Everything posted by Cannon
-
Simon Kenton Pioneers - 2015 Grade
Here's my formula: B for preseason expectations and hype Increased to A for performance during the regular season Decreased to B+ for poor showing against Cooper Decreased to C for losing in the playoffs Increased to B because I remembered that I expected them to lose before the finals anyway. So, after closely adjusting my grade and applying my scoring algorithms, I arrived a final grade of B- (For some reason the algorithm further reduced the grade below the end-of-season grade. I'm investigating that now.)
-
Highlands Bluebirds - 2015 Grade
C, C-,B++? Seriously? From the group that couldn't really explain what adjustments Pulaski made in the second half of the semi-final game to handle Highlands better? But, now can discern the difference between a C and a C+ season? I'm calling . . . never mind.
-
Highlands Aims For Bigger Things With Full Access to Facilities in Offseason
Who coached Kramer during his 8th Grade year?
-
Highlands Aims For Bigger Things With Full Access to Facilities in Offseason
Those who want to believe that this is Coach Weinrich making excuses for last season will believe that no matter what anyone else says. I see nothing wrong with saying: To suggest that the coaches won't evaluate all players for all positions is silliness. If a sophomore can handle the job of starting varsity QB, he'll get a look. If the coaches go with a senior at QB it's because they think he's the guy for the job. I assume Gosney came up through the FTJFL like Cramer? If so, what team did each kid play for?
-
The KHSAA needs to quit playing politics with officials in the State Football Finals
You seem to be a Tackett guy, but he isn't doing a good job if this situation has and is having an impact on the games.
-
Why or why didn't you attend the state finals games?
For a quasi-public association of schools? Yes.
-
Why or why didn't you attend the state finals games?
They run the "business" like they have a monopoly and don't really care what people think. Wait, that's exactly what they have.
-
Why or why didn't you attend the state finals games?
Schedule is bad this year, location is bad every year it's at WKU. Can the KHSAA get it together and move the games to a more central location? I don't think so. The KHSAA strikes me as a pretty weak and ineffective association.
-
What's Your Thoughts On This Quote By Pulaski's Hines?
Then you should check out the discussion about why people decided to go -- or not go -- to the finals.
-
What's Your Thoughts On This Quote By Pulaski's Hines?
So, the quote is accurate but the coach just doesn't want it interpreted as "our QB is better than yours who got a D1 offer." But, that's what he said.
-
Pulaski County 41 Highlands 31
I'd still like to know what the "adjustments" were. Change in personnel? Scheme? Technique? Or just tell the payers to execute better -- if that's an adjustment?
-
Pulaski County 41 Highlands 31
So, you really can't point to anything other than the points?
-
Pulaski County 41 Highlands 31
What adjustments did Pulaski make at the half?
-
Pulaski County 41 Highlands 31
So it's either too much freelancing by the players or the coaches not having the right personnel on the field?
-
Pulaski County 41 Highlands 31
Agreed . . . even when the opinions are yelled at him from the stands.
-
Lafayette 42 Simon Kenton 28
You forgot . . . "this year"
-
Class 4A State Championship: Johnson Central vs. South Warren
Matney will go into total freak out if he loses to SW after just getting rid of Highlands from his bracket.
-
Pulaski County 41 Highlands 31
I suppose it comes with the job -- but is also comes from the same people.
-
Lafayette 42 Simon Kenton 28
Hard to tell. Have you witnessed SK fans?
-
Pulaski County 41 Highlands 31
. . . but here are some criticisms anyway. . .
-
Lafayette 42 Simon Kenton 28
I doubt that. What will it be? Bad refs? Did LHS "rain" the field?
-
Lafayette 42 Simon Kenton 28
So, Highlands and SK go out in the same round.
-
Lafayette/Simon Kenton Updates
I don't know that I'd call it "influence."
-
Pulaski County/Highlands 5A State Semifinals Predictions
Highlands is playing different personnel than they did in the Scott Cty game. I know Hergot and Cain didn't dress for that game. Seems like there were other kids out as well. I think the third string QB played as well after the backup -- who started -- was injured. There are different kids on the O Line and in the D backfield than in the Scott County game. It wouldn't be representative of the team today.
-
Pulaski County/Highlands 5A State Semifinals Predictions
So, Highlands is going to win?