Raceland 36 West Carter 25

No doubt huge advantage having a W under your belt in live game action. Raceland dominated the stat sheets just gave up huge plays. I'm sure they will play a lot better this Friday but don't think they have enough to contain Roberts Brown Thomas Baker and whoever plays QB.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Raceland was up 29-20 with the ball first and ten from somewhere around the 30 with 55 seconds left. West Carter has one timeout left Please explain to me why the play call was a pass play targeting a vertical route near the goal line.

Because Raceland only beating West Carter by 10 is not acceptable. They think they are going to win a State Championship. Not a very classy call by the staff. Plus their quarterback got rocked on the play good thing no injuries accrued by keeping the game going by greedy coaching decisions. Raceland is slow and if they are going to make some kind of title run they have a lot of work to do to make up for that. Raceland got the job done up front. How will they fare against better competition up front? Raceland could very well loose 4 games going into the playoffs. Congrats to Raceland on getting the job done last night. But I think the Raceland fans on here really need to check themselves with their expectations for this season.

I can't see baker making any long runs up the middle. I do think he may see his longest runs outside and off the corners. Racelands line still matches up with Ashlands pretty well. Between the tackles Bakers 4.3 speed only means he's going to make contact with Racelands line that much faster than the other backs.

Because Raceland only beating West Carter by 10 is not acceptable. They think they are going to win a State Championship. Not a very classy call by the staff. Plus their quarterback got rocked on the play good thing no injuries accrued by keeping the game going by greedy coaching decisions. Raceland is slow and if they are going to make some kind of title run they have a lot of work to do to make up for that. Raceland got the job done up front. How will they fare against better competition up front? Raceland could very well loose 4 games going into the playoffs. Congrats to Raceland on getting the job done last night. But I think the Raceland fans on here really need to check themselves with their expectations for this season.

Why would we change our expectations ? Two semi state runner ups in a row doesn't cut it anymore. You always wanna get better ? Raceland can get to bowling green don't judge a team off a first game with some special team errors. It's a great day to be a Ram.

I don't know about Roberts but Brown and Thomas are not faster than what they saw last night. Baker obviously is. I watched Brown and Thomas every game when they were at Fairview. That QB last night was easily faster than either of them.

FYI - Raceland fans along with the players and coaches expectations are Always High, that's how one gets a winning program and maintains it for around 80 yrs or so. Should you not expect success then you have only 2 things left ... mediocrity or failure. That imo is why some programs consistently win while others are constant losers - if you settle for failure then that's exactly what you get.

Plus.... I am convinced by the way that the WC kids played hard, never quit and did show class along with their fine coach being a class person and competitor and now with reading your post, that it's a very good thing they don't show your attitude or they may not win one all season.

Good luck to the Comets in the remainder of the season. I wish your kids the best.

Edited by oldrambler

Raceland was up 29-20 with the ball first and ten from somewhere around the 30 with 55 seconds left. West Carter has one timeout left Please explain to me why the play call was a pass play targeting a vertical route near the goal line.

I wasn't there, is that how Raceland scored their final TD? On a pass?

Thats what I am saying. Now, if they are even almost as fast, we could give up some big plays if we do not, contain and wrap up on first contact. There will be alot of pressure on our Lines this week to seal off and set the edge. If we win the battle upfront, we win the ball game. Idc how much speed they have. If that speed isnt upfront, it wont matter, so i expect the game with Ashland will end up alot like last years match up, tight down to the last second.

No it was in a run however they attempted a pass and then a run when they could have simply taken a knee.

I see. Gotta make it look better in the newspaper, since there was no running clock I guess.