Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

DevilPride

Former Member
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by DevilPride

  1. I thought so. Russell and Raceland shared it last year because the 2 never played each other.
  2. I may be way off base out in left field but doesn't that make Raceland conference (EKC) champs as well? I mean it's not a district title but it's something to be proud of. Just spitballing lol
  3. We knew Raceland practiced at home . Too many Raceland/Russell fans were sending the texts and tweets. I always figured it would be whoever had the ball last. It was good to finally have this game back on the schedule. I was home crying myself to sleep much earlier than had it been a game 2 hours away lol. Congrats Rams and good luck in post play.
  4. My prediction is the team whos name starts with an "R" will win. Any takers?
  5. I think Drey has surprised everyone with his speed. The further he gets downfield the further he separates from the DBs. Landon is Mr versatility. There are several places he could excell at. He even played back up QB on the 2012 freshman team. Sammy is greatly missed but Drew (when fired up) has filled in nicely at times.
  6. These group of Seniors have went thru some good battles over the years. Whenever it came to the Black Bowl you could guarantee both teams were going to be in the championship. Here at Russell we have watched this Sr class ever since they held their first ball in flag. As freshman Russell's senior class out scored opponents 253-62 with the Raceland game being one of the tougher ones. I look for Friday to be no different. It will be a great atmosphere and I believe whoever has the ball last will win.
  7. I think most the heated rivalry is with the fans, parents and posters on here. As for the players of course they want to win and come away with bragging rights but a lot of these kids go to the same church together. They have each other as friends on social media. More so than other area schools. I think it's a no brainier to keep these two teams playing every year if possible. Beyond popular belief Russell never ended the series because we began to lose. Glad TJ fixed that problem. Lol
  8. I don't think the Devils are over confident at all. We knew the Pendleton and Lewis games were going to be less intense but Russell was really fired up for Bath because they have shown they can compete and put points on the board. No one knew they would fold so easily last night. These kids have had a whole new attitude since the Fleming game. It's probably not such a terrible thing in losing that game because up until then they had looked pretty flat.
  9. I think Raceland and Russell pretty much know how their seasons will eventually play out. Unless miracles happen in Raceland or Belfry catches the flu bug. Will be a good gate and great for the community. With that being said....Let The Trash Talking BEGIN!!! Lol
  10. He's got great football IQ
  11. I can only imagine it may be a game day decision. Will be ready in either way. How's that for vague. Lol
  12. You gotta remember. Most of Russell's linemen played if not started last year against Ashland. Greenups line was quick while Irontons was big. Ashlands is a good mixture of both. I believe the lines match up pretty well for this game.
  13. I agree...that is if Ashlands mission is to be 2-1 by week 4. Lol
  14. The way each team is playing right now it only has to help both the Devils and Tomcats get ready for district play. Devils have a "bend but don't break" defense while the cats have "Q" who in the past has put up nice numbers on Russell's own field. Should be a good one.
  15. Hopefully we can keep under the radar until playoffs. We thrive on being underdogs but I'm gonna wait till we assess the injuries before I make a pick. Will be a good game either way.
  16. Congrats to the Cats. Always pull for Ky teams against neighboring states.
  17. No I have not been misinformed. Granted this is from Ironton players roughly 3 years ago and also when Russell ran Ivan's wing T. Maybe I chose "practice hard" loosely but have always been told Ironton does not get up for this game as in other games.
  18. With having friends from Ironton I've always heard that Ironton never practices too hard for Russell. It will be a good game to have to get the Devils ready for Ashland though.
  19. I bet most were doodles of Russell players with angry emoji faces lol. All I know up to this point that is seeing how we played and knowing our next 2 opponents can only leave me standing in front of the mirror with a face like McCauly Caulkin
  20. I can see out of district kids going to Wheelersburg instead of Ironton in the future.
  21. Does Ashland ever go to Raceland to play? I'm sure there's room in Racelands press box.
  22. I just mean when you watch Nick Conley run opposed to maybe Spencer Cole. They have different turnover rates in which their feet hit the turf. That's what I meant by "runs faster than he appears to be". Lol
  23. Conleys Hudl says 4.54 but unsure when it was updated. He's very elusive for his size and with his long strides he runs faster than what it appears IMO. Nick Conley - Hudl

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.