Raceland 36 West Carter 25

GOREDDEVILS

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Final.

Certainly wasn't a very impressive effort by the Rams, for quite a long while it looked like Raceland was just going trough the motions, showing no emotion. Rams special teams stunk ... 2 k/o run back for td's by West.

I am not taking anything away from WC, the Comets are a pretty good football team. Comet fans, imo you will have a good season. Good luck the rest of the way :thumb:

Certainly wasn't a very impressive effort by the Rams, for quite a long while it looked like Raceland was just going trough the motions, showing no emotion. Rams special teams stunk ... 2 k/o run back for td's by West.

I am not taking anything away from WC, the Comets are a pretty good football team. They play hard on Every play, although B. Brown Is vert good / explosive, WC is far more than a one man show. Comet fans, imo you will have a good season. Good luck the rest of the way

To add on to your special teams comment Old Rambler one of those kick off returns was by a lineman,

This game went exactly how I thought it would in terms of point differential and overall how the game would go. I don't think either team played to their potential this game so these teams will both be fine. I got West as the 2 spot in their district and Raceland as 1 in theirs.

Good game to listen and watch on stream!

Rams perhaps looking ahead to Ashland, maybe? They'd better patch up those holes on kickoff coverage this week. Outside of two long TDs by West Carter, Raceland's defense looked pretty good.

I'm not surprised at Raceland's difficulties moving the ball through the air. Davidson isn't Josh Young quite yet, and it's hard to replace playmakers like Messer and Dixon.

West Carter hung tough and should have their best team in years.

Congrats on the win, Rams.

Congrats on the win Rams. Christan kid #11 quick good looking player. D played ok not great. Will be a different animal next week. Special teams looked pretty bad outside of a few good hits. WC wore out most if not all their players play both ways with little rest.

That was a rough one to watch. There seems to be a lot of hype surrounding this team and in time they may deserve that hype, but not tonight. The offense is still finding its identity and rightfully so. I thought the defense played pretty good, for the most part. There's plenty to work on between week one and week two.

Raceland did what they had to do to win. West Carter played well and hard, hats off to them.

Raceland has to fix some things, like mentioned above, kick coverage is an area of concern.

Raceland offense took a big hit when Davidson hurt his ankle and wasn't able to run. He is a big part of the running game and that dimension was gone. He also didn't play on defense at all. That said west was big up front and had good speed that hurt the Rams. Obviously kick off team was not very good.

West was 0 of ten on third down conversions and had 4 first downs for the game.One long run and one long TD pass is all West had,and the two kick returns.Rams look slow to me.Snyder look really slow and if we have to throw the ball it's going to be bad. Wrong year for the Rams to finally beef up their schedule . Maybe they can get things fixed by the end of the year.

West was 0 of ten on third down conversions and had 4 first downs for the game.One long run and one long TD pass is all West had,and the two kick returns.Rams look slow to me.Snyder look really slow and if we have to throw the ball it's going to be bad. Wrong year for the Rams to finally beef up their schedule . Maybe they can get things fixed by the end of the year.

Agreed Raceland is not quick of foot and that lack of team speed is going to hurt this team most of the season. Everyone was nice food was good and only game in town Russell Greenup Fairview and half of Ashlands team and coaches were their watching.