Most Dangerous Towns in Kentucky

rockmom

Here is another "List" but of the safest this time...The 10 Safest Cities in Kentucky

There's another list out there that had L'burg (where I live) as the 3rd safest...this one had us 8th. Got to say, we have problems just like everybody else (drugs, domestic trouble, etc.) but as far as the city, there isn't one square foot of the city that you would have to worry about your 16 yo daughter if her car broke down in town.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's another list out there that had L'burg (where I live) as the 3rd safest...this one had us 8th. Got to say, we have problems just like everybody else (drugs, domestic trouble, etc.) but as far as the city, there isn't one square foot of the city that you would have to worry about your 16 yo daughter if her car broke down in town.

Probably different years as they will move year to year based on the crime statistics.

I live in Frankfort. There are many crooks, thieves and prostitutes there. Mainly they don't live there...they just go there for work. Things are generally safe on the weekends.

They come and go like the Martins.:jump:

I'm not buying Georgetown at #2 .

Also not buying that Louisville had the most murders in the first part of the year.

It's been a bad year. We're a good pace ahead of where the rate had been the last few years. I wish I knew more about why.

I'd imagine the steady rise of the heroin trade has factored in heavily.

I live in Frankfort. There are many crooks, thieves and prostitutes there. Mainly they don't live there...they just go there for work. Things are generally safe on the weekends.

I've only been in Frankfort a couple of times, and while there mostly just toured the downtown area, the old capital, the new capital, and the outside of the governor's mansion, and found it to be a laid back peaceful quiet place.

I'm certainly no authority on the area, but I never would've imagined that it suffered from any serious crime problems.

I've no doubt that what others are saying is true, but it really comes as a surprise to me considering the impression I had of the place when I visited. Mayberry pretty much came to mind while I was there, and I mean that as a compliment.

I'm surprised Lexington isn't #2 .

I would have never guessed this about Lexington either. The times I've been there have mostly been for the Sweet 16, but I was overwhelmingly impressed of how friendly, clean, and safe that it was.

Even considered at times that if I ever had enough of the grime of Covington, that paradise was just a short ride away. Compared to Covington, that's what it felt like to me.

Perhaps I'm just naive and there's more to Lexington than meets the eye. Hope this is not true because I've always had a high opinion of the place and considered it to be incredibly nice and friendly.

I would have never guessed this about Lexington either. The times I've been there have mostly been for the Sweet 16, but I was overwhelmingly impressed of how friendly, clean, and safe that it was.

Even considered at times that if I ever had enough of the grime of Covington, that paradise was just a short ride away. Compared to Covington, that's what it felt like to me.

Perhaps I'm just naive and there's more to Lexington than meets the eye. Hope this is not true because I've always had a high opinion of the place and considered it to be incredibly nice and friendly.

It's gotten crazy there in the past couple of years. Always be aware of your surroundings.

I've only been in Frankfort a couple of times, and while there mostly just toured the downtown area, the old capital, the new capital, and the outside of the governor's mansion, and found it to be a laid back peaceful quiet place.

I'm certainly no authority on the area, but I never would've imagined that it suffered from any serious crime problems.

I've no doubt that what others are saying is true, but it really comes as a surprise to me considering the impression I had of the place when I visited. Mayberry pretty much came to mind while I was there, and I mean that as a compliment.

We keep voting them in. :jump: