What happens now?

rockmom

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The most accomplished' date=' polished Democrat in Kentucky not named Crit Luallen lost tonight. I'll read results for 48 hours and not figure out how Edelen lost that race.[/quote']

Why exactly were those two not more at the forefront. Luallen in particular, why didn't the state party want her to be more involved or run her for governor? I think she would have been a better candidate than anyone running.

Why exactly were those two not more at the forefront. Luallen in particular, why didn't the state party want her to be more involved or run her for governor? I think she would have been a better candidate than anyone running.

Luallen had health issues some years back and is planning to retire I believe. I've said it for years: only Democrat I'd go door to door for. It's a shame her career was cut short.

Few if any.

It's certainly possible. We'll have to see. I get that the national Democratic Party has shifted too far to the left for a lot of people in this state, but if Bevin keeps his word and goes for school choice and right to work and they switch.. then what were they Democrats for in the first place? Protecting labor unions from union busters is pretty fundamental.

Next year's elections become MASSIVE. If both houses of the legislature are Republican as well, right to work will come to Kentucky.

I'm so fed up with union folks I kind of hope it happens. We'll see who can truly fend for themselves when companies fire folks for farting. Folks will also see that Right to Work ain't bringing more jobs to KY either. So yeah, bring it on. I'm ready.

The most accomplished, polished Democrat in Kentucky not named Crit Luallen lost tonight. I'll read results for 48 hours and not figure out how Edelen lost that race.

I was more shocked by that result than any that I saw. Someone on KET panel said he way out spent his opponent (I hadn't seen an ad from his opponent) and he ran negative ads at the end. I didn't see those either.

My wife deals with the auditors office almost year round and supported Edelen stronger than she did Critt. Really liked the direction of the office under his direction.

It's certainly possible. We'll have to see. I get that the national Democratic Party has shifted too far to the left for a lot of people in this state, but if Bevin keeps his word and goes for school choice and right to work and they switch.. then what were they Democrats for in the first place? Protecting labor unions from union busters is pretty fundamental.

You call it choice. I call it freedom. If the union is working people will opt in. I have two brothers who are steel union workers. Republican voters , they think they should have the choice. At the same time they both lean to sticking with the union.

You call it choice. I call it freedom. If the union is working people will opt in. I have two brothers who are steel union workers. Republican voters , they think they should have the choice. At the same time they both lean to sticking with the union.

I no longer have a problem with that. People should have a choice.

I no longer have a problem with that. People should have a choice.

I personally have never had a problem with unions in general. I just like the idea of choice. I think it requires union leaders to work harder to make people loyal and want to join. I could point to a couple unions , where local union leaders got lazy in their position and cared more about their own well being than the union members they work for. Which cause a lot of friction. Obviously this doesn't mean all locals are that way , but I think the choice drives competition.

I meant to say busting not choice.