Is Tom Brady greatest QB ever???

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's in the team picture. Elway was the best I ever saw. Montana, Brady are my top 3. This win has to be a separator to make Brady the best in this era over Manning, IMO.

So you don't think Manning could have been as successful as Brady had he spent all of his career in New England?

So you don't think Manning could have been as successful as Brady had he spent all of his career in New England?

Nope. Manning struggles in cold or tough conditions and that happens a lot in new england. Peyton has had one of the top teams each year and then his playoff performance slips. Peyton had tons of talent in Indy to throw to in Harrison and Wayne and Dallas Clark. Then same thing in Denver. Bradys supporting cast on offense most of his career has sucked compared to Manning's. In fact the few years Brady did have as good of a supporting cast when he had Moss and people he set NFL records. So he showed he could do it too like Manning when he had had as much offensive talent around him.

I have said it before Peyton is the greatest regular season qb of all time. However when you factor everything into it Brady gets the nod over him.

Not even close to the greatest QB ever.

We live in an era where for some reason everyone wants to appoint a present day player as the best ever. I never understood that.

Tom Brady may be the most accomplished QB but no way is he the greatest QB.

Montana has never lost a SB and by the way neither has Bradshaw. Tom Brady lost 2 and should have been 3 if not for the worst play call in the history of the Super Bowl.

Add to that the cloud of cheating that will forever hang over his head in many peoples view. Brady in 3 of his 4 Super Bowl wins was won by his defense and not him or his offense. He also did not deserve the MVP last night. Edelman was much more worthy.

If Lynch scores that final TD instead of Wilson throwing a pick, are we having this conversation?

I am actually more impressed by the teams success when the talent on both sides of the ball sucked!!!!! This is the first time in 10 years the Patriots have a defense,

If you are going to use Super Bowls as the gauge in which you measure QB's. Then I would say the greatest QB ever who has ever played would be Otto Graham who only played 10 years but had his Browns in 10 straight championship games and winning 7 of them.

That is something Brady doesn't even come close to. The reason many don't even think of Graham is because he didn't play in the ESPN era where only athletes today can be considered the best ever.

Give me Graham's record over any QB in the history of the game. He led his team to the championship game every year from 1946-1955 winning 7 of those championship games.

Graham finished his career with a 114-20 record. That would be the greatest if everyone is so much in a hurry to crown a player that plays today. How about measuring that QB with all the QB's in the history of the game?

I haven't seen them all, but Staubach, Montana, Marino and others that I did see... They played in an era where you could hit the QB and drill receivers, etc.

Rules are much more in QB's favor now... If we're talking this era, I definitely take Brady over Manning... No question about that.

Old school quarterbacks often looked like this:

314x400px-YA-Tittle_1964_Classic_NY_Giants_image.jpeg

If you are going to use Super Bowls as the gauge in which you measure QB's. Then I would say the greatest QB ever who has ever played would be Otto Graham who only played 10 years but had his Browns in 10 straight championship games and winning 7 of them.

That is something Brady doesn't even come close to. The reason many don't even think of Graham is because he didn't play in the ESPN era where only athletes today can be considered the best ever.

Give me Graham's record over any QB in the history of the game. He led his team to the championship game every year from 1946-1955 winning 7 of those championship games.

Hard to argue...

I haven't seen them all, but Staubach, Montana, Marino and others that I did see... They played in an era where you could hit the QB and drill receivers, etc.

Rules are much more in QB's favor now... If we're talking this era, I definitely take Brady over Manning... No question about that.

I agree with everything you are saying here but keep in mind that the same rules that apply to Brady now apply to all the other QB's too...and in 13 years he has been on the winning SB team 4 times, been to the SB 6 times and has been to the AFC Championship 9 times. In an era of parity, his team seems to be at the top almost every year.

If Lynch scores that final TD instead of Wilson throwing a pick, are we having this conversation?

I am actually more impressed by the teams success when the talent on both sides of the ball sucked!!!!! This is the first time in 10 years the Patriots have a defense,

I agree with everyone saying that SB's should not be the only barometer for judging QB's. But let's be fair...if not for Tyree's miraculous catch and Welker's drop followed by Manning's incredible throw to Manningham, the Pats may have 6 SB championships now...and just like Brady was not on the field for the end of last night, he was not on the field when those crazy plays beat his team too.

You cannot totally take out SB titles when talking about the greatest ever because that is what the ultimate goal of every team is. But Brady's numbers stack up with them all even if you take away a couple of his team's titles.

Not even close to the greatest QB ever.

We live in an era where for some reason everyone wants to appoint a present day player as the best ever. I never understood that.

Tom Brady may be the most accomplished QB but no way is he the greatest QB.

Montana has never lost a SB and by the way neither has Bradshaw. Tom Brady lost 2 and should have been 3 if not for the worst play call in the history of the Super Bowl.

Add to that the cloud of cheating that will forever hang over his head in many peoples view. Brady in 3 of his 4 Super Bowl wins was won by his defense and not him or his offense. He also did not deserve the MVP last night. Edelman was much more worthy.

I love Montana and thought Bradshaw was very good (not great) but by using that logic, you are saying it is better for your legacy to lose in the playoffs before the SB than it is to get to the SB and lose the SB. Makes no sense...