CovCath's New Football Helmet Logo

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not.A.Fan

CovCath goes from one of the most unique helmets in the State to an essentially generic helmet

Bingo.

From what I've been told, Cov Cath designed the "Comet Colonel" logo to make it clearly identifiable from any distance or any film that it was Cov Cath playing on the field. Now you can just add them to the woefully large number of teams that just have a big letter on the side. Completely, completely, completely un-creative.

Also...is it just me, or does it look like it was designed using a circa 1993 edition of Print Shop? I hope they didn't pay money for that.

StateChamp97 said:
They did.

As much as I realize I'm a homer in a lot of ways, I've always thought Cov Cath's football helmets stood out.

Who was on this graphic design hiring committee, though? I don't think they ended up with the best and brightest of the design field when they hired whatever sap they got to come up with that. I'd like to have heard that conversation take place.

CCH: Hey, we have zero need for a new, exciting, creative idea for a helmet logo, but we're gonna try to redesign the wheel anyway...what can you give us?

Graphic Designer: [scratches head.] Uuuuuuhhhhhhh....how 'bout a big C

CCH: Genius! How did you possibly come up with that? That's great!

Graphic Designer: Will you give me munnies for thinking?

Bingo.

From what I've been told, Cov Cath designed the "Comet Colonel" logo to make it clearly identifiable from any distance or any film that it was Cov Cath playing on the field. Now you can just add them to the woefully large number of teams that just have a big letter on the side. Completely, completely, completely un-creative.

Also...is it just me, or does it look like it was designed using a circa 1993 edition of Print Shop? I hope they didn't pay money for that.

IMO, I think it's all this overbearing PC junk, getting away from anything that is in reference to the old south(even though there were colonels in the old north). Look for a mascot change in the future as well. I will miss the iconic Colonel Comet Head, but I'm old school and we are regularly put out to pasture.

Edited by OlDog75