Bryan Station 36 Cooper 0

uk#1fan

6A is a whole different level of numerical talent. Cooper just doesn't have the numbers yet in a "football" aspect. Now, if they can get some of those Golf, Baseball, Bowling, and Basketball players to play, it would be a bit different. All the boys can do is play where they are placed, and do their best. Play to get to the next level after high school, and 6A does that, but Cooper has to have a better showing than what they had tonight. By the way Guru, what are the possibilities of Boone dropping to 5A? (I don't know their numbers, that's why I ask)

There may be a few more good teams in 6A this year. But it's rare that any of them besides Trinity are better than Highlands or Bowling Green most years. Outside of those 3 and occasionally St X and Male, there's a big drop off. Let's not all of the sudden pretend like 6A is vastly superior football. Theres not much difference between an average 6A and average 4A team. Which again underscores that there's no need for 6 classes in Ky.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People act like Cooper can't play against 6A teams when the fact of the matter is they have been playing every 6A team in NKY for years and have beaten every one but 1 of them.

sone people in here

may be some of the most u knowledgable people I've ran across when it comes to HS football. It's funny to watch them go. Cooper beats Highlands and NCC and it was people outside the Cooper family touting them as among the best in the state. I didn't see 1 Cooper person claim they would run the tables. Then when Cooper loses some of those very same people claim Cooper just can't play in 6A.

Some of you people really don't have a clue when it comes to this game. Sorry but the truth hurts sometimes.

Edited by Hellbird

Its always interesting reading on here after the games,, this may be a case of too much praise placed on the team after a couple of good wins and too much of a forecast of demise after just one loss. Its a long season,, and everyone should understand that there are going to be some ups and downs through the season.

Whether Cooper should have stayed 5A or moved to 6A I believe is a useless argument at this point. The powers that be chose a course of action and its the situation they are in. I am sure the Highlands and Cov Cath decision makers may be rethinking their choices as well.

Last night appeared to be a tough one for Cooper,, but it may be a good thing for them. It may be the catalyst to help them get better. Congrats to Bryan Station,, this is the reason I truly love High School football,, all the passions that get stirred up over a win/loss. Good luck the rest of the season Jaguars!!

Do you believe Highlands will have the same dominance in 5A? Curious as to other parents views on the moving up issue.

No idea. But their decision was made for longevity, not one down year. I do know the last time they were in 5a they won state every year they were there. Saying that HHS' to move up was a mistake and compares to Cooper moving up is silly. HHS has completely dominated the previous class and have many times shown they can compete with classes much higher than them. They didn't make the decision based on one year. They want to be challenged because class obviously wasn't for many years. Saying Coopers decision was anywhere close to the same as HHS (because of one down year where they haven't even played a 5a team) is silly. Again apples to oranges.

Who ever said HHS was worried about dominance in the class they are playing. They moved up so hopefully there is more competition and not so much dominance!

Its always interesting reading on here after the games,, this may be a case of too much praise placed on the team after a couple of good wins and too much of a forecast of demise after just one loss. Its a long season,, and everyone should understand that there are going to be some ups and downs through the season.

Whether Cooper should have stayed 5A or moved to 6A I believe is a useless argument at this point. The powers that be chose a course of action and its the situation they are in. I am sure the Highlands and Cov Cath decision makers may be rethinking their choices as well.

Last night appeared to be a tough one for Cooper,, but it may be a good thing for them. It may be the catalyst to help them get better. Congrats to Bryan Station,, this is the reason I truly love High School football,, all the passions that get stirred up over a win/loss. Good luck the rest of the season Jaguars!!

I can honestly tell you that HHS has absolutely no regrets. They have been waiting for an opportunity to get back to 5a since the KHSSA forced them back down to 4a. They finally allowed them to do it and they jumped at the chance. One down year doesn't make them regret a decision they have been hoping for for years. That's not the way they work. They don't trophy hunt. They have ALWAYS played up unless the KHSSA has forced them not to.

No idea. But their decision was made for longevity, not one down year. I do know the last time they were in 5a they won state every year they were there. Saying that HHS' to move up was a mistake and compares to Cooper moving up is silly. HHS has completely dominated the previous class and have many times shown they can compete with classes much higher than them. They didn't make the decision based on one year. They want to be challenged because class obviously wasn't for many years. Saying Coopers decision was anywhere close to the same as HHS (because of one down year where they haven't even played a 5a team) is silly. Again apples to oranges.

Who ever said HHS was worried about dominance in the class they are playing. They moved up so hopefully there is more competition and not so much dominance!

Cooper will have 6A enrollment numbers in a couple years so them moving up now was no big deal.

Now with people aaying a ting them moving up is just "stupid" because they can't compete in 6A simply because of a loss then the same can be said about Highlands moving up this year. That shows how stupid of an argument it is in the first place and when I used HHS as a comparison of how stupid it is to sat a team moving up is, that was exactly why I used them. To simply show how stupid of an argument it was in the first place.

Cooper losing last last night is not the end of the world and does not even come close to meaning they shouldn't be playing in 6A. Same as HHS getting their butts kicked doesn't mean they shouldn't be able to compete in 5A.

Cooper will have 6A enrollment numbers in a couple years so them moving up now was no big deal.

Now with people aaying a ting them moving up is just "stupid" because they can't compete in 6A simply because of a loss then the same can be said about Highlands moving up this year. That shows how stupid of an argument it is in the first place and when I used HHS as a comparison of how stupid it is to sat a team moving up is, that was exactly why I used them. To simply show how stupid of an argument it was in the first place.

Cooper losing last last night is not the end of the world and does not even come close to meaning they shouldn't be playing in 6A. Same as HHS getting their butts kicked doesn't mean they shouldn't be able to compete in 5A.

To be honest, I don't care where Cooper plays. I'm just saying their decision to move up is nowhere near the same decision as why HHS made the decision.

I think Guru is saying that why would they move up until enrollment dictated they should? Again, I don't care what the answer is, but if I was Cooper this year, I might be wishing they hadn't moved up. Something motivated them to move up without having to. They weren't dominating their previous class and they hadn't shown they could clearly compete with the class above them. Yes, in NKy they have competed with the NKy 6a teams. But let's face it...until last year, recent years of NKy 6a football had been pretty average at best. And sometimes bad. So I agree in past years Cooper could compete with NKy 6a schools.

To be honest, I don't care where Cooper plays. I'm just saying their decision to move up is nowhere near the same decision as why HHS made the decision.

I think Guru is saying that why would they move up until enrollment dictated they should? Again, I don't care what the answer is, but if I was Cooper this year, I might be wishing they hadn't moved up. Something motivated them to move up without having to. They weren't dominating their previous class and they hadn't shown they could clearly compete with the class above them. Yes, in NKy they have competed with the NKy 6a teams. But let's face it...until last year, recent years of NKy 6a football had been pretty average at best. And sometimes bad. So I agree I'm past years Cooper could compete with NKy 6a schools.

I just do t understand why it bothers so many people so much. Highlands moved up to a bigger class also you can say they deserved to which makes zero sense. If anything HHS should be glad Cooper moved up. That way HHS may be able to win their district this year.