Courier-Journal's list of Top 50 College Prospects in Kentucky

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Earlier this year I posted an opinion that the program in which you participate has influence over your recruitment exposure and credibility. The consensus was that there was so much highlight and game tape available, that everyone who was worthy of next level opportunity would be identified.

Well, if you accept that conclusion , and you accept this list as a credible list of prospects, then one would have to conclude that NKy does not produce a proportionate amount of next level prospects.

I disagree with that conclusion and assert that NKy football is disrespected, and will continue to be disrespected until we start going over the river and beating some folks over there! Furthermore, that disrespect hurts the recruitment of our athletes.

Do you have examples of kids that have been hurt?

There are many guys listed as TBA on the list, do they have firm offers? Perhaps listing those offers would enable people to make a better judgement.

I think 42 of those 50 kids have an offer from a I-A (FBS) or I-AA school (FCS). I didn't have room to list offers on all those kids.

You're never going to make a perfect list of this kind. But I can tell you a lot of thought and research went into it.

I think 42 of those 50 kids have an offer from a I-A (FBS) or I-AA school (FCS). I didn't have room to list offers on all those kids.

You're never going to make a perfect list of this kind. But I can tell you a lot of thought and research went into it.

Who has offered Deondre Pleasant?

Do you have examples of kids that have been hurt?

No, but I have been told personally by multiple D1/D2 recruiting coaches that they do not recruit NKy. I have also been told that if player A had gone to school B instead of school C he would have been more heavily recruited.

I visited close to 40 D1/D2 programs over a 3 year period and heard this over and over again. The story I get from HS coaches on this forum is in direct conflict with what I hear from the recruiters themselves.

As a side note, did you notice WKU moved their satellite camp from Ryle to Collins this year??

No, but I have been told personally by multiple D1/D2 recruiting coaches that they do not recruit NKy. I have also been told that if player A had gone to school B instead of school C he would have been more heavily recruited.

I visited close to 40 D1/D2 programs over a 3 year period and heard this over and over again. The story I get from HS coaches on this forum is in direct conflict with what I hear from the recruiters themselves.

As a side note, did you notice WKU moved their satellite camp from Ryle to Collins this year??

We see kids annually get D1 scholarships so coaches are recruiting the area. So you must mean in some other way.

Earlier this year I posted an opinion that the program in which you participate has influence over your recruitment exposure and credibility. The consensus was that there was so much highlight and game tape available, that everyone who was worthy of next level opportunity would be identified.

Well, if you accept that conclusion , and you accept this list as a credible list of prospects, then one would have to conclude that NKy does not produce a proportionate amount of next level prospects.

I disagree with that conclusion and assert that NKy football is disrespected, and will continue to be disrespected until we start going over the river and beating some folks over there! Furthermore, that disrespect hurts the recruitment of our athletes.

I also agree that the program you play for has huge influence over recruitment.

No one is ever going to agree with a player ranking list. No one is going to agree with a team ranking list. Why? No one. I mean no one gets to see every player and every team on a regular basis. ukfan could not list five players from western Kentucky without looking in the same way I couldn't list five players from eastern Kentucky without looking.

It's Jason's list on how he sees it. I don't remember seeing the words 'gospel' or 'perfect' in the headline.

I think The Postman is one of Kevin Costner's better movies. No one will agree with me on that. And you aren't going to change my mind.

That's how rankings are.

It's also how complaints are because I have not seen anyone on here counter offer a top 50 list or even list 10 northern Kentucky players that should be on the list.

Ron Rice and Gage Tucker both oline and dline out of "Scott" in nky will play college ball after all said and done. Neither has committed , but are being heavily looked at.

It definitely seems fair to judge a "college prospects list" almost fully based on college offers. Not on they are being "looked at". I generally don't like lists like this because they do seem to leave kids out. But if 42 out of 50 kids HAVE OFFERS then no one should say someone else should make the list unless they ALSO HAVE OFFERS. And to this point no one has mentioned a kid not listed who has an actual offer. It would be foolish to say that us armchair QB's know more than the paid college scouts who's livelihood is based on getting this right.

With that said, I think Frakes should have to justify the 8 kids on this list not offered yet and be completely sure they are a step above the rest of the other non-offered kids.

With that said, I think Frakes should have to justify the 8 kids on this list not offered yet and be completely sure they are a step above the rest of the other non-offered kids.

I won't speak for him but here's how I would justify it:

Coaches and people who work with recruits said do.