Inside the 10th Region (1-11-15)

Some interesting games this week:

Boone County at Scott (Monday)

Mason County at Boyd County (Tuesday)

Campbell County at Conner (Tuesday)

GRC at Harrison County (Tuesday)

Paris vs. Augusta @ Robertson (Thursday)

Scott vs. Campbell @ NKU (Friday)

Montgomery County at GRC (Friday)

Oldham County at Harrison County (Saturday)

Lexington Catholic at Mason County (Saturday)

Class A Finals (Saturday)

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The losses to Iroquois, Model and Pendleton County were bad losses, no doubt about it. But sometimes you have a bad night. Sometimes shots don't fall. Sometimes you're in a stretch of a ton of games, all on the road night after night and fatigue just might set in. I'm not making excuses for the losses. I'm trying to explain that when then district tournament starts, everyone is 0-0. It doesn't matter who you played, when you played them, how you did. As I mentioned in an earlier post, you can't compare or make predictions based on games against common opponents. Until a smaller school actually competes with a larger school there will be intimidation that keeps the two at a distance. Three years ago, Augusta broke down that barrier when they took Mason County to the wire in the 39th district final. Since then Augusta is 2-2 vs. Mason County, two losses in the Murph, two wins in the district. And pressure on Hinson? Not a chance. In fact, due to the sizes of the two schools, the pressure should always be on Mason County. And should the two meet in the district again maybe Mason County will win. But they were supposed to the last two years, weren't they?

The losses to Iroquois, Model and Pendleton County were bad losses, no doubt about it. But sometimes you have a bad night. Sometimes shots don't fall. Sometimes you're in a stretch of a ton of games, all on the road night after night and fatigue just might set in. I'm not making excuses for the losses. I'm trying to explain that when then district tournament starts, everyone is 0-0. It doesn't matter who you played, when you played them, how you did. As I mentioned in an earlier post, you can't compare or make predictions based on games against common opponents. Until a smaller school actually competes with a larger school there will be intimidation that keeps the two at a distance. Three years ago, Augusta broke down that barrier when they took Mason County to the wire in the 39th district final. Since then Augusta is 2-2 vs. Mason County, two losses in the Murph, two wins in the district. And pressure on Hinson? Not a chance. In fact, due to the sizes of the two schools, the pressure should always be on Mason County. And should the two meet in the district again maybe Mason County will win. But they were supposed to the last two years, weren't they?

I don't think the Pendleton County loss was bad at all. Wildcats are a good team.

As goldie said, right now, teams 3-10 could be ranked almost any way and a person could defend the ranking.

The Class "A" will hopefully give us a clearer picture. With Bracken County out, I am rooting for Augusta, but will support whichever team comes out on top and advances to the state tournament. I think any 3 of Brossart, Augusta, & Paris could take this thing. There just doesn't seem to be much separation between them.

I can tell you this: Mason doesn't want to draw Augusta.

I don't think the Pendleton County loss was bad at all. Wildcats are a good team.

As goldie said, right now, teams 3-10 could be ranked almost any way and a person could defend the ranking.

The Class "A" will hopefully give us a clearer picture. With Bracken County out, I am rooting for Augusta, but will support whichever team comes out on top and advances to the state tournament. I think any 3 of Brossart, Augusta, & Paris could take this thing. There just doesn't seem to be much separation between them.

agreed... GRC and Mason have kind of separated themselves from the pack...for now.

This.. I picked Augusta from the get go to win this yr and im going to stick to my guns. I will always pull for Bracken untill they either win it or are eliminated. They are out now, so i will quietly hope Augusta can claim the All A prize.

I fully understand your logic. FYI- Last year Augusta and Mason hooked up early in the season, with Mason coming away with a 17 point victory. But when they met in the district semifinal, Augusta was victorious.

Of course, Brent Bach had 48 points to lead Augusta to that victory, but once again, I think most would agree that on paper, Mason should have dominated Augusta in that semifinal, yet they didn't.

I saw that game. With no malice toward Coach Hinson or any of the other Panthers, Bach won that game ALL .. BY .. HIMSELF.

It was ridiculous how he was able to score, at all three levels. May be the only time I'll ever see one player win a game, with so much at stake, by himself. It was a thrill to see.

This.. I picked Augusta from the get go to win this yr and im going to stick to my guns. I will always pull for Bracken untill they either win it or are eliminated. They are out now, so i will quietly hope Augusta can claim the All A prize.

I have some pretty conspicuous orange apparel - top to bottom - if you're interested.

Some interesting games this week:

Boone County at Scott (Monday)

Mason County at Boyd County (Tuesday)

Campbell County at Conner (Tuesday)

GRC at Harrison County (Tuesday)

Paris vs. Augusta @ Robertson (Thursday)

Scott vs. Campbell @ NKU (Friday)

Montgomery County at GRC (Friday)

Oldham County at Harrison County (Saturday)

Lexington Catholic at Mason County (Saturday)

Class A Finals (Saturday)

First game (5:30pm) of a Tripleheader at BOKC on NKU Campus.

Holmes-Cooper at 7:00pm

NCC-CovCath at 8:30pm

Talk about bang-for-you-buck ...

I saw that game. With no malice toward Coach Hinson or any of the other Panthers, Bach won that game ALL .. BY .. HIMSELF.

It was ridiculous how he was able to score, at all three levels. May be the only time I'll ever see one player win a game, with so much at stake, by himself. It was a thrill to see.

No question.

I think it's always worth noting, the defensive effort in that game by the Panthers. It almost seems to defy logic how the front line of Johnson, Henry, and OMara didn't have their way. No doubt the Panthers wouldn't have won that game without Bachs production, but they wouldn't have won without Camryn Snapps defense in the middle either.

This week's Litratings:

REGION 10

1.Mason County 93.3

2.Clark County 88.3

3.Campbell County 85.5

4.Montgomery County 77.5

5.Scott High 77.4

6.Paris 74.3

7.Bishop Brossart 71.5

8.Harrison County 71.5

9.Pendleton County 67.9

10.Bourbon County 64.7