Bryan Station 36 Cooper 0

uk#1fan

Planning for more students was what I meant. Enrollment did go up and should continue with the addition of many new neighborhoods (plus a new middle school) near the school. They probably expect to reach the minimum 755 by 2018. That's just my assumption. I could be wrong. But if not enrollment, then what?

You need to jump on over to the other thread.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You got a crystal ball? How do you know HHS or CCH will not win a title. Three weeks in and you know the out come of the title game? I don't know much about CCH, other than their NFL schedule. HHS, on the other hand, isn't belly up yet. I've seen less talented HHS teams win state titles. I can't believe people are "throwing in the towel" on HHS, considering their 100 year history.

Your the only one arguing. The rest of us morons are pretty much in agreement. :lol2:

HHS and CCH won't win state this year because although the same people that think Cooper is stupid are also the ones that think 5A has been for years the weakest class. I tend to think 4A was the weaker when only 1 school could dominate for the past 8 years. That 1 school who got beat by a team

that was 5A just last year and who many said ahould

have stayed in 5A this year. That tells me there weren't very good teams in 4A. I was told I was wrong, well if that is the case then HHS should just waltz thru 5A this year on their way to the title seeing how 5A is the weakest class.

Let the the excuses fly JAIL BIRD when they get knocked out of the playoffs this year. they will get knocked out because of one thing and one thing only. They aren't in 4A anymore.

You say they will win state or CCH will this year, I say it won't happen.

Bryan Station 36, Cooper 0: The Defenders defense that shut out Knox Central in week one made a return appearance against No. 6 Cooper at home.

“Tonight we got back to doing things the right way,” said Bryan Station Coach Frank Parks, who lauded his team’s fundamental soundness in Friday’s win.

Andre Davis scored on 1- and 8-yard rushes to put Bryan Station up 12-0 in the first quarter. Davis scored on a 2-yard run to give Station a 28-0 lead near the end of the second quarter.

Devon Key caught two passes from Davis – a 20-yarder and a 49-yarder – for the other two TDs for the Defenders, who outgained the Jaguars 315-77.

The game was called seconds into the third quarter due to weather and broken glass on the field.

Cooper (2-1) opened its season with huge wins over Highlands (37-13) and Newport Central Catholic (35-0). Bryan Station shut out Knox Central (49-0) in week one before falling to No. 7 Simon Kenton at home last week, 52-36.

Read more here: High school football: Friday's highlights from city, area, state | High School Sports | Kentucky.com

The Defense, Bryan Station: The Defenders had four sacks and limited Cooper to 77 yards of offense in a weather-shortened game. The No. 6 Jaguars averaged over 35 points per game coming into Friday and were shutout by Bryan Station.

Read more here: High school football: Friday's top individual performances | High School Sports | Kentucky.com

As for Cooper... Tough loss. Hopefully it humbled the kids. You're not the best until you beat everyone and win the trophy (sorry UK) and you can't think you're going to play an away game and just show up and win.

Good news- non district game, means nothing for Cooper other than a L on the record.

Edited by Jumper_Dad
R(2)

HHS and CCH won't win state this year because although the same people that think Cooper is stupid are also the ones that think 5A has been for years the weakest class. I tend to think 4A was the weaker when only 1 school could dominate for the past 8 years. That 1 school who got beat by a team

have stayed in 5A this year. That tells me there weren't very good teams in 4A. I was told I was wrong, well if that is the case then HHS should just waltz thru 5A this year on their way to the title seeing how 5A is the weakest class.

Let the the excuses fly JAIL BIRD when they get knocked out of the playoffs this year. they will get knocked out because of one thing and one thing only. They aren't in 4A anymore.

I'm really trying here HB. But you're making it tough.

Pretty sure Highlands won the first four 5A titles when KY went to 6 classes. So it's not out of the realm of possibility that they could do it again this year or in the next few years.

No NKY is going to win 6A this year. It's never happened and more than likely never will.

Cooper moving up, by choice or by force just doesn't pass the smell test if you will. Something about it just feels like it was a bad decision. I get the play the best to be the best, but a state championship should be a goal for any team. Cooper moving to 6A pretty much eliminated them from ever having a chance at a championship. Again, in all of history in KY football, no NKY team has ever won the big school championship People want to no why the move was made because it just doesn't make sense.

Who knows which class was weaker over the last 4 years. Who really cares. Typically there are 4-5 teams in every class that are competing year after year for a state title. Then there's a drop off to the second tier teams. The Best class is the class that has more title worthy contenders. Some years it's 6A, others it's 2A. It rotates.

Show me where I said Cooper was stupid. It didn't happen, nice try. Why so offensive? Just agree that someone in the Cooper organization made a mistake by moving up in class. Your blowing everything up more than it should be. Your the only Cooper fan on BGP that gets upset about EVERYTHING.

Now you got "you know who" started and he won't let up until he drives you crazy. :lol:

As far as Highlands goes, if they get knocked out of the playoffs, so be it. We can handle it.

I'm really trying here HB. But you're making it tough.

Pretty sure Highlands won the first four 5A titles when KY went to 6 classes. So it's not out of the realm of possibility that they could do it again this year or in the next few years.

No NKY is going to win 6A this year. It's never happened and more than likely never will.

Cooper moving up, by choice or by force just doesn't pass the smell test if you will. Something about it just feels like it was a bad decision. I get the play the best to be the best, but a state championship should be a goal for any team. Cooper moving to 6A pretty much eliminated them from ever having a chance at a championship. Again, in all of history in KY football, no NKY team has ever won the big school championship People want to no why the move was made because it just doesn't make sense.

Who knows which class was weaker over the last 4 years. Who really cares. Typically there are 4-5 teams in every class that are competing year after year for a state title. Then there's a drop off to the second tier teams. The Best class is the class that has more title worthy contenders. Some years it's 6A, others it's 2A. It rotates.

Great post!!!

No. In fact every time I remember an NKY school making the championship game they've been beaten fairly soundly.

Boone County did well in the 80's and 90's appearing in the title game four times. 1986 St.X 27 - 14 Boone, 1987 Shelby County 17 - 14 Boone, 1992 St. X 3 - 0 Boone, and 1994 Trinity 21 - 7 Boone. While they never won their average point differential was only 8.25.