American Pharoah Is The Twelfth Horse To Win The Triple Crown

If I'm not mistaken I believe at one time Secretariat also held a world or American record for a turf course.

Probably the Man-O-War stakes. He basically coasted to 2:26 and change. There was another horse Tentan that would run at him, as soon as he would get close, Secretariat would ease out again. Won by 5 or 6 lengths without any urging.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like that list... mostly. I'd have Native Dancer and Citation above a couple of those others in the top ten, but my top four is identical to theirs.

I wonder where Wise Dan will fall on the list when he officially retires?

He is back to galloping now, and it is possible if he continues to be sound that he makes one last Breeder's Cup race since it is across the street from his barn.

He is my absolute favorite among "active" horses.

I wonder where Wise Dan will fall on the list when he officially retires?

He is back to galloping now, and it is possible if he continues to be sound that he makes one last Breeder's Cup race since it is across the street from his barn.

He is my absolute favorite among "active" horses.

Me too. I assume he'll do at least one prep sometime late summer or so if he's going to run at Keeneland.

Woodbine Mile in September? Or maybe Keeneland? He's run the Shadwell there ahead of the Breeders' Cup on several occasions.

Me too. I assume he'll do at least one prep sometime late summer or so if he's going to run at Keeneland.

Woodbine Mile in September? Or maybe Keeneland? He's run the Shadwell there ahead of the Breeders' Cup on several occasions.

Maybe I can sneak over to the barn in the next week or so and get the scoop.

• 3 weeks later...