Is Covington Catholic really that good a job?

Cynical

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I keep seeing this comment on Rowe. As I asked in another thread:

Didn't Rowe hire Wirth?

Who hired Brossart?

So if Rowe hired both of them, then why will he get it right this time?

Wirth was hired by Rowe

Brossart was hired by Kline , who was not the person recommend by the selection committee

The bigger point is that a wealthy booster maybe even a person involved with a team somewhere in the program made it apparent to many that he would write a check for major dollars if Dave Wirth was fired and if they hired a certain coach to replace him. Did that have an impact?

No Way! If that were to happen, shame on CCH. Again, no way that this was even a remote reason!

I can't believe that either. If it is true, I will lose a lot of respect for the CovCath administration.

I already did lose respect for CCH, a long time ago. :walk:

Wirth was hired by Rowe

Brossart was hired by Kline , who was not the person recommend by the selection committee

Thanks for clarifying that for me. Based on that, I can see why there is confidence in Rowe. Personally, I think the Wirth hire was a good one so I would say Rowe has done well in his hiring. Wirth leaving is puzzling to me. I doubt we will ever know the whole story on why he is gone. It will be interesting to see who Rowe brings on to improve on Wirth.

Thanks for clarifying that for me. Based on that, I can see why there is confidence in Rowe. Personally, I think the Wirth hire was a good one so I would say Rowe has done well in his hiring. Wirth leaving is puzzling to me. I doubt we will ever know the whole story on why he is gone. It will be interesting to see who Rowe brings on to improve on Wirth.

I liked Wirth , disappointed but not surprised he was let go. I thought it would have happen earlier

I did hear from someone that was at the BB game Tuesday that Wirth was asked to make changes including not bring back 3 coaches, one of which was Matt Roberts his long time OC.

Wirth would not do it and Rowe may have found the reason he was looking for.

Rowe does not like to loose, and talking to people who saw he after the Highlands and Beechwood games are not surprised.

I liked Wirth , disappointed but not surprised he was let go. I thought it would have happen earlier

I did hear from someone that was at the BB game Tuesday that Wirth was asked to make changes including not bring back 3 coaches, one of which was Matt Roberts his long time OC.

Wirth would not do it and Rowe may have found the reason he was looking for.

Rowe does not like to loose, and talking to people who saw he after the Highlands and Beechwood games are not surprised.

I think it had already been agreed to with Dave and Matt that Matt was not on the staff next year.

I think it had already been agreed to with Dave and Matt that Matt was not on the staff next year.

I was told 3 coaches and the other 2 were not named.

Roberts name may have come out because he had already agreed not to come back.

If this true I am even more disappointed that Wirth was let go, Roberts had become a major issue within the team the last couple of years. I know someone who has spent many years helping the school and never said a bad thing about any coach or staff member , but he never had a good thing to say about him.

The offense had become so predictable, after the Highlands game I talked to a couple of players and they where very upset. They kept telling the offensive coaches that Highlands is calling out the play that they where going to run, but he never changed.

I talked to other coaches and they told me the same thing, CovCath had become very predictable.

1. There are a lot of benefits to a private education. Every teacher cares about every kid for starters. None of them are coasting into retirement.

OK, that was very poorly stated and does not deliver the intended message. Let’s try again.

Teachers don’t come to CCH because of the pay. Once there, they stay at CCH because of the fulfillment they receive day in and day out. If the personal rewards are no longer there, a faculty member will not just stay the course for the paycheck or the retirement. They can earn more just about anywhere else they choose.

That is all I was trying to say.

1. There are a lot of benefits to a private education. Every teacher cares about every kid for starters. None of them are coasting into retirement.

OK, that was very poorly stated and does not deliver the intended message. Let’s try again.

Teachers don’t come to CCH because of the pay. Once there, they stay at CCH because of the fulfillment they receive day in and day out. If the personal rewards are no longer there, a faculty member will not just stay the course for the paycheck or the retirement. They can earn more just about anywhere else they choose.

Gotcha. I agree that the vast majority do love it there despite making less money.

I knew what you meant. It's all good! :thumb: