Why a black Sheriff said Obama is downplaying the TN shooting.

jericho

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If flags are going to be lowered for military personnel then the smart thing to do would be to keep the flags lowered at half mast everyday. Not sure why some military men should be honored more than all of them. Every day a soldier or a veteran dies. Honor me everyday. Not just when it fits an agenda.

If flags are going to be lowered for military personnel then the smart thing to do would be to keep the flags lowered at half mast everyday. Not sure why some military men should be honored more than all of them. Every day a soldier or a veteran dies. Honor me everyday. Not just when it fits an agenda.

A Soldier or Marine isn't murdered by a terrorist in this country every day.

Agree 100%.

True, which would lend this to being an exception. However, are there any set-in-stone rules about when flags are ordered to half-staff? I genuinely don't know.

True, which would lend this to being an exception. However, are there any set-in-stone rules about when flags are ordered to half-staff? I genuinely don't know.

I don't know either. Just pointing out that this isn't something that happens a lot.

So the soldier murdered by a terrorist in our country deserves special treatment over the soldier that was murdered in a foreign country by a terrorist? Keep in mind that the murdered soldier in a foreign country hasn't lived with his wife and kids in over 16 months and has had to Skype with his family the past Thanksgiving and Christmas. And also keep in mind that I am not belittling anyone's service to our country but it becomes a slippery slope if some soldiers are given a different treatment than others.

The real issue lies with not how low the flags are flying but in how our government turns their back on living, retired and disabled veterans.

So the soldier murdered by a terrorist in our country deserves special treatment over the soldier that was murdered in a foreign country by a terrorist? Keep in mind that the murdered soldier in a foreign country hasn't lived with his wife and kids in over 16 months and has had to Skype with his family the past Thanksgiving and Christmas. And also keep in mind that I am not belittling anyone's service to our country but it becomes a slippery slope if some soldiers are given a different treatment than others.

The real issue lies with not how low the flags are flying but in how our government turns their back on living, retired and disabled veterans.

Preach it Brother Pride!

#1 I never even implied any of that. In fact I just pointed out that your comment that soldiers die every day wasn't entirely true. It's not every day that an unarmed Marine is killed in our country, much less several in one attack.

And I just read that Obama has ordered the flags lowered. So is he folding under pressure, or is he valuing their lives more than other military?

#1 I never even implied any of that. In fact I just pointed out that your comment that soldiers die every day wasn't entirely true. It's not every day that an unarmed Marine is killed in our country, much less several in one attack.

And I just read that Obama has ordered the flags lowered. So is he folding under pressure, or is he valuing their lives more than other military?

I don't know if he is folding under pressure but for me a soldier is a soldier whether he is unarmed or not. If you're going to do for one you should do for all of them regardless of the circumstances of their untimely death.

He's folding. He has shown his true agenda. Martin, Brown, Garner, he calls the families. Marines and a sailor, silence.

When the people were killed in South Carolina we made no bones that it was racially driven. In Tennessee he is reluctant to mention it's an Islamic terrorist. Why? When a girl is murdered in San Francisco, the White House is silent. Why? Bottom line, they don't fit his agenda.

This country needs to wake up and stand up. This administration is despicable.