Holmes 18

Holy Cross 8

2nd Chance Pts

Holmes 12

Holy Cross 4

Score by Qtr

Holmes 17-22-19-19---77

Holy Cross 16-18-12-20--66

Could next year finally be the year Holy Cross returns to the regional tournament? I think so. This district is loaded every year with CCH, Holmes, and Holy Cross. One of them needs to be put in a different district, I think this would make for a more interesting regional tournament. If Holy Cross or CCH were moved into Dixie's district this would allow for more parity in the ninth region as a whole.

Could next year finally be the year Holy Cross returns to the regional tournament? I think so. This district is loaded every year with CCH, Holmes, and Holy Cross. One of them needs to be put in a different district, I think this would make for a more interesting regional tournament. If Holy Cross or CCH were moved into Dixie's district this would allow for more parity in the ninth region as a whole.

Totally agree, honestly I think that the KHSAA sees COVINGTON Catholic COVINGTON Holmes and COVINGTON Holy Cross and they will never move any of them because of this. As an HC fan I sure wish they would, but it is what it is!

Could next year finally be the year Holy Cross returns to the regional tournament? I think so. This district is loaded every year with CCH' date=' Holmes, and Holy Cross. One of them needs to be put in a different district, I think this would make for a more interesting regional tournament. If Holy Cross or CCH were moved into Dixie's district this would allow for more parity in the ninth region as a whole.[/quote']

There are two traditional powers in the 35th. Why weaken it by moving one to the 34th?

This is hilarious, because Holy Cross hasn't been able to get to region someone needs to move out? That is such an ego centric view and to think that would somehow bring more parity to the 9th region is also laughable. All teams and districts go in cycles, up and down, this district is no different than any other.

That would be like moving some of the Louisville teams out of the 7th region to get more parity at the state tournament. How would you feel about that argument?

It is what it is and typically districts are designed with geographical location in mind and school's proximities to each other.

Sure, at times realignment proves necessary when some schools close, or new schools open, but to realign for the reasons you suggest would be shortsighted and would not fall under the category of necessary.

Team programs, while the ones we are discussing here are pretty consistent, still roller coaster from year to year. It's not out of the question for a team like Holy Cross to stay right where they are and manage to make some real noise from season to season. They've certainly done it before.

In the 34th, Dixie and St. Henry are traditionally competitive programs, so with what you suggest adding CovCath or Holy Cross to their district would just shift the overly competitive issue that you were wishing to correct, and now it would just be a different district that can't send all its great teams to the Regional tournament.

It's fair the way that it is. To shift things for the reasons you suggest, it highly smells of just setting things up for certain people's desired results, which in the end doesn't seem fair at all, nor would it correct what you set out to correct anyhow.

It is what it is and typically districts are designed with geographical location in mind and school's proximities to each other.

Sure, at times realignment proves necessary when some schools close, or new schools open, but to realign for the reasons you suggest would be shortsighted and would not fall under the category of necessary.

Team programs, while the ones we are discussing here are pretty consistent, still roller coaster from year to year. It's not out of the question for a team like Holy Cross to stay right where they are and manage to make some real noise from season to season. They've certainly done it before.

In the 34th, Dixie and St. Henry are traditionally competitive programs, so with what you suggest adding CovCath or Holy Cross to their district would just shift the overly competitive issue that you were wishing to correct, and now it would just be a different district that can't send all its great teams to the Regional tournament.

It's fair the way that it is. To shift things for the reasons you suggest, it highly smells of just setting things up for certain people's desired results, which in the end doesn't seem fair at all, nor would it correct what you set out to correct anyhow.

Totally agree with what you're saying but can you answer me one question, why did Ludlow and Beechwood switch Districts in the 05/06 season? There were no consolidations that I can remember?

Look, you can say all you want about talent in each District coming around and going around, but CCH and Holmes have talent year in and year out, heck they have each won the state in the past 6 years.

Like I said earlier, the District is what it is and I'm not complaining about it at all and there is really nothing any of us can do about it so we will go out and play the games and try not to think about it!!

This is hilarious, because Holy Cross hasn't been able to get to region someone needs to move out? That is such an ego centric view and to think that would somehow bring more parity to the 9th region is also laughable. All teams and districts go in cycles, up and down, this district is no different than any other.

That would be like moving some of the Louisville teams out of the 7th region to get more parity at the state tournament. How would you feel about that argument?

Well I don't have a dog in this fight, but a few years ago Holy Cross won the All A state title, and didn't make the regional thats a bummer for those kids. I think they could have made some noise in the regional tournament. Now as far as moving Louisville schools out of the region, no. However, I do think re-districting every few years is beneficial.

A little surprised that the game was this close.

On the district make-up, I don't see how you could justify three Covington schools not being in the same district. AirYardGo asked a question I have always wondered about - how did Beechwood end up in the district instead of Ludlow? Geographically, Ludlow fits better in the 35th.

Totally agree with what you're saying but can you answer me one question, why did Ludlow and Beechwood switch Districts in the 05/06 season? There were no consolidations that I can remember?

Look, you can say all you want about talent in each District coming around and going around, but CCH and Holmes have talent year in and year out, heck they have each won the state in the past 6 years.

Like I said earlier, the District is what it is and I'm not complaining about it at all and there is really nothing any of us can do about it so we will go out and play the games and try not to think about it!!

What year did SK & Scott move out of the 9th region?