American Pharoah Is The Twelfth Horse To Win The Triple Crown

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any chance he races in the Breeders Cup? They said he would retire after this year, it would be great for him to end his career at Keeneland this fall.

If he does, instead of being crazy at Keeneland during the Breeders Cup it will be Bat Crap Crazy if he's there.

We ready to put to bed the theory about American Pharoah's slow run times? If I just read that right, AP just joined a pretty elite group of horses to run the Belmont in under 2:27.00.

Best part, wasnt even really running either.

Any chance he races in the Breeders Cup? They said he would retire after this year, it would be great for him to end his career at Keeneland this fall.

If he does, instead of being crazy at Keeneland during the Breeders Cup it will be Bat Crap Crazy if he's there.

I doubt he ever races again. Too much $$ in stud fees lost if something crazy happens. Owners really don't have much of a choice. It would be a huge gamble if he ran again.

I doubt he ever races again. Too much $$ in stud fees lost if something crazy happens. Owners really don't have much of a choice. It would be a huge gamble if he ran again.

Wonder why they can't store his sperm in a bank and continue to provide his off spring in the event of a tragedy?

Does this do ANYTHING for thoroughbred racing? Just asking.

Two possible ways, and I think both would be short-term fixes — band-aids on a 6-inch wound:

A) The Zayats continue to race Pharoah at least through Breeder's Cup at Keeneland. Racing him on at 4 would also do wonders, but we all know that's not happening. Not when there's Storm Cat money to be made from his seed.

B) In between breeding shed sessions, the Zayats take Pharoah on a goodwill rockstar tour of racetracks around the country to get fans out to the track that day. If nothing else, it would make those places busier for at least that day, and possibly reconnect with some old racing fans who just don't go to the track as much as they used to.

The likeliest scenario is this helps for a bit, but racing just ain't ever gonna be what it used to be, TC winner or not. Turfway Park is still going to end up closing, and Pimlico's still gonna be a dump.

Offspring wouldn't be able to race as thoroughbreds. Gotta be a live mount.

Thanks Jim.

Your other points well taken. TP had a flea market set up in their parking lot yesterday. I was flabbergasted. Of all days, they block off their huge lot for a junk sale. They will close soon. The place is a dumpster that needs to be set on fire.

Make it a great Sunday.

Well to run 2:26:65 with no one running with him and a hand ride.......that was a huge effort.

Second 3/4 of a mile was faster than first 3/4.......that is almost unheard of in racing.

That's what made Secretariat's race in KY Derby so great. Every quarter pole he was faster than the previous quarter.

We ready to put to bed the theory about American Pharoah's slow run times? If I just read that right, AP just joined a pretty elite group of horses to run the Belmont in under 2:27.00.

The run times in all the races at Belmont Park were really fast yesterday. I don't know why but they were. Absolutely not taking anything away from AP. I watched AP in the last four races that he won, mostly hand ridden and deserved to win the triple crown. Kudos to Victor for not letting Murphy's law have any say in the matter. :dancingpa