Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Inside the 10th Region (1-11-15)

Featured Replies

I also believe that Paris will defeat Mason County on 1/27 in Maysville.

 

After seeing Paris this past Saturday I'm not as high on them as I once was. Their an athletic team but that's about it. They should have handled Bracken with ease. The Royals should win by 15+ especially in the Fieldhouse

  • Replies 111
  • Views 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After seeing Paris this past Saturday I'm not as high on the as I once was. Their an athletic team but that's about it. They should have handled Bracken with ease. The Royals should win by 15+ especially in the Fieldhouse

 

 

This^^^

Fun Fact: Mason County is 19-0 on the new Fieldhouse floor (old floor was replaced in the summer of 2013).

 

In other words, tough to beat the Royals in Maysville..

Augusta has 13 wins. 1 of those wins was against a team presently with a record above .500 (Scott).

 

They beat Scott (without Schneder) & Harrison, then also lost to Model, Iroquois, & Pendleton.

Bracken County beat those 3

[/b]

Bracken County beat those 3

 

That's gotta puts us in Fifth or sixth right? :idunno: :)

Fun Fact: Mason County is 19-0 on the new Fieldhouse floor (old floor was replaced in the summer of 2013).

 

In other words, tough to beat the Royals in Maysville..

 

Their last game on the old floor? A 39th district tournament semifinal loss to Augusta, 72-61. Is that why they took up the floor? :lol2:

Their last game on the old floor? A 39th district tournament semifinal loss to Augusta, 72-61. Is that why they took up the floor? :lol2:

 

You do what it takes.:thumb:

Their last game on the old floor? A 39th district tournament semifinal loss to Augusta, 72-61. Is that why they took up the floor? :lol2:

 

Somebody or something had to pay:thumb:

Their last game on the old floor? A 39th district tournament semifinal loss to Augusta, 72-61. Is that why they took up the floor? :lol2:

 

Not to digress too much.

 

I thought that when they dismantled that historic floor, they should have kept the center circle intact, had as many former Royal players and coaches sign it as they could get, and display it in the lobby. Could have been a one-of-a-kind conversation piece.

Not to digress too much.

 

I thought that when they dismantled that historic floor, they should have kept the center circle intact, had as many former Royal players and coaches sign it as they could get, and display it in the lobby. Could have been a one-of-a-kind conversation piece.

 

We did just that at Bracken when the old school was torn down. It's on display as you walk in the igloo in the cafeteria minus the signatures

We did just that at Bracken when the old school was torn down. It's on display as you walk in the igloo in the cafeteria minus the signatures

 

Maybe we could at start a petition to get at least you and JT to sign it ;)

Mason County is the clear #1 and they have proved it so far. It's hard for me to rank a top 10 because I haven't seen all the teams play. But the most scrutinized team in the region seems to be Augusta. I've seen the Panthers play 17 times this season and there have been highs and lows. The highs are of course the wins over Scott and Harrison County. Neither opponent was at full strength but both were still quality teams and at the end of each contest, Augusta won. Their lows were losses to Pendleton County, Boone County, Model and Iroquois. The Panthers should have won 3 of those four and be 16-3 right now but their late December slump made them a team that no one is talking about anymore. They won't be complaining about that either. They are currently on a four game winning streak heading into Thursday night's matchup with Paris in the class a semifinal. Don't use scores of common opponents to define Augusta or anyone else, none of it makes sense. Every game and opponent is different and there are so many factors that can play into each game. Personally I thought Augusta would move up in the rankings this week but I understand why they didn't. At the end of the day, when the 39th district draw comes in early February, the most nervous coach in the room will be Chris O'Hearn. Because no matter what me, or anyone else says right now, Mason County does not want to face Augusta the in the semifinal round this season.

Not to digress too much.

 

I thought that when they dismantled that historic floor, they should have kept the center circle intact, had as many former Royal players and coaches sign it as they could get, and display it in the lobby. Could have been a one-of-a-kind conversation piece.

 

I was hoping I'd get a piece of the floor, not just because of Augusta's victory but the history of the place. If that floor could have talked....

  • Author
I was hoping I'd get a piece of the floor, not just because of Augusta's victory but the history of the place. If that floor could have talked....

 

Yep. :thumb:

  • Author
Mason County does not want to face Augusta the in the semifinal round this season.

 

Agreed, but I think that's a 2-way street.

 

But I will say--and you know this better than any of us--for 3 years now, Augusta has upped its game in the postseason when the opponent has been Mason County. The 72-61 game you mentioned...that's the best game I've seen Augusta play in the last 3 years plus this season.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.