Bryan Station 36 Cooper 0

uk#1fan

There are a couple new subdivisions going in right around the corner of the school that is already slated to have 2,000 residential housing built. Started a little over a year ago. So many houses in that subdivision alone that they have already alloted a new elementary school to be built there also which will go with the middle school that just opened a couple years ago next to Cooper.

Yes the growth is there already.

Now of course Cooper

could be more competitive in 5A, they would be even more succesful in 4A or 3A etc. the point is no one will

ever compete with the Louisvillle schools in 6A but that doesn't mean no one should ever play in 6A in the rest of the state.

The four year average is meant to cover from 2015-2018. Did the KHSAA not take the town growth into consideration? Hmm... do you happen to know Cooper's current male enrollment?

Anyway. Yes, but they didn't have the opportunity to play in 4A or 3A. They had the opportunity and the numbers to play in 5A. And no offense, but it wasn't a Louisville 6A team to whom Cooper lost.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The debate about should Cooper play up is null and void. Cooper didn't have a decision to play up. Cooper was told to play up, not asked if they wanted to. The petition was not made as a request from Cooper, it was made because all Boone County schools were moved to 6A.

Everyone knows it wasn't Cooper's decision, that has been hashed out for a while. The debate is whether or not it was a *bad* decision regardless of who made it.

So the KHSAA can make a school play in a class that they do not have the enrollment for? It is my understanding that they could not do that until the enrollment exceeded the class they were currently playing in.

No, the Boone County School Board petitioned the KHSAA to let Conner and Cooper play in 6A. I believe travel reasons were what they cited for the move. KHSAA accepted their petition. Neither Cooper nor Conner, to my knowledge, had a say in it, but KHSAA didn't make the decision on their own.

I

But once all that is built, with all the schools in Boone and the history Boone county schools has of doing what they want, isn't there a chance they rezone some areas too. You never know what might happen in the future. Did Boone county schools petition up or are you saying KHSAA did. I think most are just saying why move up until you have to, unless there is a real reason to do so. A history that denotes you should?

Again, I really don't care. But that seems to be the argument by the ones that are talking about it.

It would be silly to re-zone that subdivision. It is literally right around the corner same

as Orleans subd which makes up most of Cooper already. With that said I wouldn't hold

anything against the board. They don't make the best decisions as it is already.

The four year average is meant to cover from 2015-2018. Did the KHSAA not take the town growth into consideration? Hmm... do you happen to know Cooper's current male enrollment?

Anyway. Yes, but they didn't have the opportunity to play in 4A or 3A. They had the opportunity and the numbers to play in 5A. And no offense, but it wasn't a Louisville 6A team to whom Cooper lost.

Who cares who they lost too? You all make it seem like a travesty that Cooper lost a football game. Seriously it's not the end of the world. The team they lost to was only down 3 to SK last week with only 2 mins left in the game. Should SK petition to move to 5A because they can't win a title in 6A? According to what your sounding like the answer from you would be yes.

Who cares who they lost to. What does it matter?

Let me save the idiots in this board some time. Next year Cooper

wont be as good as this year. They will lose just about all their starters. So to save time, get your whining about how Cooper can't compete in 6A out of the way this season so we do t have to listen to the same idiot conversation a year from now after they lose.

Who cares who they lost too? You all make it seem like a travesty that Cooper lost a football game. Seriously it's not the end of the world. The team they lost to was only down 3 to SK last week with only 2 mins left in the game. Should SK petition to move to 5A because they can't win a title in 6A? According to what your sounding like the answer from you would be yes.

Who cares who they lost to. What does it matter?

You made the point that 'nobody can compete with Louisville 6A' and I merely pointed out that Bryan Station isn't Louisville 6A. I don't think it is a travesty, and if you read my first message in this thread you'd see that I am very supportive of Cooper. Also, I don't think anyone should be able to petition either way, up or down. The KHSAA should set the boundaries and only move teams when enrollment makes it necessary.

I'm not saying Cooper is doomed or hopeless; I just happen to agree that moving up before it was necessary was a bad decision. You are becoming very heated about what is a simply an opinion to me.

You made the point that 'nobody can compete with Louisville 6A' and I merely pointed out that Bryan Station isn't Louisville 6A. I don't think it is a travesty, and if you read my first message in this thread you'd see that I am very supportive of Cooper. Also, I don't think anyone should be able to petition either way, up or down. The KHSAA should set the boundaries and only move teams when enrollment makes it necessary.

I'm not saying Cooper is doomed or hopeless; I just happen to agree that moving up before it was necessary was a bad decision. You are becoming very heated about what is a simply an opinion to me.

I become heated with the harping on Cooper

shouldnt have moved up with not one good reason not too. Other teams like HHS and Cov Carh aren't being ridiculed for doing the same is my point. Neither one of those teams will win a title either this year, yet it's only Cooper getting trashed by idiots. That's why I get heated over such a moronic argument. Who cares if they moved up???????????? That's the point. Who cares????????

Yhis isn't directed to you, it's more directed to the idiots who keep brining it up like a one tracked mind. They act as if the only way it would make sense is if Cooper goes undefeated the rest of the schools history becaise the second they lose a game they become idiots for moving up yet the same morons who said that don't say the same thing about any other team that changed classes and lost. The hypocriscy is stupid and shows a lack of intelligence period. So yes I will be harsh on the idiots who show their constant hypocriscy on this subject. I just don't understand why it bothers them so much but wasn't as if Cooper would be favored against Pulaaki Co this year if they stayed in 5A.

Just a a stupid argument is all. So everytime it is brought up I will point out the idiots who bring it up.

I become heated with the harping on Cooper

shouldnt have moved up with not one good reason not too. Other teams like HHS and Cov Carh aren't being ridiculed for doing the same is my point. Neither one of those teams will win a title either this year, yet it's only Cooper getting trashed by idiots. That's why I get heated over such a moronic argument. Who cares if they moved up???????????? That's the point. Who cares????????

Yhis isn't directed to you, it's more directed to the idiots who keep brining it up like a one tracked mind. They act as if the only way it would make sense is if Cooper goes undefeated the rest of the schools history becaise the second they lose a game they become idiots for moving up yet the same morons who said that don't say the same thing about any other team that changed classes and lost. The hypocriscy is stupid and shows a lack of intelligence period. So yes I will be harsh on the idiots who show their constant hypocriscy on this subject. I just don't understand why it bothers them so much but wasn't as if Cooper would be favored against Pulaaki Co this year if they stayed in 5A.

Just a a stupid argument is all. So everytime it is brought up I will point out the idiots who bring it up.

You got a crystal ball? How do you know HHS or CCH will not win a title. Three weeks in and you know the out come of the title game? I don't know much about CCH, other than their NFL schedule. HHS, on the other hand, isn't belly up yet. I've seen less talented HHS teams win state titles. I can't believe people are "throwing in the towel" on HHS, considering their 100 year history.

Your the only one arguing. The rest of us morons are pretty much in agreement. :lol2:

Planning for more students was what I meant. Enrollment did go up and should continue with the addition of many new neighborhoods (plus a new middle school) near the school. They probably expect to reach the minimum 755 by 2018. That's just my assumption. I could be wrong. But if not enrollment, then what?