Is Covington Catholic really that good a job?

Cynical

I believe all the assistant coaches at CCH are paid, at most of the public schools that I am aware of only have six or seven including the head coach are paid.

Almost certain that the only football coaches that are paid are: head coach, head Frosh coach, O coordinator and D coordinator

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Almost certain that the only football coaches that are paid are: head coach, head Frosh coach, O coordinator and D coordinator

If that's true, it makes Cov. Cath an even harder sell in my book. That is brutal.

...but again, I reiterate what several others have said, and what I said in my initial post: Cov. Cath is a good job relative to the rest of the state. Though, I think this tread has shown some major warts that may have been too much for the last staff to overcome...or the next staff too.

Question for those in the know about the Diocese of Covington in terms of staff compensation:

Do teachers' children get a break on or free tuition for those attending Catholic schools? Does this apply to coaches as well if this is the case, or only those who are actually full-time teachers?

Seems like that would help overcome some of the pay discrepancy issues for some coaches who have school-aged kids.

Question for those in the know about the Diocese of Covington in terms of staff compensation:

Do teachers' children get a break on or free tuition for those attending Catholic schools? Does this apply to coaches as well if this is the case, or only those who are actually full-time teachers?

Seems like that would help overcome some of the pay discrepancy issues for some coaches who have school-aged kids.

Can somebody shed some light on my question? Weird that it just died on the vine like that.

Can somebody shed some light on my question? Weird that it just died on the vine like that.

I can't speak for the entire diocese, but I do have a friend that teaches at a Catholic grade school. I believe they still have to pay tuition for their daughter to attend the school, but it comes with a significant discount. I believe it only applies at that school (i.e. mom's employer), and the discount is not diocese-wide.

Teachers in the Diocese of Covington do get a discount on tuition. I'm not positive of the % though. I want to say it's 50%. That discount applies to high schools as well if the teacher is a grade school teacher.

Absolutely agree 100%. I loved watching Coach Ray's team, I loved playing for him, and I still respect him more than a lot of people on the face of the earth, but when Coach Mueller brought about a whole new game at Highlands - particularly with the platoon system - Coach Ray struggled to keep up with Highlands.

Having a quality assistant coaching staff has been and always will be a struggle for Cov Cath (along with most Catholic schools, as far as I can tell), but it was a struggle that Coach Ray managed to overcome for a good while.

Agree, it was if Dale got reallllly mad at CovCath for some unknown reason and just got obsessed with trying to find ways to win every game really big...IDK