Bryan Station 36 Cooper 0

uk#1fan

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just do t understand why it bothers so many people so much. Highlands moved up to a bigger class also you can say they deserved to which makes zero sense. If anything HHS should be glad Cooper moved up. That way HHS may be able to win their district this year.

Highlands would move up to 10A if that's where Cov Cath played.

I just do t understand why it bothers so many people so much. Highlands moved up to a bigger class also you can say they deserved to which makes zero sense. If anything HHS should be glad Cooper moved up. That way HHS may be able to win their district this year.

Highlands doesn't play football to win district titles.

I could care less where Cooper plays. My point is a comparison of reasons to HHS is silly.

I could care less where Cooper plays. My point is a comparison of reasons to HHS is silly.

No it's not. Listen, Cooper moved up and started the season 2-0

and everyone OUTSIDE of the Cooper family were praising them and claiming they were one of best teams in NKY and among the best in the state.

They lost last night and all

of a sudden it is "they can't at with the 6A boys". And all because they got beat bad in 1 game

against station? That would be like saying HHS shouldn't have moved up because they can't compete in the bigger class because they lost big in two of their 3 games

already.

Don't you get it? That is all I'm saying. When people made the comments saying how stupid it was for cooper to move up because they lost a game. Then to show how ignorant of a thought process that was is why I said it is the exact same for HHS. If you can't see that then that is pretty stupid, as stupid as saying any team is stupid for moving up period.

Yoy may not want to admit they are simalar and stupid arguments, then I can't make it any clearer.

Let it me try this. If anytime a team loses we will hear "They aren't good enough to play at That class" then I will always think of that person as a Moron simy because every team will sooner or later lose a game in their class.

When HHS gets knocked out in the playoffs this year, does that mean they shouldn't have moved up?

The answer is no. It's the same answer for anyone who says the same about Cooper or Conner or Cov Cath or any team period.

Cooper will have 6A enrollment numbers in a couple years so them moving up now was no big deal.

Now with people aaying a ting them moving up is just "stupid" because they can't compete in 6A simply because of a loss then the same can be said about Highlands moving up this year. That shows how stupid of an argument it is in the first place and when I used HHS as a comparison of how stupid it is to sat a team moving up is, that was exactly why I used them. To simply show how stupid of an argument it was in the first place.

Cooper losing last last night is not the end of the world and does not even come close to meaning they shouldn't be playing in 6A. Same as HHS getting their butts kicked doesn't mean they shouldn't be able to compete in 5A.

They will? Their four year average male enrollment is 576, well below the natural bounds of 6A (726). Is there a large expansion in Cooper's near future?

I think Cooper can play with or beat 6A teams, but I also think they would have had more success in 5A. Success tends to help any program, but is especially helpful to a new and growing one. I believe that Guru is trying to stress 'why limit your success voluntarily?'.

No it's not. Listen, Cooper moved up and started the season 2-0

and everyone OUTSIDE of the Cooper family were praising them and claiming they were one of best teams in NKY and among the best in the state.

They lost last night and all

of a sudden it is "they can't at with the 6A boys". And all because they got beat bad in 1 game

against station? That would be like saying HHS shouldn't have moved up because they can't compete in the bigger class because they lost big in two of their 3 games

already.

Don't you get it? That is all I'm saying. When people made the comments saying how stupid it was for cooper to move up because they lost a game. Then to show how ignorant of a thought process that was is why I said it is the exact same for HHS. If you can't see that then that is pretty stupid, as stupid as saying any team is stupid for moving up period.

Yoy may not want to admit they are simalar and stupid arguments, then I can't make it any clearer.

Let it me try this. If anytime a team loses we will hear "They aren't good enough to play at That class" then I will always think of that person as a Moron simy because every team will sooner or later lose a game in their class.

When HHS gets knocked out in the playoffs this year, does that mean they shouldn't have moved up?

The answer is no. It's the same answer for anyone who says the same about Cooper or Conner or Cov Cath or any team period.

So far this year, Cooper has done well in 5A but has done poorly in 6A. HHS has played all 6A teams -- remember, they are in 5A. Whatever you are trying to pitch about HHS playing up just makes no sense.

Kentucky should go back to 4 class system, not enought teams in this state to have 6 classes, more competition in each class instead of watered down state championships would be great for the sport. There should be a 4a Jefferson County champ and a 4a at large champ they could play 1 more game if agreed to for an overall state champ.

They will? Their four year average male enrollment is 576, well below the natural bounds of 6A (726). Is there a large expansion in Cooper's near future?

I think Cooper can play with or beat 6A teams, but I also think they would have had more success in 5A. Success tends to help any program, but is especially helpful to a new and growing one. I believe that Guru is trying to stress 'why limit your success voluntarily?'.

There are a couple new subdivisions going in right around the corner of the school that is already slated to have 2,000 residential housing built. Started a little over a year ago. So many houses in that subdivision alone that they have already alloted a new elementary school to be built there also which will go with the middle school that just opened a couple years ago next to Cooper.

Yes the growth is there already.

Now of course Cooper

could be more competitive in 5A, they would be even more succesful in 4A or 3A etc. the point is no one will

ever compete with the Louisvillle schools in 6A but that doesn't mean no one should ever play in 6A in the rest of the state.

Strongly disagree Clutch. I'm a Borchers fan and skipped my game last week to watch Cooper/NewCath and left impressed with the 3 athletes from Cooper. I thought they'd be enough to make the game close with BS.

Those guys should know the focus was on them after the FTH game and been 'up' for the game.

Next thing you guys will be blaming it on the long drive to Lex....

If you read my original post, there was no blame or excuse from me. Cooper did not come ready to play, and unfortunately in high school football that happens. They got their butts beat, kudos to Bryan Station for coming out ready to play. You could see it from the pre-game that the kids didn't have the spark they did against Highlands. Every team has a game like that, some teams are just talented enough to still win or keep it close. Mix a bad night for Cooper with a good game from Station and the result is what you saw last night. No excuses, just stating the obvious. Last night was not a game that Cooper played that they pride themselves on with blocking, tackling, and flying around. Don't know the reason but it happened.

Cooper will move on and prepare for Campbell County. This game is in their rear view mirror, unlike everyone on this site, Cooper realizes this game meant nothing in the long run, and are putting it behind them as quickly as it ended.

So far this year, Cooper has done well in 5A but has done poorly in 6A. HHS has played all 6A teams -- remember, they are in 5A. Whatever you are trying to pitch about HHS playing up just makes no sense.

Maybe HHS should stop aging 6A schools then. Lol. How silly is that?

what will you say when Cooper beats Campbell? They are a 6A school

does that still mean they can't play 6A?

The debate about should Cooper play up is null and void. Cooper didn't have a decision to play up. Cooper was told to play up, not asked if they wanted to. The petition was not made as a request from Cooper, it was made because all Boone County schools were moved to 6A.

So the KHSAA can make a school play in a class that they do not have the enrollment for? It is my understanding that they could not do that until the enrollment exceeded the class they were currently playing in.

I

There are a couple new subdivisions going in right around the corner of the school that is already slated to have 2,000 residential housing built. Started a little over a year ago. So many houses in that subdivision alone that they have already alloted a new elementary school to be built there also which will go with the middle school that just opened a couple years ago next to Cooper.

Yes the growth is there already.

Now of course Cooper

could be more competitive in 5A, they would be even more succesful in 4A or 3A etc. the point is no one will

ever compete with the Louisvillle schools in 6A but that doesn't mean no one should ever play in 6A in the rest of the state.

But once all that is built, with all the schools in Boone and the history Boone county schools has of doing what they want, isn't there a chance they rezone some areas too. You never know what might happen in the future. Did Boone county schools petition up or are you saying KHSAA did. I think most are just saying why move up until you have to, unless there is a real reason to do so. A history that denotes you should?

Again, I really don't care. But that seems to be the argument by the ones that are talking about it.