting.