Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Is Tom Brady greatest QB ever???

Featured Replies

I agree with everything you are saying here but keep in mind that the same rules that apply to Brady now apply to all the other QB's too...and in 13 years he has been on the winning SB team 4 times, been to the SB 6 times and has been to the AFC Championship 9 times. In an era of parity, his team seems to be at the top almost every year.

 

And Eli Manning is 2 fo 2 in Super Bowls. I agree Brady is in the conversation. I don't see it as a slam dunk.

  • Replies 289
  • Views 35.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, and Belichick is the greatest coach ever.

I'd say he's definitely top 5. But I think when you get there either one of the 5 have a case to be the best ever.

 

Montana

Elway

Johnny U

Brady

Marino

 

Anyone of these guys could be number 1.

No doubt there are several QB's in the conversation and some have better tools than Brady. Brady's SB record breaks any ties for me as that's why they play the game.

No doubt there are several QB's in the conversation and some have better tools than Brady. Brady's SB record breaks any ties for me as that's why they play the game.

 

So having 2 losses is better than having 0 losses in the SB and still having 4 SB wins?

 

That doesn't make a lot of sense. Also if you are simply comparing the number of SB's Brady has been to then you missed my earlier post. Otto Graham led his team to the championship game every year he played and won 7 out of 10 of them. That would mean Brady would have to win 3 more SB's before he retires to even equal that feat.

 

I believe many want to put Tom Brady as the greatest ever simply because he is the one playing today that people can see. That is not a good reason to label him the greatest ever. You need to go by facts which is being ignored.

I don't ever remember growing up (born in 1959) hearing about how many rings so-and-so won.
That's because you are older than dirt and nobdy had rings back then. :D
If you are going to use Super Bowls as the gauge in which you measure QB's. Then I would say the greatest QB ever who has ever played would be Otto Graham who only played 10 years but had his Browns in 10 straight championship games and winning 7 of them.

 

That is something Brady doesn't even come close to. The reason many don't even think of Graham is because he didn't play in the ESPN era where only athletes today can be considered the best ever.

 

Give me Graham's record over any QB in the history of the game. He led his team to the championship game every year from 1946-1955 winning 7 of those championship games.

 

Graham finished his career with a 114-20 record. That would be the greatest if everyone is so much in a hurry to crown a player that plays today. How about measuring that QB with all the QB's in the history of the game?

 

GreyFox: You beat me to the punch. I couldn't have said it better. I was waiting for this thread to get started so I could argue for Graham. I am so up on Graham I can't help but repeat some of the things you already said... had his team in the championship game every season he played (10) and won 7 of them. Has highest winning percentage by far. He passed his team to the championship and ran his team to the championship. He was a hard-nosed player. Greatest competitor to ever play the game. Automatic Otto gets the nod as greatest quarterback ever and it isn't even close--based on the most important statistic in the game, some would say the only statistic that matters--Wins!

Most Super Bowl appearances in NFL history? Check

Most Super Bowl victories for a QB in NFL history? Check (tied)

Most playoff completions in NFL history? Check

Most postseason passing yards in NFL history? Check

Most postseason TDs in NFL history? Check

Most wins in NFL postseason history? Check

5th most passing yards in NFL history

5th most pass completions in NFL history

5th most TDs in NFL history

3rd most game-winning drives in NFL history

3rd most comeback wins in NFL history

 

Hard to argue with greatness.

 

I'll give people Elway and Montana, but Brady's right there with them.

 

Obviously I'm biased, I'd rank them Brady, Montana, Elway, but those 3 in any order can't really be argued IMO.

Old school quarterbacks often looked like this:

 

314x400px-YA-Tittle_1964_Classic_NY_Giants_image.jpeg

 

YA Tittle--NY Giants. That was when they didn't coddle the quarterback like they do now.

That doesn't make a lot of sense. Also if you are simply comparing the number of SB's Brady has been to then you missed my earlier post. Otto Graham led his team to the championship game So having 2 losses is better than having 0 losses in the SB and still having 4 SB wins?

 

every year he played and won 7 out of 10 of them. That would mean Brady would have to win 3 more SB's before he retires to even equal that feat.

 

I believe many want to put Tom Brady as the greatest ever simply because he is the one playing today that people can see. That is not a good reason to label him the greatest ever. You need to go by facts which is being ignored.

 

Yes, getting there 6 times and winning 4 is better than getting your team there 4 times. Much better. Add in the skill set of today's players and yes, Brady is much better than Graham.

Most Super Bowl appearances in NFL history? Check

Most Super Bowl victories for a QB in NFL history? Check (tied)

Most playoff completions in NFL history? Check

Most postseason passing yards in NFL history? Check

Most postseason TDs in NFL history? Check

Most wins in NFL postseason history? Check

5th most passing yards in NFL history

5th most pass completions in NFL history

5th most TDs in NFL history

3rd most game-winning drives in NFL history

3rd most comeback wins in NFL history

 

Hard to argue with greatness.

 

I'll give people Elway and Montana, but Brady's right there with them.

 

Obviously I'm biased, I'd rank them Brady, Montana, Elway, but those 3 in any order can't really be argued IMO.

 

Most championship game appearances? uncheck

Most consecutive championship appearances? uncheck

Most championship game victories? uncheck

Overall winning percentage? uncheck

Integrity?

 

Make no mistake about it, Tom Brady is a great quarterback. But he ain't no Otto Graham.

Yes, getting there 6 times and winning 4 is better than getting your team there 4 times. Much better. Add in the skill set of today's players and yes, Brady is much better than Graham.

 

Better read that again. Graham was in 10 title games and won 7. He was in a title game EVERY year he played! Brady's achievements, though very impressive, do not stack up to Graham's.

Better read that again. Graham was in 10 title games and won 7. He was in a title game EVERY year he played! Brady's achievements, though very impressive, do not stack up to Graham's.

 

Sorry, I have little respect for what the NFL was producing in the way of talented teams back then. I heavily favor the league of today over the past, therefore I take the modern players over the past players.

Sorry, I have little respect for what the NFL was producing in the way of talented teams back then. I heavily favor the league of today over the past, therefore I take the modern players over the past players.

 

Weren't there only like 10 teams back then?

Weren't there only like 10 teams back then?

 

About 10 in the 40's, a couple more in the early 50's.

 

Not that I remember personally.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.