Courier-Journal's list of Top 50 College Prospects in Kentucky

Let me rephrase it. They were beat consistently by other players who may of been slightly smaller or lacked name recognition. My point being if you didn't make a list or get some star ranking doesn't mean you are not a good ball player.

There are a lot of good ball players that are not college prospects.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For those who question the list, please name a player you thought was overlooked and list his credentials. i. e. Is the player listed on scout, rivals or any recruiting service? If listed, how are they ranked? What schools are recruiting them? What awards/recognition did the player achieve last year or in summer camps? etc. Basically, try to back up what you say with something more than your opinion.

A few that was forgotten.

Jacob Smith RB

Dillon Powell RB

Cameron Barnett RB

Bo Hebel OL

Tucker Mueller DL

David Sandlin OL

Cameron Racke QB

Ethan Stringer RB

Ron Rice OL/DL

Gage Tucker OL/DL

I think the key here is recruiting services. Not to take away from ones listed but I've heard stories about these recruiting services.

They have Deondre Pleasant listed good football player but not even Scott's best running back. Roberto London is really good.

Jason Frakes doesn't know much about NKY football players. I see they listed a X linebacker Dillon Powell ran past him several times!

Did you read the first post?

Jason "compiled" the list. The list came from coaches and recruiting services.

I think so. I think it sometimes gets forgotten with recruiting becoming more about hype over certain kids than anything else. I know several kids who were amazing football players that didn't get the opportunity to go to camps etc. now that being said there are some kids that should certainly be on that list.

Earlier this year I posted an opinion that the program in which you participate has influence over your recruitment exposure and credibility. The consensus was that there was so much highlight and game tape available, that everyone who was worthy of next level opportunity would be identified.

Well, if you accept that conclusion , and you accept this list as a credible list of prospects, then one would have to conclude that NKy does not produce a proportionate amount of next level prospects.

I disagree with that conclusion and assert that NKy football is disrespected, and will continue to be disrespected until we start going over the river and beating some folks over there! Furthermore, that disrespect hurts the recruitment of our athletes.