1977 Seattle Slew * 126 2:29 3/5

1948 Citation * 126 2:28 1/5

1946 Assault * 126 2:30 4/5

1943 Count Fleet * 126 2:28 1/5

1941 Whirlaway * 126 2:31

1937 War Admiral * 126 2:28 3/5

1935 Omaha * 126 2:30 3/5

1930 Gallant Fox * 126 2:31 3/5

I am so glad that he not only won but won with a very solid time...I knew as soon as he crossed the line (before hearing the time) people would be knocking the field as being weak or watered down.

When they started down the stretch for just a few seconds I thought he was starting to fade...then there he went pulling away. That was AWESOME!!!

I love that we have another Triple Crown winner. How cool was it that Penny Chenery was there? I wonder if she has been every time we've had a TC contender these past 30+ years?

Icing on the cake is that this horse is not owned by Steve Coburn.

I remember when they showed her right before the race and thinking that I don't recall her ever being at any of the others. I could be wrong, as I'm not one to watch all the pregame buildup. I don't recall her being mentioned in any of the recap stories in the C-J and H-L either, and you would think they'd mention it.

Does this do ANYTHING for thoroughbred racing? Just asking.

Actually in a strange way it could help this year and then hurt in the coming years. Just think of how much build-up there was each year in search of the Triple Crown over the last 30 plus years....now we have one so the buzz will last until maybe next year. But 2, 3, 4 years from now will there be as much buzz as there has been in the past 30 years?