Bryan Station 36 Cooper 0

uk#1fan

I think one of Cooper's challenges is to develop 6A football depth. I said it after the Highlands game that Cooper would not go anywhere in 6A playing so many guys both ways, but it was understandable against Highlands because it was the first game and heck beating Highlands is a big deal. The NCC game did not really help Cooper because they were playing a team that could not move the ball without their running game. So now the challenge for Cooper is to identify that depth and then be ready to go once the playoffs start. They are not going to go deep in the playoffs if they do not, and I do not know if they will be successful but I would not write them off at this point.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GURU, you just can't let that topic go away can you? It is done, quit beating a dead horse, it will get you know where. Cooper will be alright in my opinion. I will not be like other posters and try and throw stones towards other teams. First off, congratulations to Bryan Station. They were the way better team last night and took it to Cooper early and often. Do I think Station is that much better, no. But you have to give them their kudos for playing a good football game.

People asked, what happened to Cooper? In one phrase, they should have never gotten off the bus. Cooper came out flat, sloppy, slow, un-inspired, not playing the fundamentals and lost contain a few times that led to a few big plays.

That is the shortest summary that needs to be given, Station came out inspired, Cooper did not. Station played hard, Cooper did not. Station wanted it more and took it and smacked Cooper in the mouth, and they ran and hid in the corner.

GURU, you just can't let that topic go away can you? It is done, quit beating a dead horse, it will get you know where. Cooper will be alright in my opinion. I will not be like other posters and try and throw stones towards other teams. First off, congratulations to Bryan Station. They were the way better team last night and took it to Cooper early and often. Do I think Station is that much better, no. But you have to give them their kudos for playing a good football game.

People asked, what happened to Cooper? In one phrase, they should have never gotten off the bus. Cooper came out flat, sloppy, slow, un-inspired, not playing the fundamentals and lost contain a few times that led to a few big plays.

That is the shortest summary that needs to be given, Station came out inspired, Cooper did not. Station played hard, Cooper did not. Station wanted it more and took it and smacked Cooper in the mouth, and they ran and hid in the corner.

If Cooper didn't play hard, their issue is more than just depth and 'football'. No excuses for not being ready to play and not giving it your all.

If Cooper didn't play hard, their issue is more than just depth and 'football'. No excuses for not being ready to play and not giving it your all.

Come on man, it is high school kids. Sometimes you don't play well and you beat a team because you are just physically better. Sometimes you don't play well and play a team that is a tough matchup and they beat you. You can't honestly tell me that every high school team in the country doesn't have a bad game at some point. These are 15-18 year old kids. If there girlfriend breaks up with them, they don't want to do anything except crawl in a hole.

Bottom line, Station played a great game, Cooper did not. There is no issue with depth or football or anything else. Bad night, learn from it, move on. It is as simple as that. Don't try to make it something it isn't.

Strongly disagree Clutch. I'm a Borchers fan and skipped my game last week to watch Cooper/NewCath and left impressed with the 3 athletes from Cooper. I thought they'd be enough to make the game close with BS.

Those guys should know the focus was on them after the FTH game and been 'up' for the game.

Next thing you guys will be blaming it on the long drive to Lex....

Boone had the opportunity to drop to 5A this year and passed on it. According to the KHSAA Boone County is playing up this year. Of course, that decision is ten times stupider than the Cooper decision but I assume it was all the same idiot within the Boone County school system that made the decision for everyone. Throw Conner in there too, just like Cooper they requested to play up.

You continue to harp in what a stupid decision it was for Cooper to move up. Seriously Rob, what NKY team will ever have a shot at winning state in 6A? The answer is none. So why continue to put down a school that chose to compete against the best in the state? I have no problem with it at all.

Boone county schools already have a huge disadvantage than most other schools in the state so it really doesn't matter what class they are in. Why sound like a broken record every time and post the same thing? Do you think SK will win a title? Not even close! Highlands got blown out twice in 3 games, why aren't you saying they made aintake moving up? What about CCH?

You continue to harp in what a stupid decision it was for Cooper to move up. Seriously Rob, what NKY team will ever have a shot at winning state in 6A? The answer is none. So why continue to put down a school that chose to compete against the best in the state? I have no problem with it at all.

Boone county schools already have a huge disadvantage than most other schools in the state so it really doesn't matter what class they are in. Why sound like a broken record every time and post the same thing? Do you think SK will win a title? Not even close! Highlands got blown out twice in 3 games, why aren't you saying they made aintake moving up? What about CCH?

Atleast SK has been to a 6A championship game....:)

When Cooper loses they have a zillon excuses why.

Please educate us. I

havent read a single excuse. You have simply been acting like a 2 year old in here and its

obnoxious. Cooper lost. So what? I never said they'd win state unlike you have every single year about SK. I have you an opportunity to prove to me of you believed

in what you preached and you refused to so I don't hold anything you say with any credibility.

Cooper lost. It's football people. I will give you a hint, there will. It be any 6 or 5A team in NKY to go u defeated this year.

You continue to harp in what a stupid decision it was for Cooper to move up. Seriously Rob, what NKY team will ever have a shot at winning state exhaust in 6A? The answer is none. So why continue to put down a school that chose to compete against the best in the state? I have no problem with it at all.

Why do you keep refrerring to HHS. They haven't played a second of 5a football this year They are down this year and I'm not sure would do any better in 4a! Has nothing to do the the move up. That's a silly rationale.

Can you translate this cryptic post about what changed for BS?

I can. Last week they played a very good 6a team, best in state not in Louisville or Scott Coubty. Last night they played a mediocre 6a team that was over hyped after a W vs what is proving to be the worst highlands team in years.

Wow! That's reaching! Apples and oranges in my opinion.

The point was made to show just because a team loses by multiple TD's according to GURU means they should have stayed in lower class. It was pointing out not only how stupid it is to say something but the fact he isn't saying about anyone else but Cooper is

being hypocritical.

Me personally I have no issue with any school moving up or down if they want. Why it bothers Guru so much especially knowing no NKY team will ever be a annual threat to a titles in 6A is just hypocritical of

Guru to constantly point out Cooper.

Cooper has as much chance as SK. Get over yourself.

Why do you keep refrerring to HHS. They haven't played a second of 5a football this year They are down this year and I'm not sure would do any better in 4a! Has nothing to do the the move up. That's a silly rationale.

It's pointing out the hypocrisy. Both teams petitioned to move up to a higher class both lost big (HHS Twice) is the point I was making. Why call out 1 team

when others chose to move up in classes also who probably ate in the same

situation