February 2, 201511 yr I Dont get people now questioning the passes Brady threw yesterday because there were not to many down field. You Dont throw down field just to throw.Seattles defense is weakest in the middle and so the Pats took advantage of what they gave them. Let's not forget this defense demolished last years super bowl participant and was one of the best again this year. So if someone throws 4 TDs with a 70 completion percentage and over 300 yards with basically a bunch of slot receivers, running backs and a te that is impressive. He missed a few throws but even the one pick I would say was just a great play by that defender. You are missing the point. No one is saying he should have thrown different passes. He did exactly what he should have done and the gameplan called for short passes and they worked to perfection. No one is dismissing that at all. You and some others are stuck on the belief that he completed just as many of those completions by shredding the defense downfield and that just isn't close to the truth. No one says he did anything wrong. Simply saying when he had to go downfield he was unsuccessful more times than not in that area. Nothing wrong with the game plan at all, it was brilliant if you ask me, but don't make him out to be better than he actually was when having to make the other throws a QB needed to make last night. Wilson was a better passer downfield last night than Brady plain and simple. Again, nothing wrong with what Brady did, don't read into it too much. I think you and some others are doing just that.
February 2, 201511 yr Rumor is Richard Sherman may need Tommy John surgery in the off season. Yep. Gutsy effort by that guy. He's a loud-mouth and is an in your face personality, but guy is a hell of a player, and he made no excuses last night. I want him on my team if I'm starting one.
February 2, 201511 yr You just said you'd take Eli over Tom Brady. I quoted it, so you couldn't edit it. Again, you just said you'd take Eli over Tom Brady. I would NOT take Eli over Brady. Hell no. However, Eli is the one QB I would least like to play. He and Flacco have that ability to be horrendous or turn in to an All Pro when you least expect it. I can't explain it.
February 2, 201511 yr You just said you'd take Eli over Tom Brady. I quoted it, so you couldn't edit it. Again, you just said you'd take Eli over Tom Brady. I said when the SB is on the line I'd take Eli or Montana over Brady. The reason is, neither one of them have ever lost a SB and both have had to make 4th qtr come from behind wins with time running out. Don't try and say I'd take Eli over Brady any other time as you are trying to make it sound like. Read my first line of that post. It states Super Bowl. In the Super Bowls Eli has won everytime he has played in one. He also won them over Tom Brady Both Times. Montana has never lost a SB. Brady lost two of them, and may I add again, he lost both to Eli Manning.
February 2, 201511 yr You are missing the point. No one is saying he should have thrown different passes. He did exactly what he should have done and the gameplan called for short passes and they worked to perfection. No one is dismissing that at all. You and some others are stuck on the belief that he completed just as many of those completions by shredding the defense downfield and that just isn't close to the truth. No one says he did anything wrong. Simply saying when he had to go downfield he was unsuccessful more times than not in that area. Nothing wrong with the game plan at all, it was brilliant if you ask me, but don't make him out to be better than he actually was when having to make the other throws a QB needed to make last night. Wilson was a better passer downfield last night than Brady plain and simple. Again, nothing wrong with what Brady did, don't read into it too much. I think you and some others are doing just that. I don't know how accurate that is. He completed at least 4. I don't know that he threw more than 7 or 8 downfield.
February 2, 201511 yr Yep. Gutsy effort by that guy. He's a loud-mouth and is an in your face personality, but guy is a hell of a player, and he made no excuses last night. I want him on my team if I'm starting one. I want him on my team with the contingency that he shuts the hell up.
February 2, 201511 yr I said when the SB is on the line I'd take Eli or Montana over Brady. The reason is, neither one of them have ever lost a SB and both have had to make 4th qtr come from behind wins with time running out. I guess being down 10 in the 4th against the best* defense in the NFL and going 13-15 for 2 TD's isn't good enough.
February 2, 201511 yr You just said you'd take Eli over Tom Brady. I quoted it, so you couldn't edit it. Again, you just said you'd take Eli over Tom Brady. I most certainly wouldn't take Eli over Brady, but if Brady is blessed enough to play in a 7th SB, there isn't a QB in the league I'd want to see across the field less than Eli. Kid is the kryptonite to Brady's superman.
February 2, 201511 yr I most certainly wouldn't take Eli over Brady, but if Brady is blessed enough to play in a 7th SB, there isn't a QB in the league I'd want to see across the field less than Eli. Kid is the kryptonite to Brady's superman. I think you have to put Flacco in there too. At least partial kryptonite. Hell, he should have beat Brady this post-season, imo. Again, you can't explain it. The next game both will go out and play the Bucaneers and throw 4 picks.
February 2, 201511 yr You touched on something that you seem to ignore. You state the Brady didn't have a lot of talent around him in all his super bowls. That also plays into the point that the defense was the reason he won the majority of those 4 super bowls, including last night. Something that is very telling that is being overlooked is the fact that many would say the most talent he has had on offense in his super bowls are the 2 he actually lost. Those two are also when his defense wasn't as good as the other years. That should say something also don't you think? You want to talk about his 6 SB's then why don't you give Graham credit for his 10 championship games? There were 12-13 teams when Graham played and the most that ever made the playoffs were 4 and several times only 2 made the playoffs which is a lower percentage of teams that make the post season than during Brady's era. I give him credit for that. You stated you wanted to talk about facts and I am sharing them with you. What Graham did in his era was great no doubt. However if we are going to count those championships then I guess we should start counting championships won by guys in the CFL or the leagues in Europe or any other professional league. This league came the great league it is once the leagues combined right? So if we want to count things before that then we need to count every professional league besides the NFL. I think they showed a stat that Brady had the most come back victories in the post season correct? Even in the two super bowl losses he led his teams down to scores that would have won them the game if not for the defense. Also since you want to talk about defenses. The steelers super bowls in the 70s were mostly cause of the defense correct? The Montana 49ers I believe had very good defenses but I can't remember. However the last few super bowls he won came with having the best wide receiver of all time. So all teams had other things that helped those guys win super bowls. Brady has the post season stats, numbers and wins. He has had the regular season wins and stats and records too when he had talent to throw to like others. So he has the super bowls but that's not all he has.
February 2, 201511 yr Well, since there is no way of knowing how Brady would have played in the 50's, 60's, 70's, 80's... And Graham, Tarkenton, Staubach, Bradshaw, Unitas, Elway, Marino, etc cannot play today... Maybe the question should be, "who is your favorite QB of all time?" Instead of "greatest" which is just impossible to say when comparing eras.... Personally, I can't pick a "favorite"... But all the guys I just mentioned are on my list.
February 2, 201511 yr I guess being down 10 in the 4th against the best* defense in the NFL and going 13-15 for 2 TD's isn't good enough. Most 4th quarter comeback wins in NFL playoff history. He's had the ball down in the 4th quarter 12 times in the postseason. 9 of those have ended in Patriots victories. Those balls aren't deflated. :lol2:
February 2, 201511 yr I am not sure why I am arguing this. I guess its nice arguing for a truly good qb for once instead of what I have to see with Dalton haha.
February 2, 201511 yr I said when the SB is on the line I'd take Eli or Montana over Brady. The reason is, neither one of them have ever lost a SB and both have had to make 4th qtr come from behind wins with time running out. Don't try and say I'd take Eli over Brady any other time as you are trying to make it sound like. Read my first line of that post. It states Super Bowl. In the Super Bowls Eli has won everytime he has played in one. He also won them over Tom Brady Both Times. Montana has never lost a SB. Brady lost two of them, and may I add again, he lost both to Eli Manning. Bradshaw didn't lose one either. And won 4.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.