February 2, 201511 yr I say yes. He has QB'd his team to 6 Super Bowls and his team has now won 4, both are records or tied for the record. Also, he is a total team guy...restructured his deal to allow the team to keep more guys, has played with average at best receivers for the most part in his career and is an incredibly hard worker and leader in the locker room. He also plays well in any weather conditions. I cannot come up with any real negatives for him - he is just a winner.
February 2, 201511 yr IMO, yes. And he may end up with a 5th ring before it's said and done in a class by himself.
February 2, 201511 yr Author I think its between Brady and Montana imo. I give Brady the edge because of the talent Montana had around him (Rice and Taylor and Roger Craig). He also had a great coach (Walsh) but so does Brady. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love Montana but I give the edge to Brady. Interesting that Brady was a 6th round pick and Montana was a 3rd round pick (I think). NFL scouting is certainly not an exact science.
February 2, 201511 yr No. I hate Super Bowls as a gauge for that question. Had a discussion with swamprat the other night about this subject. We both agreed on Dan Marino for that honor. Imagine Marino with the players that Brady, Montana and a few others had around them.
February 2, 201511 yr Unitas has the championships and accolades as we all know. What stands out to me is he threw a touchdown pass in 48 consecutive games, a record that stood for 52 years.
February 2, 201511 yr No. I hate Super Bowls as a gauge for that question. Had a discussion with swamprat the other night about this subject. We both agreed on Dan Marino for that honor. Imagine Marino with the players that Brady, Montana and a few others had around them. Exactly. Brady didn't win 4 Super Bowls. New England won 4 Super Bowls. This obsession with championships only started around 25-30 years ago. I don't ever remember growing up (born in 1959) hearing about how many rings so-and-so won.
February 2, 201511 yr To be honest, I think Andrew Luck will be right up there with Brady by the end of his career.
February 2, 201511 yr I haven't seen them all, but Staubach, Montana, Marino and others that I did see... They played in an era where you could hit the QB and drill receivers, etc. Rules are much more in QB's favor now... If we're talking this era, I definitely take Brady over Manning... No question about that.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.