Courier-Journal's list of Top 50 College Prospects in Kentucky

I don't have the numbers in front of me' date=' but I would bet the majority of D1 placements are from one school in NKy![/quote']

Off the top of my head for FBS and FCS:

SK

Highlands

Dixie

Conner

Ryle

Boone

Beechwood

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While most do not like the recruiting services mean combines and if kids did not go to combines then they may not be serious about going to the next level. Even those that do go to combines may not be going to the next level. And if a kid is a senior this year and did not do a D1 coaches camp they are not likely going to that D1 school.

Someone gets left off these list all the time. But if you were an NUC top this or Scout top that I bet Jason got you on the list.

Combines are not THE a measure but they are a measure used a lot and making waves at combines and camps is what gets a player noticed.

Ronald Rice was was selected as Ultimate 100 by NUC and invited to play in they're Texas vs The World game next Febuary.... However with NUC I think if you slide them 100. They will call you the Supreme football commander for which no one else is worthy.

I'm just glad we have guys like Jason Frakes still taking so much pride in high school sports. Especially on the local scene. I have scrap books full of Courier Journal articles from when my Dad played in the 50's - and many more articles from the CJ from my playing days in the late 80's and early 90's. Jason is doing one heck of a job keeping traditions alive. From the older Mr Crawford, Bob White, Jody...and many more - I would like to say thank you. This time of the year, the CJ is the first thing we pick up in our house because of guys like you. I've always enjoyed reading all of the local high school reviews - checking the box scores on Sat morning and then reading all the college football pregame action.

You can never be perfect with ranking teams or kids...but the CJ has a long line of guys including Jason that deserve a lot of credit in and around Louisville. Again, thank you Jason! Keep up the good work and help the CJ keep selling papers. You are certainly doing your part.

Conner's program is what?

How many DI scholarships are being handed out at Conner? You know as well as I do that #1 thing that affects DI offers is camps/combines etc. After that it goes to the big name programs. No one will ever convince me that players in close proximity of Trinity for example are born greater athletes than everywhere else in the state, or in the Louisville area for that matter. Last I checked Conner isn't spitting out multiple players with DI offers every year.

Don't get me wrong, of course all schools will have players that if they attend the right camps will eventually get DI offers etc. I am talking about multiple players per class. Just look for instance any given year at how many Trinity players are being recruited by DI schools. Look at this list alone for this year. There is a big difference in schools like that and Conner or Cooper or Boone etc. SK has been on the rise lately and how many of their kids over the past 4 years went DI? This list alone of the supposed top 50 players, 4 of them are from Trinity, I didn't see any Conner players listed. Manual and Male also both have multiple players listed. I'm just saying that after camps/combines the next thing as far as getting recognized is the school you play for.

Tell me the Trinity and Highlands kids that got D1 without going to camps.

I don't remember anyone saying kids got DI offers by not attending camps.

I think you misunderstood the entire premise behind the statements made.

I will put it this way. DI recruiters aren't breaking down the Cooper door and hanging out at spring and summer practices like I bet they do at Male, Trinity, St X for example.

I've always said #1 camps/combines That has never been disputed. Now if you are suggesting that the program players play for has no influence to get kids even invited to some other camps or get recruiters attention then we will simply have to disagree.

I think 42 of those 50 kids have an offer from a I-A (FBS) or I-AA school (FCS). I didn't have room to list offers on all those kids.

You're never going to make a perfect list of this kind. But I can tell you a lot of thought and research went into it.

And you are to be commended for putting one together in the first place, well done. Cheers to these 50 and more who find a home playing college football and the sport helps to alleviate college cost! :thumb:

I don't remember anyone saying kids got DI offers by not attending camps.

I think you misunderstood the entire premise behind the statements made.

I will put it this way. DI recruiters aren't breaking down the Cooper door and hanging out at spring and summer practices like I bet they do at Male, Trinity, St X for example.

I've always said #1 camps/combines That has never been disputed. Now if you are suggesting that the program players play for has no influence to get kids even invited to some other camps or get recruiters attention then we will simply have to disagree.

I disagree, but we've already had that argument. :lol2: