Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

DevilPride

Former Member
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by DevilPride

  1. I can't see baker making any long runs up the middle. I do think he may see his longest runs outside and off the corners. Racelands line still matches up with Ashlands pretty well. Between the tackles Bakers 4.3 speed only means he's going to make contact with Racelands line that much faster than the other backs.
  2. I may recant on any previous statement about Raceland beating Ashland next week. I previously gave Raceland a nudge because of line strength. After the Raceland/WC game I'm not so sure. I say Ashland by 14 now.
  3. It's too early to predict being that the teams both Greenup and Russell have played being in scrimmage as well as in the Grid are all having a somewhat down season or rough start. I do believe Russell will win this contest by a decent margin. Conley will run like a scalded dog.
  4. I think the key here is recruiting services. Not to take away from ones listed but I've heard stories about these recruiting services.
  5. Had great runs by Cole,Blackburn, and Ison showing you can't just key on Conley. The receivers looked great and our RBs look at ease catching out of the backfield. Howard is our Darren Sproles of the bunch and can be a magnet to the ball. I'm really excited about this team.
  6. I thought Russell's passing game looked great. Good pass blocking and nice routes by our receivers. A few hiccups on offense and defense but to be expected in their first scrimmage against someone other than themselves. Should be a good season.
  7. Possibly Frank Jacobs. Played against him in the Recreation Bowl in Mt Sterling way back when.
  8. Conner has been moved to MLB and for his size and stature that probably is the best fit for him. He does resemble Arnold in the way they play but Landon owned that position. Would love to have someone like him again. Smittle is another that looks good at times. He has always had a knack for finding the ball...just never had much size to do anything when he got there but that's all changed. He's added some good pounds and looks solid there as well along with a few more players. I don't think the linebacker corp is really that weak at this point in the season. I just think we got spoiled having Korzep and Arnold. If there is any weakness I guarantee TJ will just rotate them around until someone mans up and solidifies that spot.
  9. I totally agree. Player "X" may not be good as a freshman or even a sophomore but you never know what he may become as a Senior. You go weeding them out too early you may just just accidentally weed out a rose or two. TJ rewards these types of kids by having 2 Capts for the coin toss accompanied by 2 players that have fought hard in practice to make the starters better.
  10. I could see JC moving up and Ashland dropping down in my opinion.
  11. In my opinion 7 on 7s are basically a good tool for whatever your team is looking at. Got a new QB? Let's see how good he reads the field. Got a new corner? Let's see how well he covers the flats. It's all in what you make of it. Everyone frowns on it because the defense knows it gonna be 100% pass but lineman do Oklahoma Drills and such when they know it's gonna be 100% run. In Russell's case they lost corners and linebackers so I'm sure they just want to see who can get to the ball quickly and angles to the ball so in their case I'm sure it's a good thing.
  12. From what I've heard Russell and Wheelersburg OH were in the championship game with Wheelersburg winning on Friday. Said all teams looked good with many games possibly going either way. Was told JC looked good as well as Fairviews QB.
  13. Doesn't have to be crowded game. Still takes an hour to get from point A to point B. Lol My grandfather played for Ashland so I know their stadium is a touchy subject. I just like to poke the bear at times. Lol
  14. I must admit Belfry has a really nice set up. I really can't find any flaws with it. If you take away tradition I really don't care for Ashlands stadium. Makes you feel like you're in a crowded elevator playing there. I never liked Racelands till they finally fixed their corner carpeted end zones. Who needs a track anyway. Surely not the track team who have their only state title lol. Ok all kidding aside I do like Ashland front area and Racelands lit up "RAMS" press box logo is pretty kick butt. Lol
  15. Good year yes....district title no. Having 2 fast and quick backs last year and coming up short shows you just how important line play is. Not busting on Ashlands line buts just not where it should be to compete with those other schools.
  16. Russell will have a pretty good year this year in my opinion. Offensively Conley is another year older and stronger. McKee is more confident in the system. Brewer will be a big offensive target while Ison and Cole will fill in at RB for Korzep. Defensively Arnold and Korzep will be hard to replace. I believe they are getting a healthy Sammy Smith back. He will be a huge contributor on the line.
  17. Would be nice to see him on the jumbo screen before the game in the pump up video
  18. I knew...I just knew the new comment was gonna be a number but no....I had to click on it. Lol
  19. Rumor....and it is just a rumor...but I've heard Marshall has invested a lot of time in recruiting him. Would be awesome to see him at Navy. I'm a Navy fan. Lol
  20. Rumor I was always told was that he lit up the minor league. Was an awesome player for the White Sox. His only downfall was he played behind Frank Thomas and never got called up.
  21. I'm not a huge fan of Ashlands helmets but I also wouldn't change them either. Too much history there to be messing around with them. On a side note...I'm sure glad Juan Thomas graduated years ago. (Above picture) lol
  22. It's hard for a team to find a helmet decal that is not used in pro or college but when they do I think it tends to make a teams uniform "POP".
  23. Does summer baseball take any of their kids away?
  24. Oh yes. Bourbon Co. I believe have the same style as well. Much better than the finger twisting jerseys I grew up with grabbing. Lol

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.